Insight

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sonographer Interview

Sonographer
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Insight in October 2011.

Interview Details – I initially got the interview at insight only because I called the manager of the center nearly everyday until she gave me HR's number. I then called HR until they gave me an interview. I interviewed with the office manager and the Division Manager. They are BIG on appearance and attitude. They asked general questions about my training and experience in which you should be as detailed as possible. They then asked patient-tech scenarios and how you would handle certain situations. They also was to make sure you are reliable so show up early. The best advice I can give is to look good, smile and use common-sense when answering interview questions. Example interview question: How would you handle a patient who is very upset because they have been waiting to be seen for an hour? Answer: Sincerely apologize, do not give an excuse, remind the patient that you are going to spend as much time as needed with them to ensure they receive an adequate exam. This reminds the patient that you may be running late because you are thorough. If the patient continues to complain; continue to apologize. If your apologies are not enough have a manager come and talk to the patient. Like I said use your common sense, be polite and come off approachable and competent.

Interview Question – What would be a reason you would consider quitting this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I gave them a hourly rate that I felt comfortable with and they countered with a higher hourly rate which I accepted.

Worked for Insight? Contribute to the Community!