Insight Global

Updated Jan 26, 2015

2.4

271 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Insight Global.

Received a call from a corporate recruiter after posting my resume on careerbuilder.com that did a pre-screen phone interview. She then set me up with an interview at the branch that I wanted. The interview was schedule for 2:00pm I arrived 15 minutes early and was lead to a private room where I waited for probably 20-25 minutes which wasn't a big deal given I was early. After the office manger walked in he informed me he had just looked at his schedule and just noticed I was scheduled for that time slot, which means he had no idea what my name or who I was before walking in the door. The interview was very casual and the manager tried to make it as least stressful as possible it seemed. We talked a little bit about my resume and he asked some personal questions. I thought it went okay and then I waited another 15 for an experienced account manager to walk in the door so he and I could talk. We talked about personal topics the whole time. They really just want to see that your an out going person, will be able to handle the non-stop cold calling, and be able to envision that you'll be an account manager one day.

Interview Questions
  • Whats your life story? Why will you be successful in this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Insight Global.

My friend from school works as an account manager, they helped me get an interview. I went for the in person interview and it was in a room right outside the private office. The man interviewing me was nice but seemed uninterested. He only asked about my hobbies..... As soon as he found out I was married the interview was over. It's like they only want recent grads....single girls/guys...Trust me, I'm only 25 so I'm young...but I'm married. Sooooo....you do the math.

It's a very very low base salary of 28k to be a recruiter. The hours are brutal; I have friends who work there that work 60 hours a week making pennies. Sure the trips they pay for you to go I are nice but you'll have to work your tail off literally to get to that point. Not worth the low pay and constant competition for hierarchy.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question: what are your hobbies?   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Insight Global.

Applied online- received a phone call the same day and had my first phone interview right away. Very laid back interview, they exepct you to do a lot of the talking. Obviously if you're going to be applying for recruiting positions you should be able to do that no problem!

Interview Questions
    • They were pretty standard questions, like I said- you do all the talking   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Insight Global.

Interviewers acted as if they did not know that I was coming in. I had to wait over 30 minutes after my scheduled interview time before someone could speak with me. The person I was told I would meet with was not in the office that day. Overall a very poor experience that showed the companies lack of organization and communication.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Mainly just talked about the position and what it entailed   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Insight Global.

I was recruited at a College Career Fair by one person, she then emailed me to set up the phone interview. Phone interview was very easy, more casual conversation about experiences, likes/dislikes, and what the job entailed, etc. Very simple, but almost seemed rushed and uncaring.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was a reverse interview--essentially, I was to ask all the questions, and the interviewer answered. I was only asked one question, and it was "where are you from?"...It seemed as if they didnt really care about me or my past experiences at all.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global in January 2015.

My interview experience with Insight Global was an overall positive experience however, there were a few items of note one should know beforehand. Insight Global understands that the onsite interview is designed to get to know a potential employee as a person and how that person would fit in with the company as a whole. That being said, the Insight Global approach to the interview was rather "thin" on the personal side and the focus quickly shifted to how the company was run and what the position in question required. Having never worked specifically in the I.T. recruiting field, I felt that the possible questions I could ask were somewhat limited and could not present my position in the best possible way. While I left the interview with a positive outlook, I could not help but feel like I had just played the part of a journalist rather than a potential employee. If I could do it again, I would return the focus of the interview back onto me and why I was a right fit for the company.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the most important aspect of recruiter?   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Insight Global in January 2015.

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn for an on-campus interview late November. The on-campus interview was very easy, comfortable and basically the lead into whether or not you get to interview at an office. I interview at the Chicago location in January and talked to four different employees. It was similar to the campus interview, very comfortable and easy going. They basically just want to get to know you, your interests and intentions for why you want to work for Insight Global.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any "difficult" questions because you just carry on a conversation the whole time between the interviewer but I would be prepared to answer why you would like to work in sales.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Insight Global in January 2015.

After meeting a campus recruiter at a school job fair, an interview was scheduled at a local office. I was instructed to wear 'Business Professional' attire, and wore a suit. I ended up feeling over-dressed, as the interviewers and the employees around the office were in more fashionable attire, a skirt and blouse or cute business dress. The interview was extremely informal... no questions were asked of me, they only asked if I had any questions. I met with two people separately, an account manager and a campus recruiter, and never actually saw the person the interview was scheduled with. They were speaking with me more as a peer than as a potential employee, and ended up feeling more like an audition than an interview. I was never asked anything about my resume or anything, just about my expectations and if I understood the job. They really just wanted to see if I could find commonalities with others and keep up a fun and full conversation. After about an hour, the second person said that they would be comparing notes and contacting me about the possibility of a second-round "interview," where I will be invited to a lunch, dinner, or happy hour to interact with other employees. Overall, it seemed extremely laid-back, more similar to sorority recruitment than a job interview, and the presence of a "work hard, play hard" culture was definitely obvious.

Interview Questions
    • Very few to zero questions were asked, more of a conversation.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

This company is a JOKE. They go after college kids who have no idea what they want to do with their degree. I have never felt more uncomfortable in an interview, no one in the office was over 28, which seemed a little strange and it was. I got two different answers from different employees. Asked me weird questions AND DID NOT CARE ABOUT MY PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AT ALL. ONLY CARE ABOUT YOUR SOCIAL STATUS AND HOW MUCH YOU GO OUT.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Insight Global.

I was first contacted through LinkdIn, and was asked to attend the career fair at my college to meet the corporate recruiter. After I met her, she offered me an in person interview at the most convenient job sight. The interview went very well (was not the format I was told it would be), I spoke with three random employees for about fifteen minutes before I actually spoke with the person I was told that I would interview with (she ended up spending the least amount of time with me). It was very casual, and I felt very comfortable. It was an easy interview processes. However, there was some miscommunication between my recruiter and me, I was told that I would not be interviewed for the specific location where I was interviewing at in the second round, and that it would just determine if I would move on to the third round or not. However, the interview was for that specific office, and I was not interested in that specific location. Overall, great experience.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were very easy and expected. Why sales? What motivates you? They really didn't ask as many questions. More like "tell me about yourself"   Answer Question