Insightly

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Insightly.

Interview Details – I had one phone screen and one on-site interview. The phone screen was conducted by the Director of Engineering. It was typical behavioral and resume questions and some C# .Net questions. The on site was again with the Director of Engineering and two of their software engineers.

Interview Question – Why should you use StringBuilder instead of a + " " + b + ... What is the difference between clustered and non-clustered index. Write a function to spell out a number e.g. 1,255 => one thousand two hundred fifty five   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Front End Developer Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Insightly in January 2013.

Interview Details – Total process time 2 days.
I found out about the opportunity from indeed, I applied over the weekend and someone emailed me Monday morning asking if I will have any time to chat this afternoon, we agreed to talk at 4.00pm.

4:00pm: It was an technical interview (I was not told that it will be technical interview). The cellphone network connection was terribly bad, he asked me senior level questions about html/css/javascript. Lasted for about an hour.

5.30pm: I sent him Thank you email, immediately he asks if I am available at 8.30am next day. I agreed for 2-3 hours on site interview.

Next Day at 8.30am: 2 interview for 1 hours each. One on algorithm and data modeling. Second on Javascript. All senior/Architect level questions. It seemed both the interviewers had 'I am not going to hire you' expression right from the beginning.

12pm: I sent the Thank you email, immediately got the rejection.

Interview Question – Advanced data-modeling questions ( utilize .NET libraries as much as possible)
JavaScript OO, Advanced JQuery (answer accurately), CSS questions.
  Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Insightly? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Insightly interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Insightly employees and interview candidates.