Instron Interview Questions & Reviews

4.5

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Instron.

I went through several interviews and an exam (when they could do that). One of the interviews was to directly review each question of the exam which I thought was meaningful because it was clear to me that there was interest in hiring the right people.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult questions were the practical technical or situational questions where the interviewer asked technical questions in a customer context and I was already nervous about "me" questions. However, they were also attentive to the fact that I was nervous so it certainly wasn't brutal.   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was not really difficult. They made an offer and i responded with only a couple of additional want/needs and we came to a compromised agreement. It was overall a good experience.

Field Service Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Instron in March 2011.

Unfortunate waste of time.

2 phone interviews, 7 in person interviews. Wasted 2 months of my time. Mind you, the job is STILL open from over 5 months. All the field service jobs are. Strong resume and background, heavy customer service. ONE person did not like me (out of 8, you do the math) and you are not given the job.

The way of doing Google interviewing is over. Simply put, how in the world do a bunch of suits in corporate assess that a service engineer (that is in the field and they are not) would not do a good job.

Boggles my mind. Would pass with Instron.

Interview Questions
    • They were the usual interview questions.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Instron

Worked for Instron? Contribute to the Community!