Insurance Services Office

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Insurance Services Office in October 2013.

Interview Details – First: 2 writing sample in 30 minutes and after that talking with hr.
Second: Two group interviews with managers and seniors.

Actuarial Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Insurance Services Office in May 2013.

Interview Details – An actuary I know that works there passed my resume to the appropriate people, and I was immediately contacted about openings that might fit what I am looking for. I was brought in for an interview within 3 days(on a Thursday). At that interview I met with an HR representative for about 45 minutes, after first completing two writing samples on insurance related topics.
The following Monday I was contacted that a second interview was desired. The nest day I went back and met with two groups of people, each for about 45 minutes. Group one was the senior managers of the three areas with openings. Group two was two more junior managers.
Now, 3 weeks later, I just was informed they are looking elsewhere.

Interview Question – Why is war an exemption from homeowner insurance policies?   Answer Question

Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insurance Services Office in March 2012.

Interview Details – Went for initial interview with HR. Was asked some general questions and was also required to write two sample essays about insurance topics. They gave a pencil and some paper and said go. Not too hard just hurt my hand writing so much. Got called back for actuarial interview and met with two groups of people. About 3 ppl per group. Nothing out of the ordinary about the interview. Standard questions.

Interview Question – Write two essays on insurance topic.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Jersey City, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Insurance Services Office in May 2010.

Interview Details – GRE like question and behavior question

Interview Question – What is your favorite college course?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Insurance Services Office

Interview Details – I applied online, and was contacted very quickly, within a few days, by the ISO HR representative. We scheduled a time for a video-chat interview the next week, in which I was asked the standard HR type questions (What's your biggest strength? Do you like working in groups or individually?). After this preliminary interview, I was contacted within the week and was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview. At the face-to-face, I was asked to fill in some writing samples, with general insurance questions, and then was interviewed for one hour, by 3 senior actuaries, followed by 2 mid-level employees afterward.

Interview Question – Why is P&C insurance so interesting to you?
If you were standing next to the Empire State Building, how would you determine how tall it is?
  Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at Insurance Services Office in October 2012.

Interview Details – Seems like a relatively basic interviewing process. Sent in my resume and CL, and within a week got a call back for an interview. The interview process included taking two writing "tests" where they gave you something to read and ask you to write something about the reading. The interview itself was a regular behavioral interview.

Interview Question – What is the differences between the actuarial fields and what do you prefer?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Insurance Services Office in April 2012.

Interview Details – general questions. two writing sample. A lot of questions shch as: why you are interested in this position, this company, how do you learn about actuary? The HR said they prefer team worker. The HR is nice but speak speed is quick, a little hard to follow. At the end of the interview they will give you introduction material, so no need to ask about their study program,

Interview Question – how do you learn about actuary.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Insurance Services Office

Worked for Insurance Services Office? Contribute to the Community!