Insight Global

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.4

252 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Insight Global in August 2014.

Very positive atmosphere in the office. I walked in early and was taken to a separate interview room right away with no waiting involved to speak to an account manager. It speaks a lot about a company when they are professional in the hiring process.

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global in August 2014.

I received a call from a Corporate Recruiter almost immediately after submitting my resume. The initial phone interview was extremely casual. I was primarily asked about my college experience (i.e. Why did I pick my school, was I involved in a sorority) and very little about my actual professional experience. Scheduled a second interview for the following week. The second interview was also casual. The point of the second interview was mainly to make sure I was able to carry a conversation and be personable. Similar to other reviews I was asked "Do you have any questions" by every single person I met. Make sure to be prepared with a lot of questions. After the initial interview with the Corporate Recruiter I was introduced to several other people and eventually brought to the communal work area. I was told I they would follow up with me within the next few days.

Interview Questions

Offered a higher paying job

Recruiter Interview

First interview is a phone screening where they ask you about yourself. The second interview you meet them at their office and speak to 2 different individuals regarding any questions you might have about the company and their inner workings, and they also tell you about the company.

Interview Questions
    • What do you bring to the table over the other candidates?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

First I was contacted on the phone by a recruiter named Luigi who was very enthusiastic about the company. Then I had a in person interview with a couple different people. It honestly seemed like I was doing the interview they didn't ask many questions and the ones they did ask were all personal questions. It seemed to me like they wanted to people from sororities. All together everyone was very nice and it seemed like a good opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • she asked me a couple times why I wanted to do sales but just in a couple different ways   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Insight Global.

Was contacted by one of their local recruiters, and set up an on-site interview shortly after. On the phone, the recruiter was very cheerful and optimistic about my personality/fit for the company. When I arrived, the sales managers must have been busy because instead I was placed a three round interview with three different account managers. All three were very conversational in nature. For each one I felt like I was talking about my personal life too much, and then before I could get to my qualifications the interview would abruptly end. On the second round I asked what I thought was an important question; "As a recruiter, do you ever feel as if you're also working for the people you're trying to hire? Are you trying to find the best fit for both the new hire and the company?" And their answer was a resounding "No". They said it's all corporate based. Insight global makes money off the spread between what their client (companies) pays them to fill positions, and the salary of the new hires. Recruiters then make commission off of that difference. This kind of system incentivizes recruiters to fill positions quickly and with the lowest salary possible, which means that in the IT industry (the main consumer base for Insight) where labor is relatively high-skilled, your goal as a recruiter is to find the people desperate enough to take those lower salaries. I'm all for economic efficiency but when my job is to consciously gain commission at the expense of someone else's livelihood I get a little uneasy. I think this came across in the interview as they haven't made any effort to contact me afterwards (only five days ago though). Overall, the staff was very polite and personable, and the interview process was streamlined and conversational, while remaining professional.

Interview Questions
    • What are the three best qualities that you have that will allow you to be successful in sales?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Sat in during on-campus interviews, they talked almost strictly about my activities, interests. They asked mostly on how I spent my free time, what interests I had, how I got involved with greek life, etc.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global.

A phone interview with a corporate recruiter, and then they invite you for a face to face interview with a Sales Manager of the office, which can take some time. From there they will invite you to a third and final interview which is to lunch, you should hear back very quickly whether or not they would like to move forward.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years from now both personally and professionally   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global.

Two interviews. First one at the office. Second time I was taken out to lunch with the hiring managers. Met lots of Account Managers. Everyone was really nice and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. They wanted you to be the one asking the questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Insight Global.

The process was great. A couple friends of mine were hired for the recruiter position at Insight Global and recommended me to their corporate recruiter. The recruiter called me right away and set up a face to face interview. The interview was very relaxed and I met with 4 different people. They always asked me the same question in the beginning "Tell me about yourself" and then from there it was very conversational. You have to make sure you ask a lot of questions and really sell yourself!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself...this is not as easy as it seems. You really need to have a good interesting answer and convince them why they should want to hire you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global in July 2014.

I submitted my resume through the company's website and was contacted a few days later by a recruiter that handled applicants in my area. He was very enthusiastic and interested, but he explained the company and position with this same zeal so much so that it almost felt like a sales pitch. The phone interview was quick and simple and involved a near equal amount of talking from both sides. I was invited to the local office for an in-person interview, the first of a two-interview process. Before the interview my recruiter was very helpful and informed me exactly what they were looking for. I was hardly asked any real questions during my interview at Insight Global. They expect you to take charge of the conversation and keep the mood up. This went well and the branch manager left and sent in an account manager to interview me also. I was startled by how young the girl was who came in the room next. She was very attractive, as was every girl that I saw walking around the office. It gave me the vibe that I was almost at a disadvantage for not being a young attractive female. This interview was the same style, she asked me one or two questions then let me take the floor. This time around I asked significantly fewer and simpler questions because I didn't think she was as qualified to be interviewing. This is likely where I messed up, as the second interview was over much quicker than the first, not a good sign, and my recruiter lazily got back to me over a week later to tell me they went with someone else.

Interview Questions
    • Their questions seem completely unplanned and random, as they expect you to be the one talking.   Answer Question