Insperity Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Insperity (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got a call within a week for a phone interview. I was well prepared and the recruiter seemed pleased with my answers. Then the interview abruptly ended when I said that I had not had a six-figure paying job in the past? I don't know what skills they think that means that I lack but I think there might be questions you can ask someone to determine if they have those skills. I just happen to be someone who has been in a position financially to take positions that interest me instead of always having to chase that next dollar. I thought that aligned with the corporate culture as it was laid out in their website so this was quite shocking. It also contradicts the pay levels reported for this position on Glassdoor.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Insperity.

Interview

I interviewed on the phone with a recruiter and then two in person with supervisor and team that I would be working with which provided a good idea of the team dynamic

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing about yourself that you would like to improve in working with Insperity?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Go in with your honest requirements for salary from the beginning.

Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Insperity (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The worst interview process. Canceled twice with no notice or word or apology. The recruiter totally flaked and made up excuses after I called. She never said she'd be late, or had to reschedule. Just totally flaked. This is a bad business.

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Insperity in November 2014.

Interview

Screened by phone and then given tests to measure aptitude and personality. I had two in-person interviews and was asked to provide work samples. Everyone was very kind and welcoming and I felt very comfortable with the interviewers. I am, naturally, pleased they offered me a position, but I would rate the experience as positive either way.

Interview Questions

• What do you like and not like about your current role?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Insperity.

Interview

I got a phone interview a month or so after applying. It seemed like it went really well and the recruiter seemed really excited to get me into an in-person interview because he thought I would be a great fit. He said to follow up if I hadn't heard by X date. Well, I didn't hear, so I sent a follow up/thank you email. Nothing. I sent one more follow up. NOTHING. I would have been fine with it if he had just sent a reply like "I'm so sorry, they filled the position," or "They have decided to go in another direction," but the complete non-response after such enthusiasm was bizarre and rude.

Interview Questions

Insperity Response

Nov 6, 2014Managing Director, Recruiting Services

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate our interview and hiring process. We are disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience with one of our recruiters.

We strive to create a
    ... More

Performance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingwood, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Insperity (Kingwood, TX).

Interview

Lengthy interview process - really really helps if you know someone or are related to a co-worker
    Behavioral based interview questions, Star AR, some recruiters are not very good, they don't seem to be able to track applicants very well

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Want the Job @ $55k?

Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingwood, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Insperity (Kingwood, TX).

Interview

The interview was easy. Basic technical questions, how would you handle certain situations, etc. I was asked to submit my most recent W2 and was then denied a couple weeks later

Interview Questions

• I thought I was going to get the job when I was asked to submit a W2, it was a disappoint to find out otherwise.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Insperity (McLean, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. Next step was a phone call with the recruiter where we reviewed my background (LinkedIn profile) and she explained the position, compensation, and company. Interviewed in person with the district manager - this was a standard interview. 2nd in person interview was with the regional manager - this was a more informal, conversational interview focusing more on the company culture and whether or not I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• "Role play as if you were going to sell me x."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary and commission structure is set for the position.

Business Performance Advisor Interview

Interview

3-4 interviews. The interview was straight forward. I had 4 interviews. One was a phone interview with a recruiter. Two interviews were with the district manager and one was with the regional manager.

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Business Performance Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Insperity.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with internal recruiter. It was more of her selling me on why I should work for Insperity. Next was F2F interview with District and then Regional Sales Manager. Both were surprisingly easy interviews considering that it is a "$200k+" sales job. Next I had to go thru a very detailed background check that took a very long time but no drug test which I thought was very odd.

Interview Questions

• How much time do you spend prospecting? Cold calling, email blasting, networking, etc.   1 Answer