Insight Global Technical Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

Step One: Phone interview with internal corporate recruiter - just be energetic
Step two: In-Person Interview - 1:1 with 3 different people
Step three- Lunch with 2 people (Director and Sales Manager) - they are trying to assess how well you can carry a convo and entertain during lunch meetings

Interview process is so easy. They are looking for the following: Motivation, energy, communication and interpersonal skills. And if you dress well, in a sorority or frat, and is pretty/handsome... the chances of you getting the job increases by 80%.

DO NOT act timid or shy... you will not be the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Compensation is non-negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global (Rosemont, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who was really enthusiastic about the company and the job. It felt good to know that someone would reach out to me. She asked if I wanted to work for the Denver office, where I am from, but I informed her that I actually intended to move out to Chicago. She set me up with an interview with the Rosemont office, and I interviewed in-person while I was out visiting a week later.

The Recruiter as well as another one that I reached out to on LinkedIn gave me advice to just be myself and show that I can carry a conversation by essentially interviewing the people that interview me. I took their advice and talked to three different Account Managers who were all very friendly and enthusiastic. I did my best to ask good questions, and I felt very confident about the interview.

I called the recruiter back the next day to see what happened next, and she told me that they would tell her if I would receive the lunch interview by the end of the week. I was very nervous by the time Friday rolled around, and I eventually received an email informing me that I did not get a second interview. I was definitely bummed out, and responded back to the Recruiter saying thank you, and asking for any advice. She never responded back which bothered me. When I emailed the AM's who interviewed me the night after my interview to follow up, they never responded back either. This made me question if they were really interested in me working there, or if they were just putting on a good face to get me to come in for an interview. I'm hoping this isn't the case, because they seemed like a great company. I still would have appreciated a phone call to inform me rather than an email (which may have been sent out to multiple candidates).

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Insight Global in April 2015.

Interview

They called me after finding my resume on career builder and had a brief phone screening before asking me to come in for an office interview. At the office interview I waited 15 minutes in a small hot room for the recruiter to come in and talk to me. When we talked it was a little too casual and I felt like I was going through sorority recruitment all over again. Overall it was very unprofessional and it felt rushed and disingenuous. I have over-qualified friends who had the same interview experience and didn't receive an offer for whatever reason. I haven't heard back from them yet after the 1:1 interview but since they are so unprofessional I wouldn't see myself thriving in a culture like the one they promote, regardless.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

The interview is all personality based. Felt like a popularity contest or fraternity/sorority rush. Everyone is young. Work hard, play hard mentality. Everyone in the Atlanta office seemed genuine - can't say for other offices.

I ended up declining because I felt the environment and people were a little shallow, but the company and job overall seemed very promising and a great place to start or continue your career.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process consists of 3 interviews. The first is a phone or casual interview. They basically just want to know that you can hold a conversation and that you are able to lead the conversation. The second is in person interview at the office that is closest to where you currently live. They want to know about yourself and why you want to be a recruiter/account executive. It was about 20 minutes long and very easy going. The final interview is a lunch interview with the manage of the office that you are applying for. Once again, just making sure you are outgoing and can hold conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global (Rosemont, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was structured very well. It was a quick process. The people I interviewed with were very pleasant and informative about the company and the role I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you have encountered?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was good. We thoroughly discussed the rate and how spread works.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

There was a three part interview process. The first for me was on my college campus and was very superficial. The second was on-site, and I had the opportunity to interview with four employees. Most of the questions were similar, but I was able to receive different points of view on the job and the company from each individual employee. The third was a luncheon with two higher up employees. It was important, but relaxed, basically keeping a flowing conversation among a group.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about myself, my interests, my resume, where I see myself going, how motivated I am, and why I wanted to work for the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Insight Global (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Had a great phone interview with them and actually shared some personal connections with the internal recruiter. Went in for an in-person interview and thought it was going to go great but it didn't. The hiring manager didn't seem interested in getting to know me whatsoever and didn't seem to care about being there and just rushed through the interview. Was not a good interview experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

All personality based which I understand why but so unprofessional. I was kept waiting in a conference room alone for 45 min! The second round interview was a breakfast with two sales managers and we basically just chatted the whole time. Simple process, I currently work for the company in a different location. However, I think our interview process needs major improvement and could potentially help our horrible first year retention rates.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do on the weekends?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want sales?   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

Started off with an email requesting an interview then a casual phone interview after there was a follow up with an in person interview. The interview was very relaxed and the environment was young. Asked a few basic questions about me and then transitioned into questions I had about the company and position.

Interview Questions

• Just be prepared with some questions to ask about the company and job.   Answer Question