Insphere Insurance

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Agent Interview

Austin, TX

I interviewed at Insphere Insurance in November 2013.

Interview Details – I attended a job fair at which an Insphere Representative was present. Did not even want to talk with them as I was not interested in sales but the rep called me over and we proceeded to have an interesting conversation, which I captured below.

Interview Question – The most unexpected - and telling - statements that came out of the rep's mouth were: "any job is better than no job" and then, when talking about the required exam that one needed to pass, she mentioned that the company would provide you with the study guide but that you needed to pay the fee for the exam, which, she said was good because "otherwise you guys wouldn't show up."   View Answer

Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Insphere Insurance in October 2013.

Interview Details – I received an email from a company recruiter asking me to interview. It was a group presentation (sales pitch) then one-on-one interview with the regional manager. The regional manager gives you materials on the health insurance plans you would pitch. You have to pay for background checks and state examination fees.

Interview Question – Not of the questions were hard, but you are asked if you will give a minimum five ear commitment before offering the job.   Answer Question

Cromwell, CT

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Insphere Insurance in January 2012.

Interview Details – BE CAUTIOUS. You show up to your interview on time. They make you wait 15 minutes and bring you in with a group other other interviewees. They show you a video and paint a rosey picture. They tell you that it's 100% commission and that you'll make big bucks, their top agents make six figures, etc. If you're interested, they bring you into an office for a 1 on 1 for more details. What they don't tell you is that the health insurance arena right now is in turmoil and you'll most likely fail. Everything that you make is an ADVANCE, meaning that they pay you in advance for your business written. If your customers drop off the plan or you decide to get a real job, you'll owe the money back, which could be $5k-$10k.

Interview Question – Are you interested in making six figures?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. You're straight commission.

Sales Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Insphere Insurance.

Interview Details – Walk in and you are hired. Seriously, everyone gets a job. Don't think anyone gets turned away

Interview Question – Are you breathing? Yes! Congratulations   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – aLL CONMMISSION

Sales Associate Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Insphere Insurance in June 2012.

Interview Details – Sit down interview, all you have to do to get the job is to say you're outgoing/want to make lots of money/not afraid to cold call/can sit in a hamster cage.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Insurance Broker Interview

Gulfport, MS

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Insphere Insurance in February 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted by email. They had seen my resume online. I went in and with a few more prospective agents, listened to an overview of the company. We then had face to face interview if we were interested in employment.

Interview Question – To be honest, there wasn't any that I recall.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The position offered was 100% commission and I had done that before so I was okay with it. Also, the commission pay rates were generous with the ability to increase your commission rate/pay by meeting projected goals set by company. This was done and I have already moved up the commission schedule.

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Santa Ana, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Insphere Insurance in July 2012.

Interview Details – Initially, brought into a room with other applicants to review the company's information - an informational introduction. Then, I was taken to meet a gentleman, I forget his name, but a supervisor. After a long discussion on what I know about insurance (life, etc.), he kept agreeing with my nods and saying God Bless You (because of knowledge of insurance).
After that interview, I was brought over to meet the Very young supervisor that I would be working under. This gentleman was fairly new with the company, but already promoted and ready to have underlings working for him on a "team" After that I was offered the position.

Interview Question – I cannot recall any difficult or unexpected question.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I decided it was not for me, selling insurance.

Independent Insurance Agent Interview

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Insphere Insurance in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted after someone at Insphere found my resume online. I went to first seminar and was totally impressed by what I heard. Then you see one of the managers, answer a few easy questions..get contracted. Very easy process

Interview Question – There were none. I think every person they interview gets contracted. So if you are just looking to get contracted...Insphere is the place to do it.   View Answer

Encino, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Insphere Insurance in February 2012.

Interview Details – Quick to hire (needed as many bodies as possible)

Negotiation Details – Review the company online first and don't take the job offer right away (compare to other companies first).

Health Insurance Interview

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Insphere Insurance in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was offered a "career"inmediately, it seemed that they would accept anyone. I had my life and health insurance licence so it was a clear match, I did accept the job but had to go thru lots of unpaid training for almost a month to be able to sell, when I was ready I was broke and unble to buy leads so I left.

Interview Question – basically: do you want to sell insurance?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Insphere Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Insphere Insurance interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Insphere Insurance employees and interview candidates.