Insight Global

Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.4

228 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Insight Global.

The process starts with an initial phone interview (tell me about yourself, where did you go to school, why did you want to go there, why did you choose your major). It is all about connectivity. If you connect with the interviewer, they will bring you in for a face to face where you will have 3 separate interviews where they will basically ask you the same questions during each interview. They are going to look for you to drive the conversation as much as possible. Finally, if they like you, they will invite you to come back for a lunch interview where they will see you in a sales environment, like when you're out with clients. Other than that, it really isn't a tough process. If you like small talk then you will have a breeze with the interview.

Interview Questions
No negotiations. You start with this salary and so does everyone else. No exceptions.

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global in September 2014.

Applied via LinkedIn, got a call the next day for a phone screen. The recruiter on the phone was very nice, however I did my research before going into the in-person interview. This is not a company you want to work for unless you have very limited options (according to reviews) and I couldn't agree more from the interview process. It was very unprofessional and informal. You get the feeling as if the manager cared more about the size of his watch and letting everyone know how much money he makes than finding a candidate that would do the job well.

I had real outside sales experience and knew right away that they were not going to like this because they couldn't lie to me as easily about what the job entailed compared to some sorority girl who thinks she's just going to be entertaining clients every night (you're not, it's 99% cold calls to solicit references).

If you make the second interview they take you out to lunch and if they don't like you then they drop you off in the parking garage and say we will be in contact. If this sounds like a job for you than by all means make sure you are loud, attractive, and have a suit almost as nice as theirs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Insight Global in September 2014.

A recruiter for the company found my resume on Monster and followed up with a call and e-mail. After the phone screening (super short, basically to see if I was outgoing enough) a time was chosen for me to come in to the local office for two one-on-one interviews. The recruiter let me know that my background experience didn't matter. What they were looking for was someone to lead the conversation. Based off of this, I went into the interview and tried to get to know the two people who were interviewing me and asked them a ton of questions. I spent between 45 minutes to 1 hour with each person. One of the people I interviewed with told me they were looking for young people fresh out of college with tons of energy and drive. He flat out said "we are not looking for a 40 something person. We need fresh young faces." Based off the people who interviewed me and doing a little research into the company, the typical worker at insight global is white with blonde hair and blue eyes, extremely fit and very good looking. I consider myself good looking enough (although I am not stereotypical looking) but found the company to be too superficial for my liking. They didn't try and get to know me in the interview process and I guess I didn't fit the mold of what they were looking for, so I didn't get another interview.

Interview Questions
    • What part of town do you live in and why did you chose that part of town? (Seems like a very strange question to ask)   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Insight Global.

The interview felt like a joke and it was not worth the time to go in person. I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn. We had a brief phone interview in which he spoke very quickly and got me excited about the company. They keep up appearances by having a very nice office location and requiring business-formal attire.

However, when I walked in 15-mins early (as instructed) I was surprised there was no receptionist; I thought he/she may have run to the bathroom so I waited before picking up the phone that had a sign saying, "For assistance please pick up phone."

I was led to a conference room and I waited for awhile before the recruiter walked in to let me know that my interviewer, a director at IGI, would not be able to make it and that he would conduct the interview himself. I was surprised that a recruitment company that appears to seek humble, confident and professional individuals doesn't prioritize its own recruitment process, and that it is entirely acceptable for upper level management to miss interviews. From this experience, I would wonder how much management is, in fact, invested in employees and causes me to seriously doubt my desire to work at a company that treats its interviewees like sheep...one after another after another.

At first, the recruiter was very likable, but later seemed distracted, texting on his Blackberry, and even had his shoe up on the table. Very casual and overconfident. Being a member of Greek life is important. Also, if you take the lead and try interrupting instead of observing normal interview courtesies, like waiting to speak until there's a pause, you may come off as the "extrovert" they are looking for.

Also, they will tell you again and again that they have recently been ranked #4 of best places to work for in "Yahoo Finance," but actually, the news article is not written by Yahoo as it appears. It was posted on 247WallSt.com, which compiled the list from the "employee" ratings on Glassdoor, which also seem phony: another review here confirms my suspicion that employees are required to write positive reviews once hired.

All in all, in my opinion, this company is not worth your time.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Insight Global.

I was contacted through LinkedIn. The recruiter called me and told me a little about the position and the company. He talked very fast and seemed like a "yes" man. Within a week I had an in person interview with him. Although he was very nice, he was indeed a "yes" man, which made him come off as fake. He seemed very distracted during our interview, which was pretty casual and basically to see if I could hold a conversation and if my personality would fit in with that of the company. He was texting during the interview, which is not professional at all. Both on the phone and in person he kept asking "So do you have any questions? Any other questions?" I think he wanted to gauge my curiosity and interest within the company.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Insight Global in August 2014.

I was contacted by corporate recruiter by email and we set up a time for a phone interview the next day. It was a very pleasant conversation where he asked about my education, experience and personality. He then invited me to come to the office for an in-person interview with a couple of senior account managers. Before the interview we did phone call where he gave some tips for the meeting. At the office I only got to meet one interviewer, the director of corporate recruitment. He was very nice and I did most of the talking - about my education, experience and personality. Towards the end it was time for my questions.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Insight Global in August 2014.

Their head recruiter contacted me, I did not even apply. I got a first round interview right away, they seemed very interested in expanding. During the interview the person was open and outgoing. However they talked a lot about the career potential there and not really much about the entry level job itself. Overall it seemed like a cool place to work but the entry level job kind of sucks. It seemed that once you move your way up it got much better.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me how I see myself fitting in there. I thought this was difficult for a first round interview because I had not even seen the office, or spoke to any of the people there. I answered in regards to the job but wished they would have been more specific.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Morristown, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Insight Global in June 2014.

This process was phenomonal. I submitted my resume on a Saturday and had my first phone interview with Abigail Cunanan on the following Monday. I was brought in for an interview that same Friday and met the two sales managers, Abigail, and one other Account Manager from the office. That same afternoon I scheduled my final lunch interview with Steve Wasik, our current Sales Manager for the Morristown office. After lunch I came back to the office, met two more employees, and Steve offered me the job on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Insight Global.

The hiring process at Insight Global was very smooth. I was contacted initally by an internal recruiter via linked in. The process consisted of a phone screen, office inital interview, and then a lunch with the sales manager. I was very pleased with their process and felt that I received an accurate representation of the company. They answered all of my questions with ease and made me feel comfortable in the work environment.

Interview Questions
    • What are the top three things you look for in a company?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Insight Global in August 2014.

I felt very led on with the job. I was told one thing and another happened. I think this company could be a great company to work for, but me experience was a little skewed.

Interview Questions
    • I asked multiple questions, but they just kept saying "do you have any more questions" as if I was not doing enough.   Answer Question

Worked for Insight Global? Contribute to the Community!