Insight Global

Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.4

269 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Insight Global.

Applied online- received a phone call the same day and had my first phone interview right away. Very laid back interview, they exepct you to do a lot of the talking. Obviously if you're going to be applying for recruiting positions you should be able to do that no problem!

Interview Questions
  • They were pretty standard questions, like I said- you do all the talking   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Insight Global.

Interviewers acted as if they did not know that I was coming in. I had to wait over 30 minutes after my scheduled interview time before someone could speak with me. The person I was told I would meet with was not in the office that day. Overall a very poor experience that showed the companies lack of organization and communication.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Mainly just talked about the position and what it entailed   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Insight Global.

I was recruited at a College Career Fair by one person, she then emailed me to set up the phone interview. Phone interview was very easy, more casual conversation about experiences, likes/dislikes, and what the job entailed, etc. Very simple, but almost seemed rushed and uncaring.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was a reverse interview--essentially, I was to ask all the questions, and the interviewer answered. I was only asked one question, and it was "where are you from?"...It seemed as if they didnt really care about me or my past experiences at all.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global in January 2015.

My interview experience with Insight Global was an overall positive experience however, there were a few items of note one should know beforehand. Insight Global understands that the onsite interview is designed to get to know a potential employee as a person and how that person would fit in with the company as a whole. That being said, the Insight Global approach to the interview was rather "thin" on the personal side and the focus quickly shifted to how the company was run and what the position in question required. Having never worked specifically in the I.T. recruiting field, I felt that the possible questions I could ask were somewhat limited and could not present my position in the best possible way. While I left the interview with a positive outlook, I could not help but feel like I had just played the part of a journalist rather than a potential employee. If I could do it again, I would return the focus of the interview back onto me and why I was a right fit for the company.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the most important aspect of recruiter?   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Insight Global in January 2015.

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn for an on-campus interview late November. The on-campus interview was very easy, comfortable and basically the lead into whether or not you get to interview at an office. I interview at the Chicago location in January and talked to four different employees. It was similar to the campus interview, very comfortable and easy going. They basically just want to get to know you, your interests and intentions for why you want to work for Insight Global.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any "difficult" questions because you just carry on a conversation the whole time between the interviewer but I would be prepared to answer why you would like to work in sales.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Insight Global in January 2015.

After meeting a campus recruiter at a school job fair, an interview was scheduled at a local office. I was instructed to wear 'Business Professional' attire, and wore a suit. I ended up feeling over-dressed, as the interviewers and the employees around the office were in more fashionable attire, a skirt and blouse or cute business dress. The interview was extremely informal... no questions were asked of me, they only asked if I had any questions. I met with two people separately, an account manager and a campus recruiter, and never actually saw the person the interview was scheduled with. They were speaking with me more as a peer than as a potential employee, and ended up feeling more like an audition than an interview. I was never asked anything about my resume or anything, just about my expectations and if I understood the job. They really just wanted to see if I could find commonalities with others and keep up a fun and full conversation. After about an hour, the second person said that they would be comparing notes and contacting me about the possibility of a second-round "interview," where I will be invited to a lunch, dinner, or happy hour to interact with other employees. Overall, it seemed extremely laid-back, more similar to sorority recruitment than a job interview, and the presence of a "work hard, play hard" culture was definitely obvious.

Interview Questions
    • Very few to zero questions were asked, more of a conversation.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

This company is a JOKE. They go after college kids who have no idea what they want to do with their degree. I have never felt more uncomfortable in an interview, no one in the office was over 28, which seemed a little strange and it was. I got two different answers from different employees. Asked me weird questions AND DID NOT CARE ABOUT MY PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AT ALL. ONLY CARE ABOUT YOUR SOCIAL STATUS AND HOW MUCH YOU GO OUT.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Insight Global.

I was first contacted through LinkdIn, and was asked to attend the career fair at my college to meet the corporate recruiter. After I met her, she offered me an in person interview at the most convenient job sight. The interview went very well (was not the format I was told it would be), I spoke with three random employees for about fifteen minutes before I actually spoke with the person I was told that I would interview with (she ended up spending the least amount of time with me). It was very casual, and I felt very comfortable. It was an easy interview processes. However, there was some miscommunication between my recruiter and me, I was told that I would not be interviewed for the specific location where I was interviewing at in the second round, and that it would just determine if I would move on to the third round or not. However, the interview was for that specific office, and I was not interested in that specific location. Overall, great experience.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were very easy and expected. Why sales? What motivates you? They really didn't ask as many questions. More like "tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global.

Found out about the job through campus career services and had an on campus interview. Next was an interview at their location, and after was a one on one lunch with the Sales manager. Basically they want you to drive the conversation and have a lot of energy. All the people I talked to were extremely nice and easy to have a conversation with. They like people who were athletes or are in Greek Life as it is a really social and high energy atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard, mainly want you to ask the questions. know why you want to do sales and why insight global   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global.

VERY unorganized interview. Spoke with four different people, most seemed interested to talk to me but came off very fake. Asked what my favorite bar was on campus and what sorority I'm in. They didn't ask me about my experience at all. Also, why sales? Sat in a room by myself for thirty minutes as I waited for one of the woman to come in. Very irresponsible and unorganized. Seems like they care more about looks than how well you can actually perform a job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Mostly just about you and what you do in your free time.   Answer Question