Insperity

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.7

Instructional Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Insperity in November 2014.

Screened by phone and then given tests to measure aptitude and personality. I had two in-person interviews and was asked to provide work samples. Everyone was very kind and welcoming and I felt very comfortable with the interviewers. I am, naturally, pleased they offered me a position, but I would rate the experience as positive either way.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like and not like about your current role?   Answer Question

Digital Communications Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Insperity.

I got a phone interview a month or so after applying. It seemed like it went really well and the recruiter seemed really excited to get me into an in-person interview because he thought I would be a great fit. He said to follow up if I hadn't heard by X date. Well, I didn't hear, so I sent a follow up/thank you email. Nothing. I sent one more follow up. NOTHING. I would have been fine with it if he had just sent a reply like "I'm so sorry, they filled the position," or "They have decided to go in another direction," but the complete non-response after such enthusiasm was bizarre and rude.

Insperity Response

Nov 6, 2014Managing Director, Recruiting Services

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate our interview and hiring process. We are disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience with one of our recruiters.

We strive to create a
    ... More

Performance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingwood, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Insperity.

Lengthy interview process - really really helps if you know someone or are related to a co-worker
    Behavioral based interview questions, Star AR, some recruiters are not very good, they don't seem to be able to track applicants very well

Want the Job @ $55k?

Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingwood, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Insperity.

The interview was easy. Basic technical questions, how would you handle certain situations, etc. I was asked to submit my most recent W2 and was then denied a couple weeks later

Interview Questions
    • I thought I was going to get the job when I was asked to submit a W2, it was a disappoint to find out otherwise.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Insperity in September 2014.

Was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. Next step was a phone call with the recruiter where we reviewed my background (LinkedIn profile) and she explained the position, compensation, and company. Interviewed in person with the district manager - this was a standard interview. 2nd in person interview was with the regional manager - this was a more informal, conversational interview focusing more on the company culture and whether or not I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • "Role play as if you were going to sell me x."   View Answer
    No negotiation. Salary and commission structure is set for the position.

Business Performance Advisor Interview

3-4 interviews. The interview was straight forward. I had 4 interviews. One was a phone interview with a recruiter. Two interviews were with the district manager and one was with the regional manager.

Not able to negotiate

Business Performance Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Insperity.

Started with a phone interview with internal recruiter. It was more of her selling me on why I should work for Insperity. Next was F2F interview with District and then Regional Sales Manager. Both were surprisingly easy interviews considering that it is a "$200k+" sales job. Next I had to go thru a very detailed background check that took a very long time but no drug test which I thought was very odd.

Interview Questions
    • How much time do you spend prospecting? Cold calling, email blasting, networking, etc.   View Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Insperity.

I was called by a recruiter and I went in for a face to face interview with one of the managers. The interview itself was very pleasant and there was nothing difficult about it. Questions regarding personality and situations were asked. I was then told that I would hear by Friday (interview was on Wednesday), whether I got the position or not. I had emailed the interviewer a thank you note. I didn't hear anything for over 3 weeks. Then I get called again for a second interview. Will be meeting later this week.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Asked about a difficult situation and how I would sell the company product to a potential client.   Answer Question

Business Performance Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Insperity.

The recruiters were awesome, but the hiring manager was a different story. If you have a candidate in mind that you want to hire why waste your time with interviewing? When I stepped in the door, he wasn't at all nice. I have never been in an interview that was so unprofessional. Based on the personality profile, I was told that relationship building (my strength) in this position is frowned upon. I was expected to drive customers to the breaking point. In other words to the point of throwing me out. I was also told that after we get the clients money, we can start to build a relationship at that point. At this point I was scratching my head. He went on to talk about how he needed to get rid of some of his existing employees. He said that he was on the fence with hiring me. What really threw me off was marketing expectations. Pulling business cards and then coming back to the office to set appointments are marketing styles of the 80's. In addition, he expected the person hired to split bonuses with a senior person for a year and a half. Asking about corporate leads seemed to be a bad question. After a few questions I decided in my mind that this wasn't worth it and took every opportunity to shorten the interview.If this is a sample size of the company, they have issues. Being in one of the largest markets in the nation it was a very bad representation of the company. Now I understand why Insperity decided not to internally promote district managers and to create training programs for outsourced talent.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you were asked to leave an account that could have physically led to an altercation.   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Insperity in April 2014.

This was an onsite interview.Previously, I was selected in phone interview. I was interviewed by two persons.Most of the questions are behavioural and based on my previous experiences.Many questions were also asked about the resume and the courses I have taken.They are also more concerned about the team involvement skills as they use agile software methodology in their company

They have asked me to show the demo of the projects either from coursework or out of own interest to assess my programming skills.

Interview Questions
    • What is the proof that you only have written this code??   Answer Question