Insurance Services Office

Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Insurance Services Office in November 2013.

Online application, phone interview, then in-person. What I would considered a standard interviewing process. No trick questions but you were given two writing assignments to be done in-person. Met with two department heads and then other actuarial students.

Interview Questions
  • The two writing assignment prompts. You will discuss your answers with the interviewers.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Insurance Services Office

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Insurance Services Office in October 2013.

First: 2 writing sample in 30 minutes and after that talking with hr.
    Second: Two group interviews with managers and seniors.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Insurance Services Office in May 2013.

An actuary I know that works there passed my resume to the appropriate people, and I was immediately contacted about openings that might fit what I am looking for. I was brought in for an interview within 3 days(on a Thursday). At that interview I met with an HR representative for about 45 minutes, after first completing two writing samples on insurance related topics.
    The following Monday I was contacted that a second interview was desired. The nest day I went back and met with two groups of people, each for about 45 minutes. Group one was the senior managers of the three areas with openings. Group two was two more junior managers.
    Now, 3 weeks later, I just was informed they are looking elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • Why is war an exemption from homeowner insurance policies?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insurance Services Office in March 2012.

Went for initial interview with HR. Was asked some general questions and was also required to write two sample essays about insurance topics. They gave a pencil and some paper and said go. Not too hard just hurt my hand writing so much. Got called back for actuarial interview and met with two groups of people. About 3 ppl per group. Nothing out of the ordinary about the interview. Standard questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Insurance Services Office in May 2010.

GRE like question and behavior question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied online, and was contacted very quickly, within a few days, by the ISO HR representative. We scheduled a time for a video-chat interview the next week, in which I was asked the standard HR type questions (What's your biggest strength? Do you like working in groups or individually?). After this preliminary interview, I was contacted within the week and was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview. At the face-to-face, I was asked to fill in some writing samples, with general insurance questions, and then was interviewed for one hour, by 3 senior actuaries, followed by 2 mid-level employees afterward.

Interview Questions
    • Why is P&C insurance so interesting to you?
      If you were standing next to the Empire State Building, how would you determine how tall it is?

Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Insurance Services Office in October 2012.

Seems like a relatively basic interviewing process. Sent in my resume and CL, and within a week got a call back for an interview. The interview process included taking two writing "tests" where they gave you something to read and ask you to write something about the reading. The interview itself was a regular behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is the differences between the actuarial fields and what do you prefer?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Insurance Services Office in April 2012.

general questions. two writing sample. A lot of questions shch as: why you are interested in this position, this company, how do you learn about actuary? The HR said they prefer team worker. The HR is nice but speak speed is quick, a little hard to follow. At the end of the interview they will give you introduction material, so no need to ask about their study program,