Insight Global

Average Difficulty
215 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global in July 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through the company's website and was contacted a few days later by a recruiter that handled applicants in my area. He was very enthusiastic and interested, but he explained the company and position with this same zeal so much so that it almost felt like a sales pitch. The phone interview was quick and simple and involved a near equal amount of talking from both sides. I was invited to the local office for an in-person interview, the first of a two-interview process. Before the interview my recruiter was very helpful and informed me exactly what they were looking for. I was hardly asked any real questions during my interview at Insight Global. They expect you to take charge of the conversation and keep the mood up. This went well and the branch manager left and sent in an account manager to interview me also. I was startled by how young the girl was who came in the room next. She was very attractive, as was every girl that I saw walking around the office. It gave me the vibe that I was almost at a disadvantage for not being a young attractive female. This interview was the same style, she asked me one or two questions then let me take the floor. This time around I asked significantly fewer and simpler questions because I didn't think she was as qualified to be interviewing. This is likely where I messed up, as the second interview was over much quicker than the first, not a good sign, and my recruiter lazily got back to me over a week later to tell me they went with someone else.

Interview Question – Their questions seem completely unplanned and random, as they expect you to be the one talking.   Answer Question

Recruiter

I applied online and interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details – I originally applied for this position a couple months ago. After about a week I contacted the recruiter (both through linkedin and email) in my local area to know what the status of my application was. I never heard back. They recently posted for the same position in which I contacted them again however this time was contacted about a phone interview. It went really well in which the recruiter told me she thought Id be a good fit for the local company based on my experience and personality and would get back to me by the end of the week. After a week of not hearing from her I contacted her asking her what the status was in which she told me told, "I am not the best fit for the position." If thats how they felt all along I would have rather of been told the first time around then waiting over a week to hear that.

Interview Question – How will your personality help you succeed in this position?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Insight Global

Interview Details – First interview is a phone screening where they ask you about yourself. The second interview you meet them at their office and speak to 2 different individuals regarding any questions you might have about the company and their inner workings, and they also tell you about the company.

Interview Question – What do you bring to the table over the other candidates?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Insight Global

Interview Details – First I was contacted on the phone by a recruiter named Luigi who was very enthusiastic about the company. Then I had a in person interview with a couple different people. It honestly seemed like I was doing the interview they didn't ask many questions and the ones they did ask were all personal questions. It seemed to me like they wanted to people from sororities. All together everyone was very nice and it seemed like a good opportunity.

Interview Question – she asked me a couple times why I wanted to do sales but just in a couple different ways   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details – Was contacted by one of their local recruiters, and set up an on-site interview shortly after. On the phone, the recruiter was very cheerful and optimistic about my personality/fit for the company. When I arrived, the sales managers must have been busy because instead I was placed a three round interview with three different account managers. All three were very conversational in nature. For each one I felt like I was talking about my personal life too much, and then before I could get to my qualifications the interview would abruptly end. On the second round I asked what I thought was an important question; "As a recruiter, do you ever feel as if you're also working for the people you're trying to hire? Are you trying to find the best fit for both the new hire and the company?" And their answer was a resounding "No". They said it's all corporate based. Insight global makes money off the spread between what their client (companies) pays them to fill positions, and the salary of the new hires. Recruiters then make commission off of that difference. This kind of system incentivizes recruiters to fill positions quickly and with the lowest salary possible, which means that in the IT industry (the main consumer base for Insight) where labor is relatively high-skilled, your goal as a recruiter is to find the people desperate enough to take those lower salaries. I'm all for economic efficiency but when my job is to consciously gain commission at the expense of someone else's livelihood I get a little uneasy. I think this came across in the interview as they haven't made any effort to contact me afterwards (only five days ago though). Overall, the staff was very polite and personable, and the interview process was streamlined and conversational, while remaining professional.

Interview Question – What are the three best qualities that you have that will allow you to be successful in sales?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Insight Global

Interview Details – Sat in during on-campus interviews, they talked almost strictly about my activities, interests. They asked mostly on how I spent my free time, what interests I had, how I got involved with greek life, etc.

Interview Question – What do you do for fun?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Insight Global in April 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter, followed by in-person interview. Interviewed with about 4 account managers that day in a small conference room. The interview was more of a conversation/getting to know you than a formal questions and answer interview. Account managers seemed very passionate about their job and the future of Insight Global but I didn't get the best vibes.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Recruiter

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details – A phone interview with a corporate recruiter, and then they invite you for a face to face interview with a Sales Manager of the office, which can take some time. From there they will invite you to a third and final interview which is to lunch, you should hear back very quickly whether or not they would like to move forward.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years from now both personally and professionally   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details – Two interviews. First one at the office. Second time I was taken out to lunch with the hiring managers. Met lots of Account Managers. Everyone was really nice and friendly.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. They wanted you to be the one asking the questions   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details – The process was great. A couple friends of mine were hired for the recruiter position at Insight Global and recommended me to their corporate recruiter. The recruiter called me right away and set up a face to face interview. The interview was very relaxed and I met with 4 different people. They always asked me the same question in the beginning "Tell me about yourself" and then from there it was very conversational. You have to make sure you ask a lot of questions and really sell yourself!

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself...this is not as easy as it seems. You really need to have a good interesting answer and convince them why they should want to hire you.   Answer Question

Worked for Insight Global? Contribute to the Community!