Insight Global

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.5

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Insight Global.

Basic on campus interview. They talked to me at a career event and I agreed to an interview the following day. The interview was not particularly formal because of the nature of the job. They are looking for people with good social skills so it is pretty much a conversation.

Low salary

Telecommunications Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Insight Global.

It was a total cluster. The interview had nothing to do with the job, the hiring tech just wanted to give people a hard time. Insight Global has to resend the contract multiple times because they kept screwing it up.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me what color shirt I am wearing today just by the sound of my voice, over the phone.   View Answer

Java Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Insight Global.

I applied through Monster on a Friday afternoon, and within 30 minutes got a recruiter calling me, in a location that I'd like to be. I was told about a job which fit me, then scheduled for a telephonic and Skype interview for Monday morning (both agreed to be initiated by the company), I take a day off of my current job. The scheduled time comes and goes with not a peep from Insight's recruiter, and 30 minutes later I send an email, stating that the appointment was missed by them. She responds and we reschedule for the afternoon. Well, the scheduled afternoon time comes and goes, and 40 minutes later I get a call from the recruiter wanted to reschedule the telephonic interview with her boss and to start the Skype interview.

UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

I am happily employed, the only reason I applied to the job was because of location.

Interview Questions
    • Other than asking to reschedule 3 times, no further questions were posed.   View Answer

Professional Recruiter Interview

Such a horrible processes. The people seemed friendly at first. During the interview the manager had to constantly check his phone. I ended up walking out because would never want to work for a company like that. Extremely rude! I have heard from many people that managers will constantly check their phones during an interview. If that is a company you want to work for the go for it. I would rather work for a place where I am treated with respect.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Insight Global.

Insight Global's interview process is a rigid 3 step one. First you have a phone screen with one of their corporate recruiters, who tells you about the company itself, the day to day responsibilities you will have if you do get the job, and he/she then digs in to learn about you and your background. Next you are brought in for a face to face interview, where you meet with a variety of different people in the office. Finally you are asked to go out to lunch (a meal) with the sales manager/VP of company, where they make sure you are able to keep a conversation over a meal. (since Insight is a sales company after all.)

Interview Questions
    • -Why Sales?
      -Tell me a little about yourself?
      -When have you been in a situation where you were challenged and what did you do to resolve it?

Answer Question
    NO negotiating. Every office in the company has its' own base salary they give to their employee. This varies on the area of the country you live in.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global.

I was recruited through linked in. The interview was a conversation with a guy who tried to sell me on the position. Told me about how much money I could make.. etc. It seemed like he had to persuade people to want to work there. The experience was much more of a conversation and getting to know each other (behavioral) than a formal interview.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global.

The recruiter was very helpful and gave me tips on what they were looking for at the interview. Most of the people interviewing were nice and personable except for a select few who seem to have wanted to make you feel intimidated than comfortable. The recruiter called me before my last round of interviewing asking if they offered me the job that day would I be ready to commit and since I said I would at least need a night to discuss with family and colleagues, they weren't up for negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty basic questions. No brain busters. They mostly want to know about you and some good characteristics about yourself that would be beneficial for the company.   Answer Question

They did not allow me enough time to think it over.

Recruiter Interview

Had one interview, met with three different people at their Downtown Charlotte office. Spoke for a while and ultimately never got a call back. The office was really nice and had many great views of the surrounding downtown charlotte area.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult or unexpected question they asked me was why I chose my degree. I majored in economics and I didn't have a good way to tie in my economic experience to their job requirements or company culture.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global in October 2014.

From the moment I began working with Samantha Jaeger with Insight Global it was a wonderful experience. The application and interview process can sometimes be a tedious task, however from the beginning I felt comfortable with Samantha. She took her time clearly explaining the roles to me, and responsibilities, as well as next steps. I loved that she kept and remains to keep me informed and is always responsive. I feel comfortable asking her questions, and know that she has my best interest. I have a very strong resume and am grateful to have been paired with Samantha at Insight Global. I too look forward to becoming a great ambassador as she has been. She has made what is normally a difficult process, just a little easier!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision. (The questions were situational in nature and allowed me to share of my excellent experiences and background)   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Insight Global in October 2014.

Hiring process involved one in-office interview whereby Insight Global and I reviewed my resume, discussed opportunities, and established a rate range. Within a matter of a few days my first interview was set. I was extended an offer from the client the same day. This quick turnaround reinforced my initial impressions of my hiring manager in the Columbus, Oh office (Brittany A.) whereby she demonstrated a good working knowledge of the position and the prospective client's requirements and a genuine desire to match me with an employer with the best fit. Things went great and the entire process was short, painless, and altogether sweet.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions as I have been in the consulting business for the past 10 years and interviewed by many different recruiters.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations required. I was well prepared ahead of time and everything agreed with my expectations and the client.