Insurance Services Office Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.8

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

First was a HR phone screening, although my screening was done in-person, which was followed by a basic writing prompt (to check ability to write and explain something clearly). Brought in a second time a couple days later for in-person interviews with 4-6 people split into 2-3 groups, with people from areas with open positions

Interview Questions

• - Go over resume - If someone asked you what an actuary is, what would you tell them? - Why do you want to be an actuary? - Tell me about a time you had to work with someone difficult - If you don't know the answer to something, what do you do? - General behavioral questions   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office in November 2013.

Interview

Online application, phone interview, then in-person. What I would considered a standard interviewing process. No trick questions but you were given two writing assignments to be done in-person. Met with two department heads and then other actuarial students.

Interview Questions

• The two writing assignment prompts. You will discuss your answers with the interviewers.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearl River, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Pearl River, NY).

Interview

HR was professional and informative. The manager interviewed me and we discussed my work history and the company. I then met with one of the team members to discuss the role I was interviewing for in more detail.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

What I asked for was more than they typically offered. However, in considering my experience they met my request.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

First: 2 writing sample in 30 minutes and after that talking with hr. Second: Two group interviews with managers and seniors.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office in May 2013.

Interview

An actuary I know that works there passed my resume to the appropriate people, and I was immediately contacted about openings that might fit what I am looking for. I was brought in for an interview within 3 days(on a Thursday). At that interview I met with an HR representative for about 45 minutes, after first completing two writing samples on insurance related topics. The following Monday I was contacted that a second interview was desired. The nest day I went back and met with two groups of people, each for about 45 minutes. Group one was the senior managers of the three areas with openings. Group two was two more junior managers. Now, 3 weeks later, I just was informed they are looking elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Why is war an exemption from homeowner insurance policies?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office in December 2012.

Interview

Two interviewer for on campus interview. Asked why I'd like to be an actuary and what is actuary in my eye and some other general questions. For the final interviews, first is written test, then meet three senior directors and then meet with two managers. They are friendly. However their are not efficient and never reply your email.

Senior Agile Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2012.

Interview

Initially contacted by a Specialist in Human Resource. I sent my resume, asked a few questions, and she arranged the next step. I was told to expect a call at 3:30 from the team. The interview would be with 3-4 PROJECT managers. Interview was via teleconference with two men that did not share their names, functions or levels within the organization.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to tell about a typical day at my recent client engagement. The work at my recent client engagement did not correlate to the role I was interviewing for. Unfortunately he continued to focus on the role, instead of asking questions about my previous engagement which was similar to the role with his organization. Unexpected Questions: Please explain, "What is a Sprint Planning Meeting"? Please explain "Planning Poker".   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office in August 2012.

Interview

great human resources dept very knowledgable when it comes to questions and infoo about the company

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, Burlington, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jacksonville, Burlington, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

Interview was extremely focused and specific, asked me if I had any programming skills, the answer was negative , so I was not offered the position

Interview Questions

• Do you have programming Skills?   1 Answer
    • When did you learn object oriented programming?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

Went for initial interview with HR. Was asked some general questions and was also required to write two sample essays about insurance topics. They gave a pencil and some paper and said go. Not too hard just hurt my hand writing so much. Got called back for actuarial interview and met with two groups of people. About 3 ppl per group. Nothing out of the ordinary about the interview. Standard questions.