Insight

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

2.6

Contracts Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight in May 2014.

I was connected with a recruiter about a week later after I applied online and was scheduled to interview the following week with a few of the team members. The recruiter called me a couple of days after I applied and asked questions about myself and my experience. I initially applied for another position but was recommended this by the recruiter, based off of my work and school experience. The interview was delayed about 30 minutes due to the lack of communication between the recruiter and the hiring manager (I believe the recruiter was out of town and didn't tell the hiring manager I'd be in for an interview at the specific time I was scheduled?) although I checked-in with the front desk. So, I was in the waiting room for a while and I knew the hiring manager from the beginning was irritated, which I am sure set the tone for the entire interview. The interview itself was okay, I was asked a series of typical questions relating to various work scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle or respond to stress in the work environment, given the responsibilities of this position? Are you able to maintain multiple projects with strict deadlines? Provide an example from your previous/current position.   Answer Question

Pre Sales Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Insight.

The hiring process at Insight was very typical big corporate, with multiple interviews, automated systems, and in person interviews with the sales and engineering team.

It was very easy, especially in a remote office. I stated the salary I wanted and the granted it.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Insight in February 2014.

Process was very slow and not detailed. I spoke to the recruiter on the phone (which was fairly normal - nothing really outstanding or horrible) and had a "technical" phone screen with what I can only assume was a junior engineer. The time between interviews was pretty long with no real reason as to why.

Interview Questions

I did not feel that I would be challenged.

Front Desk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight in January 2014.

whole hiring process took about 2 weeks to complete. The actual interview process was done with 2 people the location manager and the supervisor. both where very friendly, they asked a lot of questions regarding my experience and how can contribute that to the work place. Over all it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    I was mostly interested in just obtaining the job than the actual wage. They insisted I name my price and I said 11-11..50 and I was offered 12.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Insight.

Was referenced by an employee and was contacted by an Insight recruiter. Phone based interview was pretty standard with questions about background and selling points of Insight. Follow up interview was with an Operations Manager with a deeper dive on previous interview questions. More focused on personality and interaction with internal support resources. Next step was face to face interview with hiring manager with questions focusing on segment experience and technical background. Final interview was with VP but more of a formality since hiring manager ultimately extended the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in particular. Pretty standard questions for an IT sales position.   Answer Question
    Negotiated salary to a certain degree. Salaries vary depending on position and level of experience.

Sales Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Insight.

I RESPONDED TO A JOB FAIR, INTERVIEWED WITH THE DEPARTMENT DIRECTOR, THE HR PERSON AND THE ASSIGNED SUPERVISOR. I LATER TRANSFERRED TO THE INBOUND SALES TEAM. I served under ten different SUPERVISORS during MY NINE YEAR PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT. I really do not know about the new interview process as it now exists I am certain that it is now much different than it was in the good old days as it was when I joined the firm. INSIGHT DIRECT USA is a fine company. I made a critical mistake that was the proximate cause of my dismissal and have only myself to blame. I have asked INSIGHT DIRECT USA to allow me to return to the firm and was told that I would not be allowed to return to my former employment.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Insight.

Applied online, phone screen with recruiter, on site interview with manager and two directors, follow-up interview with hiring manager. Unfortunately, the orignal hiring manager resigned during my interview process but the new hiring manager made me feel at ease with the process and was friendly and easy to talk with.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deliver excellent customer service when you did not have all the information you needed available to you.   Answer Question
    Hiring manager clued me in that asking for more vacation was common place so I did and recieved additional days. First salary offer was $1K over where I asked so I was happy.

Account Executive Interview

Was recruited based on job history and was advised of extraordinary growth potential but just didn't turn out to be that

Interview Questions
    • Wheter or not this job would be good for stability in role for years to come   Answer Question
    Easy paper work

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Insight.

A couple of interviews, first with HR, then with department managers. Was pretty easy to get into. No drug testing or background check was run.

Very simple to get employed at Insight. As far as salary, they said they hired me at $36k per year, come to find out that wasn't the case, it was lower than that, I realized after I started getting paid and they didn't budge on it. Of course, it's pretty hard to convince them that they promised you more after you've quit your last job and taken full employment at Insight. They've kind of got you at that point, don't they?

Service Center Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Insight.

Recruiter will contact you to set up a phone interview. Once you have the phone interview you are then selected for a face-to-face interview. The whole process took about 3 weeks. They try to get you to losen up at the beginning of the interview, but do not let that fool you. Stay professional even though they may seem laid back.