Institute for Healthcare Improvement

Updated Nov 17, 2014

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Institute for Healthcare Improvement

Staff Accountant - Accounts Payable Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Institute for Healthcare Improvement in October 2014.

I applied for the Staff Accountant position about 1 month ago. Received an email from HR asking me to come in for an interview. Met with HR member, the Sr Accountant and the Controller. Very pleasant and personable people. It was a very enjoyable and exciting interview. I didn't think I would make the cut, but a week later, I received an email asking me to come in for a second interview, which is this week.

Interview Questions
    • The HR representative asked me where I saw myself in 15 years. To be honest, that is not even a thought in my mind, but gave the answer, I would give for "Where do I see myself in 10 years?"   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Institute for Healthcare Improvement in September 2014.

Phone interview with what I thought would be one person (as is the norm) instead I was surprised to be put on speaker phone with multiple people. Not only was it strange but not productive as I could barely hear them as there was background noise and constant interrupting. It reminded me of why I left the non-profit world in the first place. Sometimes their processes can be off and they really don't think things through. In corporate it is common sense: Phone interviews are preliminary screenings; Group interviews are reserved for in-person. By the end of it I knew it was not a place I wanted to work.

Project Coordinator Interview

Two rounds of interviews with about 6 individuals total. They are very thorough.

Administration Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Institute for Healthcare Improvement in February 2010.

Met with 4 employees in a group interview setting, then the head of the department as well as other senior staff members. They structured it so it went from formal 1:1 with senior heads to a more informal group chat with the younger members. They were all very friendly and asked basic questions, and about myself, how I would handle difficult situations etc.

Interview Questions
    • If you get important tasks from various departments at the same time, how will you handle this conflict?   Answer Question