Insight Global

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.5

Recruiter Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Insight Global.

I originally applied for this position a couple months ago. After about a week I contacted the recruiter (both through linkedin and email) in my local area to know what the status of my application was. I never heard back. They recently posted for the same position in which I contacted them again however this time was contacted about a phone interview. It went really well in which the recruiter told me she thought Id be a good fit for the local company based on my experience and personality and would get back to me by the end of the week. After a week of not hearing from her I contacted her asking her what the status was in which she told me told, "I am not the best fit for the position." If thats how they felt all along I would have rather of been told the first time around then waiting over a week to hear that.

Interview Questions
    • How will your personality help you succeed in this position?   Answer Question

Recruiter/Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global in August 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn saying that after viewing my online resume he would like to set up a time to speak with me on the phone about openings that they had at insight global in recruiting and account managing. I set up a phone interview with him and had a very nice conversation with him, at the end of which he asked if I would like to schedule an in person interview at their offices to which I agreed.

Before heading to my in person interview I did a lot of research on the company and started discovering things that made me feel a little apprehensive about the company -- They have a HUGE turnover rate for their first year employees, pay is very low with a commission structure that does not allow you to make a lot of extra money, they make their employees write positive reviews about the company on sites such as this one to boost their rating (you will notice that all of the 5 star reviews are very generic and from current employees, whereas if you look at the 1 star reviews, they are all from former employees and give details such as this one), many claim that they are untruthful during interviews about the 6-8 months that it takes to be promoted from the recruiting position to account manager position and that, in reality, some are never promoted, and there are even many articles online calling this company a"scam." Despite reading all of this, I decided to go to my interview to give them the benefit of the doubt and form my own opinion of the company or, at the very least, to get some interview practice.

When I arrived at the office, I walked into the lobby which had 3 conference rooms off of it with windows to the lobby. There was also a desk with a phone on it, but no receptionist. Next to the phone was a sign saying "for assistance please pick up phone" so I picked up the phone, introduced myself, said why I was there and who I was looking for and, after hanging up, was very promptly greeted by the man I had just spoken to and told that my interviewers were currently busy so to take a seat and they would be with me shortly.

Once there was an interviewing room available, I had three separate fifteen minute interviews. The first was a bit more focused on my resume and the other two were more conversational. A couple things my interviewers said during the interviews made me further question the job and the company such as "when I got hired, I really didn't even understand what the position I was being hired for meant," and "in an average day you make about 90 phone calls, but, of course, not everyone answers, so you will probably actually speak to about 8 or 9 people." The position of "recruiter" is actually more of a telemarketing job which has you making cold calls for the majority of the day.

Although the three people with which I interviewed were very nice, I could not get passed the information that I had researched about the company and knew that this company would not be the right fit for me.

The people I interviewed with did genuinely seem to enjoy their jobs and enjoy working there, but for me, I felt that the company seemed to be very unethical and was not the environment that I was looking for. If you do interview, I suggest you do a lot of in depth research on the company so that, if you are offered a position, you know what you would be getting yourself into and can make an informed decision.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview was really just to get an idea of your personality and to see if you could come off well over the phone, since about 95% of the job is making cold calls everyday. Be prepared to answer the usual questions like "Tell me about yourself" and "why are you interested in sales?"

At the in person interview, you will speak with a few different people, and will be expected to lead the conversation and ask a lot of questions.

"Do you consider yourself a competitive person?"
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Insight Global in August 2014.

Very positive atmosphere in the office. I walked in early and was taken to a separate interview room right away with no waiting involved to speak to an account manager. It speaks a lot about a company when they are professional in the hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I was contacted through linkedin by a corporate recruiter. He asked to set up a phone interview and we then conversed a few times until I was asked to meet with a sales manager at the Kansas City office. The communication between Insight Global and myself was okay but nothing spectacular. Interview was not very difficult.

Recruiter Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Insight Global in August 2014.

First had a phone interview with the corporate recruiter that went really well so I was asked to come in the office for an in-person interview. The person that was originally supposed to interview me was out that day so I met with someone else. It was somewhat casual - he didn't really have many questions prepared and it was more conversational I was not offered the job due to competition since about 60 people were being interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • If money wasn't a factor, what would your dream job be?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Insight Global in August 2014.

I felt very led on with the job. I was told one thing and another happened. I think this company could be a great company to work for, but me experience was a little skewed.

Interview Questions
    • I asked multiple questions, but they just kept saying "do you have any more questions" as if I was not doing enough.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Insight Global in August 2014.

Their head recruiter contacted me, I did not even apply. I got a first round interview right away, they seemed very interested in expanding. During the interview the person was open and outgoing. However they talked a lot about the career potential there and not really much about the entry level job itself. Overall it seemed like a cool place to work but the entry level job kind of sucks. It seemed that once you move your way up it got much better.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me how I see myself fitting in there. I thought this was difficult for a first round interview because I had not even seen the office, or spoke to any of the people there. I answered in regards to the job but wished they would have been more specific.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Insight Global in August 2014.

I was contacted by corporate recruiter by email and we set up a time for a phone interview the next day. It was a very pleasant conversation where he asked about my education, experience and personality. He then invited me to come to the office for an in-person interview with a couple of senior account managers. Before the interview we did phone call where he gave some tips for the meeting. At the office I only got to meet one interviewer, the director of corporate recruitment. He was very nice and I did most of the talking - about my education, experience and personality. Towards the end it was time for my questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Corporate Recruiter reached out to me initially on LinkedIn. First phone interview went really well, felt like the person on the other end of the phone truly enjoyed their job. Completely different experience during the first and second in-person interviews with the sales manager at the Kansas City office. She was nice enough, but I basically felt like she was giving a sales pitch the whole time and expected me to jump out of my seat when she went on and on about the salary potential and all of the fun "office outings." Overall, very unprofessional process and I felt like I was interviewing with someone who was much more immature and unprofessional than myself, not to mention, only a few years older. I would not have taken the job had I gotten the offer because of how unimpressed I was by the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy, they basically just want to get to know you and see if you can hold a conversation. Just the usual, "why do you see yourself at Insight" type questions. My advice: ask the sales manager tons of questions about herself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Randomly contacted by recruiter without knowing my background. Very basic and TO easy. Then came in for 15 minute interview. Not a normal process, required no intelligence or background. They will contact you in 24 hours after with next process.

Interview Questions
    • None were hard. what did playing a college sport teach you?   View Answer