Insight Global Technical Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Interview

I have been given an amazing opportunity with one of the best technical staffing companies in the nation, Insight Global. If you asked me a year ago where I would be today, I would have never guessed here. During the hiring process, I had no idea what to expect, and was very hesitant along the way being I did not know what I was getting in to. With the help from Megan Barker-coaching me with questions, and always being avaliable to calm my nerves, I crushed the interview and landed the best job I could have ever asked for. She was so sweet, attentive, and inviting-there was no way I could have ever passed up the offer or have even gotten the offer without her. I am blessed to be able to call her a collague, and could not be happier with where I am today. THANK YOU, MEGAN!

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

Technical Recruiter Interview

Interview

I applied on Career Builder and was contacted by a corporate recruiter who asked a few questions about my experience and background. She then arranged an in office interview.

Interview Questions

• Easy interview, very conversational. They don't ask any standard interviewing questions. I've had a couple years of experience and they didn't seem interested in hearing about it. I think they prefer to hire employees fresh out of college.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

The initial phone screen with the corporate recruiter is extremely laid back. They basically want to find out more about you to see if you would be a fit for the company culture (young, fun). The corporate recruiter will then either set you up for an in-person interview, or let you know that they will get back to you (which means they won't move forward.) I was prepped extremely well by the recruiter I was in contact with as well as some people that I knew from school that were currently employed there. The next step, which is in the office, is extremely conversational. There aren't many questions that will stump you in regards to your qualifications. They want to see that you can drive a conversation as well as have a desire to get into sales. My advice, just ask questions about each Account managers story, how quickly they were promoted, what accounts they are in charge of selling. Basically you want to flatter them as much as possible.

Interview Questions

• The most crucial part of the interview is driving conversation and letting them know why you are interested in sales (money, competitive)   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Interview

2 rounds (one in-person, one lunch interview) Very laid back. Looking for the right person, not qualifications.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were not initially successful here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

Step One: Phone interview with internal corporate recruiter - just be energetic Step two: In-Person Interview - 1:1 with 3 different people Step three- Lunch with 2 people (Director and Sales Manager) - they are trying to assess how well you can carry a convo and entertain during lunch meetings Interview process is so easy. They are looking for the following: Motivation, energy, communication and interpersonal skills. And if you dress well, in a sorority or frat, and is pretty/handsome... the chances of you getting the job increases by 80%. DO NOT act timid or shy... you will not be the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Compensation is non-negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Insight Global (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Had a great phone interview with them and actually shared some personal connections with the internal recruiter. Went in for an in-person interview and thought it was going to go great but it didn't. The hiring manager didn't seem interested in getting to know me whatsoever and didn't seem to care about being there and just rushed through the interview. Was not a good interview experience.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

The interview is all personality based. Felt like a popularity contest or fraternity/sorority rush. Everyone is young. Work hard, play hard mentality. Everyone in the Atlanta office seemed genuine - can't say for other offices. I ended up declining because I felt the environment and people were a little shallow, but the company and job overall seemed very promising and a great place to start or continue your career.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

All personality based which I understand why but so unprofessional. I was kept waiting in a conference room alone for 45 min! The second round interview was a breakfast with two sales managers and we basically just chatted the whole time. Simple process, I currently work for the company in a different location. However, I think our interview process needs major improvement and could potentially help our horrible first year retention rates.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do on the weekends?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want sales?   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Insight Global in April 2015.

Interview

They called me after finding my resume on career builder and had a brief phone screening before asking me to come in for an office interview. At the office interview I waited 15 minutes in a small hot room for the recruiter to come in and talk to me. When we talked it was a little too casual and I felt like I was going through sorority recruitment all over again. Overall it was very unprofessional and it felt rushed and disingenuous. I have over-qualified friends who had the same interview experience and didn't receive an offer for whatever reason. I haven't heard back from them yet after the 1:1 interview but since they are so unprofessional I wouldn't see myself thriving in a culture like the one they promote, regardless.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

I interviewed with one of the on-campus recruiters. It was very relaxed and easy, like having a conversation. After the interview, I sent a follow-up email to the recruiter. After two weeks of not hearing back from them, I sent another email. No one ever got back to me, which I find extremely immature and goes to show how their company really is.