Insight Global

424 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Service Tech Interview

Field Service Tech

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details – The communication between InsightGlobal was excellent, from the time I meet with the recruiter to the moment I got hired they were there every step.

Interview Question – The interview question weren't very hard due to the fact I previous knowledge of the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was very one-sided I believe and favored Insight Global.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Technical Recruiter
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details – The hiring process went pretty smoothly. 1st set up a call with a Recruiter, then an in-person interview where you talk to about 3-5 people. Finally, a lunch interview with sales managers. The people who work there seem very similar/nice, but every interview you feel like you're being judged on what you look like/everything you talk about.

The lunch interview was the strangest part. I was not asked one question about my resume. Although the lunch was informal, it seemed unprofessional. I understand the point is to see if you can hold a conversation and would be a fit for relationship-based sales, but having not met either of the sales managers before, I felt a little confused as to why I wasn't being asked any questions.

After the lunch interview, I was fully expecting to get an offer, and didn't. I genuinely really loved one of the sales managers, and the other seemed to not like me as much (we just didn't have too much in common), and I think that may be why. If you don't get an offer after lunch, you didn't get the job.

Interview Question – Why sales?   View Answer

Greenwood Village, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Insight Global in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a Corporate Recruiter after she found my profile on both LinkedIn and Indeed. She initally told me about the position in detail, asked me about my background and what I'm looking for in a new position. She then scheduled me to come in for a face-to-face interview. It went well so I came in 2 more times after and was then offered the job. The process went very fast and communication was great.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be in Sales and what can you contribute to our company   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Insight Global in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online after a family friend mentioned the company to me. A few days later I received a phone call asking when I would be available for a phone screen. I went through the phone screen and was asked common questions, why Insight Global, tell me about your background, hobbies, etc. I matched the criteria she was looking for and I was prompted for a face to face interview. I was living in PA and interviewing for Boston so I had to commute. I had my face to face interview on a Thursday, dress is business professional, suit and tie, make sure you look your best, because it seems that everyone in the office was clean cut and attractive. I interviewed with two sales managers and an account executive 1 on 1, 1 at a time. Most of the questions were the same, Why sales? What Motivates you? What do you know about Insight Global? Then they ask if you have any questions, This is KEY. Be ready with 5-6 GOOD questions. The job is conversation based so this is what they are judging you on. Ask about them, show that you did your research on the company, the interviewers, the culture, everything, and be as original as possible with your questions. STAND OUT. Make sure you have energy too, be over the top with energy, drink an energy drink or an expresso shot before you go in. I'm serious. After the interviews I was asked to meet the sales team, they were trained to berate you with friendliness and enthusiasm so be ready to shake a lot of hands in a short amount of time. I was then asked to come back to the office the next day for a second interview. It is the lunch interview. I met at the office and went out with 1 sales manager. Make small talk on the way, don't leave any awkward silences. Find subjects that you can talk to anyone about. This interview was completely natural, it is like having lunch with a friend, but make sure you keep the conversation interesting and fun. This will be your job in the future so you have to prove that you can carry a conversation and be fun to talk to. I went to a sushi restaurant so make sure you know how to use chop sticks. After lunch which lasted an hr, I met with another account manager, and was thanked for coming in. I recieved a phone call on my ride home from the sales manager offering me the position. Make sure you ask after each interviewer is about to leave if they have any hesitations about you. Get it out on the table and prove to them that their hesitations are wrong. Be confident, kill the nerves and own the interview. If you're nervous they won't know the real you. Be prepared, be confident, and be energetic and you will get the job.

Interview Question – Why Sales? What Motivates you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Technical Recruiter
Greenwood Village, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a Corporate Recruiter. She talked to me about my background, the position requirements, and if I would be interested in being an Account Manager. I loved the way the job sounded so she brought me in for a face to face interview. I had about two in-person interviews before I was offered the job. Very comfortable interview process.

Interview Question – Being asked how I could excel most in being in a Sales position   Answer Question

Recruiter

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details – I first spoke with Insight at university's career fair, where I was able to schedule an interview for the very next day. The interview was fairly concise and the university recruiter did most of the talking. He mostly talked about the position and company and would then give you time to respond to what he said. He didn't ask many specific/standard questions--just gave you time to respond to what he said and then respond to your response. At the end, he said he needed to review the applicants and would get back to us about the second interview, however some others received a second interview offer at the end of the first interview. Heard back by beginning of the following week.

Interview Question – Tell me about something you did not enjoy doing and why.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details – Dragged along hiring/recruiting process for more than 2.5 months when originally stated that we will move you along and get a decision pretty quickly. All-in-all a very nerve wrecking experience.

Set up interviews that were postponed by the client and did a poor job with updates. In the end did not get offer because of poorly written requirements in the job description. I had 3 rounds of interviews on which I did very well. Matched very well with written description and did very well in technical interview. The client did not have any other candidates that advanced as far as me, seemed like the client was knit-picking to get out of the commitment to the Insight Global recruiter.

In summary, Insight Global could not provide accurate/timely information and will not work with them anymore.

Interview Question – How would I configure QOS over MPLS.   View Answer

Unknown Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details – I applied through LinkedIn and received a call not 10 minutes later from a very enthusiastic guy. We spoke for a few minutes about the open position. He stated that there were a few that he knew of, but definitely a payroll position. It was sooo loud on the other end of the phone...a lot of yelling. I was interested in the payroll position, so I agreed to go to the interview, which was literally scheduled the next day. I went in and spoke with the corporate recruiter I spoke with the day before, and he kinda prepped me for the interview, which I kinda understand, but at the same time it felt a little demeaning. I definitely know that he is in the field that he's supposed to be in, because he was really easy to talk to and everything, very enthusiastic.

So then he brings me downstairs and says he's going to find someone for me to speak with about the company and the position, which was really weird...like he had no idea who I would speak with or anything. So he comes back with the head of HR. I really liked speaking with him, as that's the field I am most interested in.

Then he comes back with two girls, in their mid 20s and they both speak with me. Nice conversation, but when I asked about the role of the position, they stated there was a payroll position, but the people I would have to speak to about that weren't in that day, but that there is also an "open" position, which is when they hire someone who trains in everything and then place them where they're most interested. This did not sound good to me.

The corporate recruiter I spoke with in the beginning told me to email him RIGHT AWAY, like as soon as I get in the car, about whether or not I was interested and so forth. Like he didn't even want me to think about it...so of course, I wait a few hours and state that I enjoyed speaking with everyone, but I would only want to continue on in the process for the payroll position and not the vague one everybody kept mentioning. No response. That was the end of that.

I'm pretty sure they were trying to get me in there to do recruiting. It seems like a very scam-y place.

Interview Question – Honestly no difficult questions, just went over my experience and asked about that and school.   Answer Question

Recruiter

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details – Approached through LinkedIn and the interview was on campus. Went over resume, she asked me to explain some of my experience, and then told me about the job the rest of the time.

Interview Question – Didn't really ask any specific questions except what qualities I had that would make me good at the job.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global in February 2014.

Interview Details – Professional results: as soon as I posted my resume, online...I received calls from the Los Angeles, CA office...and soon after? from the Orange County Office. They communicate between the offices as if, they are in the same location. Amazing results. Fast turn-around on the phone calls and/or emails. There is NO false statements to make me feel "safe" with my selection of the Employment agency.

Interview Question – technical questions, that were NOT on my resume...to see how I respond????   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Insight Global