Insight Global Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.4

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

I was called within a day of applying via Linkedin. The corporate recruiter was very nice, and after the phone screening, I was called in for a interview with the team. You go in and pick up a phone for assistance. They put you in a room and I spoke with two account managers, both very nice. Be prepared for more of a conversation. I was told I would meet with the sales manager, but never did (he was too busy). Even though both phone and in person interview went great and they seemed to really like me, they didn't offer me the job because someone else had more experience. My corporate recruiter told me the news within 3 days, which was nice.

I felt a little sketchy at first, because of all of the horrible reviews online. Also, seeing as to how every team across America, I only saw a handful of employees that weren't white (check out their instagram, and their employees on linked). They are never straight up with the salary question. We spoke a lot about going out, college life, and college sports. It is a good job if you are interested in being in greek life all over again.

I almost felt like they didn't even need a position filled, it seemed like the corporate recruiters job was to find people for his quota and waste time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global in April 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was very helpful throughout the entire process, and I enjoyed speaking with her during the initial phone screen. I was invited for a 1:1 in person interview which went pretty well, but it was just your typical surface level interview and somewhat unprofessional with the first person interviewing me swearing 3 different times and also talking about how the office has a lot of drama and is very catty like a fraternity or sorority . The third interview was a lunch interview that I thought was very unprofessional and the interviewers seemed very fake and immature making comments such as "my favorite part of being sick is loosing all the weight", "Where do people in your sorority hook up if you all sleep in the same room?" and asking other strange questions. It was much more of a time to judge me and see if I was "cool" or not rather than seeing if I was qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• They really didnt ask me any questions...and let me ask all the questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Insight Global (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Was first contacted via LinkedIn. From that point, we set up a phone interview and quickly set up a formal, in person interview. The formal interview was very casual and more conversation driven. We spent a lot of time just casually talking, not even about business. I asked some questions which were thoroughly answered. After the formal interview I was contacted about a final interview which I have yet to have.

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Insight Global (San Luis Obispo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very conversational. The interviewer roughly described the position and its development into the Account Manager position. Not very many questions relating to the job were asked. Most of the questions were simply related to my history and questions about my self. Overall, it was a positive interview experience, but I was left unsure as to how the interviewer felt regarding my interview.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school and met the recruiter. I had the first and second interview at the office. The interview style was very conversational and they just wanted to get to know me. I met with 3 different people.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Insight Global as a company?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

It was a fairly easy interview process. A corporate recruiter messaged me on LinkedIn, we did an informal phone interview to see if I was interested. Insight happened to be holding interviews on campus the next day. That interview was very conversational and helped me learn more about the position/company. The corporate recruiter then told me they wanted me to meet in their office for the next round. This interview was with the Sales Manager - again very conversational, pretty easy interview. He sent in an Account Manager to interview me. I loved the AM, she was very honest and transparent about her role/salary and the potential in the company. We had a lot to talk about. She then brought me into the "pit" to see everyone in action. Everyone is very young/attractive but very welcoming. They all ran up and shook my hand. The next round interview is a lunch interview with the director of operations. It was very laid back and enjoyable. They are interested in seeing how you can drive conversational and if you have a bubbly "people-person" personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary is non-negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Insight Global (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after applying for a position on LinkedIn. The phone conversation was very easy going, and informative about the business and position. I was asked to meet with the sales manager for a interview for a face to face interview. The interview felt very rushed because their was an issue with whoever scheduled the interview. The sales manager basically just told me about the position i applied for, info about the company and then told me he'd be in contact with me about setting up a final interview. When I hadn't heard from him I tried contacting my recruiter via email and phone calls...she told me she would get back with me in a couple days. I still have yet to hear back after a week.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

Three interviews. First was on campus and the second was at their office. I turned down the final interview because the job wasn't for me. Interviews are very casual.

Interview Questions

• No real Questions it was more of a casual conversation.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

A Staffing Recruiter reached out to me via email because she found my resume through my university. I emailed her back saying I was interested. She called me the next day for an informal phone interview. She asked me to tell her about myself. Then said that I qualified for an in-person interview at their local office. We set the schedule for the next week. Before the interview, the Staffing Recruiter sent me an email of how to prepare for the interview (common sense stuff, which people should already know going into an entry-level position). She also spoke with me before and told me to ask a lot of questions and drive the conversation. I prepared myself for the interview making sure my resume was perfect, gathered my references, and created my portfolio.

For the interview, I was in a small conference room. I spoke with 3 different people and it lasted for about an hour-and-a-half. They came and go one at a time. They did NOT care about work experience at all... In fact, one of the said, "We actually prefer people with no experience at all because they're easier to train." I also tried to follow the Staffing Recruiter's advice and tried to ask a lot of questions and drive the conversation... But I kind of had a difficult time with that because if you ask a lot of questions, they take a couple mins to answer your questions, then it becomes hard to drive the conversation. I mean, it wasn't a BAD interview. But compared to my past interview experience, it was very different and unorthodox. So I sort of wasted my time making my resume and portfolio. To prepare for this interview, make sure you have a lot of energy and seem really social and have a good connection with your interviewers. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Q: What bars do you like to go to?
      Q: What motivates you?
      Q: What demotivates you?

Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. They were pretty organized. Expect to talk to multiple people with all interviews except for final interview. The first 2 interviews had a relaxed vibe and seemed like the people that worked there really just wanted to get to know you and have a conversation with you rather than grill you with questions.