Insight Global

Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.4

237 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global.

I was recruited through linked in. The interview was a conversation with a guy who tried to sell me on the position. Told me about how much money I could make.. etc. It seemed like he had to persuade people to want to work there. The experience was much more of a conversation and getting to know each other (behavioral) than a formal interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

Recruiter Interview

Had one interview, met with three different people at their Downtown Charlotte office. Spoke for a while and ultimately never got a call back. The office was really nice and had many great views of the surrounding downtown charlotte area.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult or unexpected question they asked me was why I chose my degree. I majored in economics and I didn't have a good way to tie in my economic experience to their job requirements or company culture.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Insight Global.

Two interviews. Initial interview was a standard interview getting to know about your experience and the position. Second interview was a lunch to see how you can fare in a social settting. The recruiter I worked with was amazing and was on top of every aspect of the interview and was awesome about getting feedback very promptly.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for most people is finding out why they really want to work for Insight Global.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Insight Global.

The process starts with an initial phone interview (tell me about yourself, where did you go to school, why did you want to go there, why did you choose your major). It is all about connectivity. If you connect with the interviewer, they will bring you in for a face to face where you will have 3 separate interviews where they will basically ask you the same questions during each interview. They are going to look for you to drive the conversation as much as possible. Finally, if they like you, they will invite you to come back for a lunch interview where they will see you in a sales environment, like when you're out with clients. Other than that, it really isn't a tough process. If you like small talk then you will have a breeze with the interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. You start with this salary and so does everyone else. No exceptions.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global.

The interview felt like a joke and it was not worth the time to go in person. I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn. We had a brief phone interview in which he spoke very quickly and got me excited about the company. They keep up appearances by having a very nice office location and requiring business-formal attire.

However, when I walked in 15-mins early (as instructed) I was surprised there was no receptionist; I thought he/she may have run to the bathroom so I waited before picking up the phone that had a sign saying, "For assistance please pick up phone."

I was led to a conference room and I waited for awhile before the recruiter walked in to let me know that my interviewer, a director at IGI, would not be able to make it and that he would conduct the interview himself. I was surprised that a recruitment company that appears to seek humble, confident and professional individuals doesn't prioritize its own recruitment process, and that it is entirely acceptable for upper level management to miss interviews. From this experience, I would wonder how much management is, in fact, invested in employees and causes me to seriously doubt my desire to work at a company that treats its interviewees like sheep...one after another after another.

At first, the recruiter was very likable, but later seemed distracted, texting on his Blackberry, and even had his shoe up on the table. Very casual and overconfident. Being a member of Greek life is important. Also, if you take the lead and try interrupting instead of observing normal interview courtesies, like waiting to speak until there's a pause, you may come off as the "extrovert" they are looking for.

Also, they will tell you again and again that they have recently been ranked #4 of best places to work for in "Yahoo Finance," but actually, the news article is not written by Yahoo as it appears. It was posted on 247WallSt.com, which compiled the list from the "employee" ratings on Glassdoor, which also seem phony: another review here confirms my suspicion that employees are required to write positive reviews once hired.

All in all, in my opinion, this company is not worth your time.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Insight Global.

I was contacted through LinkedIn. The recruiter called me and told me a little about the position and the company. He talked very fast and seemed like a "yes" man. Within a week I had an in person interview with him. Although he was very nice, he was indeed a "yes" man, which made him come off as fake. He seemed very distracted during our interview, which was pretty casual and basically to see if I could hold a conversation and if my personality would fit in with that of the company. He was texting during the interview, which is not professional at all. Both on the phone and in person he kept asking "So do you have any questions? Any other questions?" I think he wanted to gauge my curiosity and interest within the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global in September 2014.

A recruiter for the company found my resume on Monster and followed up with a call and e-mail. After the phone screening (super short, basically to see if I was outgoing enough) a time was chosen for me to come in to the local office for two one-on-one interviews. The recruiter let me know that my background experience didn't matter. What they were looking for was someone to lead the conversation. Based off of this, I went into the interview and tried to get to know the two people who were interviewing me and asked them a ton of questions. I spent between 45 minutes to 1 hour with each person. One of the people I interviewed with told me they were looking for young people fresh out of college with tons of energy and drive. He flat out said "we are not looking for a 40 something person. We need fresh young faces." Based off the people who interviewed me and doing a little research into the company, the typical worker at insight global is white with blonde hair and blue eyes, extremely fit and very good looking. I consider myself good looking enough (although I am not stereotypical looking) but found the company to be too superficial for my liking. They didn't try and get to know me in the interview process and I guess I didn't fit the mold of what they were looking for, so I didn't get another interview.

Interview Questions
    • What part of town do you live in and why did you chose that part of town? (Seems like a very strange question to ask)   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global in September 2014.

Applied via LinkedIn, got a call the next day for a phone screen. The recruiter on the phone was very nice, however I did my research before going into the in-person interview. This is not a company you want to work for unless you have very limited options (according to reviews) and I couldn't agree more from the interview process. It was very unprofessional and informal. You get the feeling as if the manager cared more about the size of his watch and letting everyone know how much money he makes than finding a candidate that would do the job well.

I had real outside sales experience and knew right away that they were not going to like this because they couldn't lie to me as easily about what the job entailed compared to some sorority girl who thinks she's just going to be entertaining clients every night (you're not, it's 99% cold calls to solicit references).

If you make the second interview they take you out to lunch and if they don't like you then they drop you off in the parking garage and say we will be in contact. If this sounds like a job for you than by all means make sure you are loud, attractive, and have a suit almost as nice as theirs.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Insight Global in September 2014.

Recruited at an on-campus Career Expo, talked to the recruiter who immediately scheduled an interview appointment for the next week. Did hours and hours of research on the company, drove an hour to get to the interview, sat down and talked with the interviewer for about 10 minutes, was brought into the office and introduced to literally every employee, back to the interviewer for 5 minutes, then it was over. No chance for them to really learn anything about me or for me to ask the questions I had prepared about the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Insight Global.

The hiring process at Insight Global was very smooth. I was contacted initally by an internal recruiter via linked in. The process consisted of a phone screen, office inital interview, and then a lunch with the sales manager. I was very pleased with their process and felt that I received an accurate representation of the company. They answered all of my questions with ease and made me feel comfortable in the work environment.

Interview Questions
    • What are the top three things you look for in a company?   Answer Question