Insight Global Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.7

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Insight Global (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Very conversational; I wasn't asked much about my experience. The interviewers didn't tell me much about what they did before walk about completely unrelated things. I had to call the recruiter to find out that I didn't get the job... he never contacted me because he was in Mexico...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

Sales Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2012.

Interview

When I went in for my first interview, they sat me in a room and told me that the "boss" would be a little late and that they would have someone else come in to keep me company. When that person came in they talked with me about pretty causal topics: interests, schools, etc. then after 5 minutes he said he would go back and see if the "boss" was ready. Five minutes later he finally came in, gave me a pretty straightforward interview, asking about my experience and career aspirations and then we parted ways. I got a call back for a second interview and the same thing happened. They said the "boss" would be late, I talked with the same guy for about 10 minutes, and then had a lunch interview, where they asked me more specific questions about where I see myself in the next 10 years, how competitive I considered myself etc. After lunch, they took me back to the office where I got a tour of the office. I was a bit overwhelmed because when I walked in EVERY single person (about 10) got up and shook my hand and introduced themselves. Everyone is extremely outgoing and bubbly so if you do not think you can plaster a smile on your face all day I would consider looking elsewhere.

The most ironic thing was I talked with a friend who had an interview the same week I did. She said the whole "boss" thing being a little late and talking to someone else in the meantime happened to her as well. BE ADVISED EVERYONE YOU ARE TALKING TO IS PART OF THE INTERVIEW PROCESS NOT A CASUAL, "OH I'LL KEEP YOU COMPANY WHILE WE WAIT FOR THE BOSS TO GET DONE WITH WHATEVER HE IS DOING."

Overall, the interview process was fine, they are looking for a very specific type of person. They will have a recruiter call you before the interview who will act like your best friend and prepare you for what to expect and then they will ask you to call them after to let them know how it went.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Insight Global (Atlanta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

Met with 3 individuals who worked in the Sales department. Very short and basic conversation drills. Wanted to see if you could hold a conversation and keep them entertained. You could tell immediately the type of personality that fit in the company and if you had it or not. I did not.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Insight Global (Richardson, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Did 2 phone interviews with Insight Global, then had 2 skill tests (on line), then did an on site interview with the employer. Was notified within 2 business days that I was accepted.

Interview Questions

• Everyone does something they regret doing in a job. What was yours?   1 Answer
    • are there any "kinds" of people you just cant get along with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations were available

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Easy phone interview with a couple personality questions. Then in office interview with about 3 people. Never asked any serious questions. More of a personality job. Pretty superficial

Interview Questions

• Be extremely energetic. Greek life and clubs also help a lot.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2011.

Interview

Submitted application online and was called for a telephone interview the next day. The HR person just started asking questions...she did not want to set up a future appointment. The telephone interview went well and a meeting with the hireling manager was set up for the following week. Interview also went well but the salary for the position was below the responsibilities of the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging situation you were able to overcome in your previous role.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Insight Global in February 2011.

Interview

I went to an interview with IGI and I came away quite pleased. Everyone greeted me with a smile and a handshake. The pay was also very good. I was asked back to another interview with the district manager which has not taken place yet. I did a bit of research and it seems that they may work you very hard but for large amounts of money. The turnaround also seems to be quite high.

Interview Questions

• If I were a speaker what song would you have playing as you came out?   Answer Question