Insight Global

Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Java Developer Interview

Junior Java Developer
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details – Was contacted out of the blue by a recruiter. I assume that she got my resume off of career builder or off of some other network. She had a position for me, told me a little about the company I would be staffed with. She sent me a skills test, which I thought was a garbage test, but I did okay nonetheless. Then she set me up with a phone interview.

Phone interview was quite easy. She then set me up with an on-site interview, and was very helpful in that regard considering my limited availability. On-site interview was pretty standard as well. A couple of basic algorithmic questions and some design questions. Nothing too difficult.

Overall, it was a very smooth process. I was never left out of the loop or wondering what was going on.

Interview Question – Implement a method to determine whether a string is a palindrome.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The offer they made me was very good. This was an entry level position and they were offering me 40/hour (about 80k/year). In the end, I ended up taking a different offer because of location and some other career factors.

Worked for Insight Global? Contribute to the Community!