Insight Global

Getting the Interview

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Insight Global in September 2013.

Interview Details – One telephone interview, one interview in person far from my home (they did not reimburse me for gas cost), and one in the location I desired to work at. Long time periods between interviews. They were very nice, but when it came to for them to release me from the hiring process I received a generic email. They should respect applicants enough to tell them exact reasons and not leave them with the same email they send everyone....

Interview Question – No difficult questions. It was not behavioral based at all.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details – The hiring process went pretty smoothly. 1st set up a call with a Recruiter, then an in-person interview where you talk to about 3-5 people. Finally, a lunch interview with sales managers. The people who work there seem very similar/nice, but every interview you feel like you're being judged on what you look like/everything you talk about.

The lunch interview was the strangest part. I was not asked one question about my resume. Although the lunch was informal, it seemed unprofessional. I understand the point is to see if you can hold a conversation and would be a fit for relationship-based sales, but having not met either of the sales managers before, I felt a little confused as to why I wasn't being asked any questions.

After the lunch interview, I was fully expecting to get an offer, and didn't. I genuinely really loved one of the sales managers, and the other seemed to not like me as much (we just didn't have too much in common), and I think that may be why. If you don't get an offer after lunch, you didn't get the job.

Interview Question – Why sales?   View Answer

Greenwood Village, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a Corporate Recruiter. She talked to me about my background, the position requirements, and if I would be interested in being an Account Manager. I loved the way the job sounded so she brought me in for a face to face interview. I had about two in-person interviews before I was offered the job. Very comfortable interview process.

Interview Question – Being asked how I could excel most in being in a Sales position   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Insight Global in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Question – Give me a sales pitch on why I should hire you   Answer Question

Interviewed at Insight Global

Interview Details – 2 rounds (one in-person, one lunch interview)
Very laid back. Looking for the right person, not qualifications.

Interview Question – What would you do if you were not initially successful here?   Answer Question

Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Insight Global in March 2013.

Interview Details – There are two rounds of interviews, the first is pretty much a conversation with upper management. They will talk with you to make sure that you can hold a conversation and are an ambitious candidate. Next they would invite you to share lunch with the office manager and make sure you can lead conversation even over a meal.

Interview Question – I was asked a few questions about Insight Global and what I liked about the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I said I would like to think about it and then accepted a couple weeks later.

Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global in September 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview was short and simple. Next step was a face to face interview at the office where I met with 3 different people. Apparently they liked what they saw and passed me on to a third and final lunch interview with two executives. After lunch I waited two days and received a call saying that they had a more fitting candidate. Very professional company however I felt as though I was not hired because I didn't fit a certain personality type. They were looking for a candidate who was involved in Greek life and other scholarly clubs. When I told them I had to support myself in college and work as a server every weekend they looked down on me. Also they were very interested in who my friends are and how successful they are.. Seemed a little discriminatory my opinion.

Interview Question – None- basic interview questions. They are really looking to see that you can drive conversation.   View Answer

San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details – There was a phone screening, first interview with a manager and second interview with a senior executive. The recruiter from the phone screen was very helpful and prepared me before each interview and answered any questions that I had. I really enjoyed the first interview I had at the Scottsdale office and fell in love with the company, however I didn't get a good vibe from my final interviewer in San Diego.

Interview Question – Nothing was out of the ordinary or unexpected. Very straightforward questions, i.e. why you would be a good fit, what experiences prepared you for this position, etc.   Answer Question

Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Insight Global in March 2013.

Interview Details – What made my process so enjoyable knowing that one of my sorority sisters has already been hired, had nothing but amazing things to say about the company, so being referred to an amazing company made life so much easier!! From the minute that I met my corporate recruiter on campus, had two personal interviews, I knew that accepting the offer was a no brainer!! I had a handful of friends also interview, didn’t get invited back, so that made me feel even better knowing how picky Insight Global was at hiring!!

Interview Question – Telling my friends about me locking up my career before graduation and seeing how so many of them were being strung around by other companies!!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy process, no hidden processes, very straight forward!!

Interviewed at Insight Global

Interview Details – I applied on Career Builder and was contacted by a corporate recruiter who asked a few questions about my experience and background. She then arranged an in office interview.

Interview Question – Easy interview, very conversational. They don't ask any standard interviewing questions. I've had a couple years of experience and they didn't seem interested in hearing about it. I think they prefer to hire employees fresh out of college.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Insight Global

Worked for Insight Global? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Insight Global Technical Recruiter interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Insight Global employees and interview candidates.