Insight Global Technical Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.4

Technical Recruiter Interview

Interview

I applied on Career Builder and was contacted by a corporate recruiter who asked a few questions about my experience and background. She then arranged an in office interview.

Interview Questions

• Easy interview, very conversational. They don't ask any standard interviewing questions. I've had a couple years of experience and they didn't seem interested in hearing about it. I think they prefer to hire employees fresh out of college.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

Technical Recruiter Interview

Interview

2 rounds (one in-person, one lunch interview)
    Very laid back. Looking for the right person, not qualifications.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were not initially successful here?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

The initial phone screen with the corporate recruiter is extremely laid back. They basically want to find out more about you to see if you would be a fit for the company culture (young, fun). The corporate recruiter will then either set you up for an in-person interview, or let you know that they will get back to you (which means they won't move forward.) I was prepped extremely well by the recruiter I was in contact with as well as some people that I knew from school that were currently employed there.
    The next step, which is in the office, is extremely conversational. There aren't many questions that will stump you in regards to your qualifications. They want to see that you can drive a conversation as well as have a desire to get into sales. My advice, just ask questions about each Account managers story, how quickly they were promoted, what accounts they are in charge of selling. Basically you want to flatter them as much as possible.

Interview Questions

• The most crucial part of the interview is driving conversation and letting them know why you are interested in sales (money, competitive)   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

I interviewed with one of the on-campus recruiters. It was very relaxed and easy, like having a conversation. After the interview, I sent a follow-up email to the recruiter. After two weeks of not hearing back from them, I sent another email. No one ever got back to me, which I find extremely immature and goes to show how their company really is.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Insight Global (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Had a great phone interview with them and actually shared some personal connections with the internal recruiter. Went in for an in-person interview and thought it was going to go great but it didn't. The hiring manager didn't seem interested in getting to know me whatsoever and didn't seem to care about being there and just rushed through the interview. Was not a good interview experience.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Insight Global in February 2011.

Interview

Went for an interview that I got through my school's career website. The interviewer didn't care about what you had to say, had too much pride about the company, told you you would get a second interview....then wrote you an e-mail saying you wouldn't. Terrible recruitment strategy.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview

The interview is all personality based. Felt like a popularity contest or fraternity/sorority rush. Everyone is young. Work hard, play hard mentality. Everyone in the Atlanta office seemed genuine - can't say for other offices.

I ended up declining because I felt the environment and people were a little shallow, but the company and job overall seemed very promising and a great place to start or continue your career.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Insight Global in April 2015.

Interview

They called me after finding my resume on career builder and had a brief phone screening before asking me to come in for an office interview. At the office interview I waited 15 minutes in a small hot room for the recruiter to come in and talk to me. When we talked it was a little too casual and I felt like I was going through sorority recruitment all over again. Overall it was very unprofessional and it felt rushed and disingenuous. I have over-qualified friends who had the same interview experience and didn't receive an offer for whatever reason. I haven't heard back from them yet after the 1:1 interview but since they are so unprofessional I wouldn't see myself thriving in a culture like the one they promote, regardless.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Insight Global (Charlotte, NC) in October 2010.

Interview

Only went through first round of interview so far. Will go through second phase next week.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you failed and could have done better?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global (Denver, CO) in September 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who saw my resume on CareerBuilder.com. We set up a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview was short and sweet and mostly consisted of the interviewer describing the position. I went into the office about a week or so later and was greeted by a very perky and friendly girl in the lobby. She lead me into a meeting room and we talked about her job as an Account Executive. She explained how she basically runs arouns town all day meeting with companies to try to maintain relationships. She asked me two or three serious questions (e.g. Why do you want to work in sales?), but other than that we mostly got to know each other. Then a Sales Executive came in and we had a similar conversation, but it felt like she just wanted me to ask questions about the job, which the previous girl had explained in detail. I left feeling confident because both employees were very easy to talk to and seemed interested in me. A week later I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in sales?   1 Answer