Insight Global

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.5

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Insight Global in October 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter via email and had a phone interview the same day. The following week I went in for the face to face interview. It was interviewed by three separate people, one after the other.

Interview Questions
    • The questions that were asked were pretty basic. Each interviewer asked why I wanted to get into sales and why I would be a good fit. They asked if I had any sales experience as well. There were not that many job related questions asked. It felt more like a casual conversation and they were just trying to get to know you and your personality.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Insight Global in October 2014.

I was contacted by the company saying that they saw my resume online. I agreed to come in for an interview. No one knew where the guy that was supposed to interview me was. I waited for about 30 minutes when finally a man brought me in a room to interview me. He was extremely rude and overly confident. He was texting through most of the conversation. He would ask me questions, but not genuinely seem to care what the response was. Very unprofessional. After that another girl came in and I basically had the same conversation with her. They were very vague about the actual job that I would be doing. No one in the office was over 30 years old. Then, a guy came in to say hello and then said maybe we can have you in for lunch next week. It was a really strange experience. After that the recruiter contacted me a few days later wanting to know who I interviewed with. There was no further contact.

Benefist Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global in October 2014.

Caitlin Donahue is very detailed and informative. She is positive and friendly and courteous. She gave my extensive information about what to expect for the client interview and what to expect about the position. The client company interview was great. Insight Global representatives were there to greet me and introduce me to the client company hiring agent. I only had to wait a few minutes and the interview was cordial and there were no questions which did not pertain to the position and the companies values.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Insight Global in October 2014.

They called me and set up an interview after the initial phone interview. Mostly personal questions and talking one on one like you were at lunch or something. They ask about why you picked your school etc. made it through the interview process but did not receive an offer.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Insight Global in October 2014.

First was a phone interview which was extremely easy. The corporate recruiter out of Minneapolis is one of the nicest people that I've ever talked with. She was extremely helpful and seemed like she was truly interested in helping me to nail the interview. She even gave me wardrobe advice, and potential questions to ask. Needless to say, I was selected for an in person interview in Rosemont. I feel like they interview almost anyone in person as it's a part of their training process. During the personal interview, I was asked a few questions and mainly asked them all of the questions. I felt like I killed it as I had the Account managers laughing and talking about themselves the whole time, but for some reason wasn't asked back for a final interview. If you try to go the long route in answering a question they will but in and won't let you finish, get to the point and quick. The process is really nothing to get hyped up or worried about. They ask you 3-4 of the most basic questions in the book. Essentially, the account managers at Insight form their opinion of you the second they walk into the room and shake your hand. I had killer internal advice from other recruiters within the industry and knew how to answer every question to a T. All insight is looking for is really good looking people who are former Greeks from college. This is an ideal opportunity for your typical Gamma Epsilon Kappa Omega whatever member from X-University. Hit the gym, and drink about 5 Red Bull's before this interview. It's recruitment all over again.

Interview Questions
    • What role do you play in your group of friends? Why do you want to work for Insight? Why Sales? Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global in October 2014.

Recruiter and account manager took the time necessary to really understand both my needs as well as those of the client. I was well prepared for the interview as I was given a description of what they wanted in words, not just a job description. Also, I had LinkedIn URLs for most of the team, so I could understand the background of the team interviewing me.

Bing Maps Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global in October 2014.

Great company. Everybody is very professional, and very helpful, Ive learned a lot in a short period of time. This company has helped me understand technologies i once took for granted, and has made me grow a higher appreciation for the work and effort that is put into our everyday tools.

Interview Questions
    • the commute is a little harsh since the roads are not the best specially during the winter.   Answer Question

Helpdesk Support Level I Interview

I was slated to start working for a couple of other temp companies and then from out of nowhere Insight Global gave me a ring asked me if available for an interview that day. Then, I was in their office that same day interviewing with the recruiter and the supervisor. The recruiters were very fast ask me if I was interested in the position and I said yes,that was a Monday,my first day of training was that following Wednesday.

Interview Questions
    • I really didn't have a difficult or unexpected interview question.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Insight Global.

Two interviews. Initial interview was a standard interview getting to know about your experience and the position. Second interview was a lunch to see how you can fare in a social settting. The recruiter I worked with was amazing and was on top of every aspect of the interview and was awesome about getting feedback very promptly.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for most people is finding out why they really want to work for Insight Global.   Answer Question

Junior Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Insight Global.

Received call from recruiter saying he had found my resume online and had a couple positions he thought I might be qualified for. He talked very fast, asked a lot of questions about my experience, and before I knew it, was telling me he was going to set up an interview for two days from then and what time was I available. Taken off guard, I gave him a time, and he then said he was going to shoot me an email with details and that a colleague of his was going to call me later in the day to give me more details about the position and I needed to send him 2-3 references. Long story short, over the next three days, I received so many calls and emails from the company, I felt spammed. They kept just telling me I was a "perfect fit" for the position, but I never got a written description. I found out that although I would be working as a sub for another contractor, they would technically be my employers, and did not offer any benefits like PTO, transportation reimbursement, or sick days, and the recruiter himself warned me even the healthcare was expensive. They named a salary, which they expected me to answer within the day, and when I told them it was too low, they told me to name my price, again expecting it by the end of the day. When I did, they said it was too high, and asked me to lower it, which I did, being a people pleaser. At that point I found out I was expected to have two more interviews - one with them, and one with the client, both of which would have required me to take a minimum 3 hours off my workday. They finally agreed to Skype interview me for the first one, but were a half hour late calling me. Then it lasted all of 5 minutes as it turned out all they wanted was to see that I looked professional so they could pass me on to the client interview, which was scheduled for the next day. Glad I didn't drive a half hour for that! I was told I would be getting details later that day for the next morning's client interview. I never heard a word from them, and I finally emailed them at 7:00 PM to let them know I assumed the interview the next day was off. They emailed and called the next morning to say they were still waiting to hear back from "management" and should be able to schedule it soon, but by that time I was done. I felt like every time they talked to me they were in sales mode and did nothing but talk fast and schedule things to get through as many candidates as possible. They treated me like I was some unemployed kid who should be thrilled just to have someone interested in me, and didn't have an answer ready when I asked why I should work for their company, since they offered no actual benefits. I sent a very polite email, explaining that I had decided to move on with my job search and was no longer interested in the position they were offering, and received a rather unprofessional email response saying that my email had "shocked" them and I hadn't even given the client a chance to tell me what my duties would be and to please call them immediately so they could "explain my situation."
    While being friendly on the surface, I felt they were extremely pushy and reminded me of a salesperson trying to tell me what I wanted and make me agree to something before I even had a chance to think about it. I also felt they had very little respect for my time or the fact that I did have a current job and couldn't drop things at a moment's notice to talk to them again.
     Probably great for unemployed people since they obviously like pushing candidates into positions as quickly as possible - not so much for someone (especially an introvert) who is just keeping an eye out for a better position and likes to actually think things like a career move over before agreeing to it.

Interview Questions
    • Asking for my references prior to an interview with the client   Answer Question