Insurance Services Office Interview Questions & Reviews

31 interviews

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Insurance Services Office in October 2013.

First: 2 writing sample in 30 minutes and after that talking with hr.
    Second: Two group interviews with managers and seniors.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pearl River, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl River, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Insurance Services Office.

HR was professional and informative. The manager interviewed me and we discussed my work history and the company. I then met with one of the team members to discuss the role I was interviewing for in more detail.

Interview Questions
    What I asked for was more than they typically offered. However, in considering my experience they met my request.

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insurance Services Office in August 2012.

great human resources dept very knowledgable when it comes to questions and infoo about the company

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Insurance Services Office in May 2013.

An actuary I know that works there passed my resume to the appropriate people, and I was immediately contacted about openings that might fit what I am looking for. I was brought in for an interview within 3 days(on a Thursday). At that interview I met with an HR representative for about 45 minutes, after first completing two writing samples on insurance related topics.
    The following Monday I was contacted that a second interview was desired. The nest day I went back and met with two groups of people, each for about 45 minutes. Group one was the senior managers of the three areas with openings. Group two was two more junior managers.
    Now, 3 weeks later, I just was informed they are looking elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • Why is war an exemption from homeowner insurance policies?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insurance Services Office in December 2012.

Two interviewer for on campus interview. Asked why I'd like to be an actuary and what is actuary in my eye and some other general questions. For the final interviews, first is written test, then meet three senior directors and then meet with two managers. They are friendly. However their are not efficient and never reply your email.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Insurance Services Office in March 2009.

Panel interview, followed with interview with hiring manager and HR. Technical and behavioral.

Interview Questions
    They offered the position that i was looking for.

Senior Agile Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Insurance Services Office in August 2012.

Initially contacted by a Specialist in Human Resource. I sent my resume, asked a few questions, and she arranged the next step. I was told to expect a call at 3:30 from the team. The interview would be with 3-4 PROJECT managers. Interview was via teleconference with two men that did not share their names, functions or levels within the organization.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to tell about a typical day at my recent client engagement. The work at my recent client engagement did not correlate to the role I was interviewing for. Unfortunately he continued to focus on the role, instead of asking questions about my previous engagement which was similar to the role with his organization.

Unexpected Questions: Please explain, "What is a Sprint Planning Meeting"? Please explain "Planning Poker".
        View Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Jacksonville, Burlington, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, Burlington, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insurance Services Office in July 2012.

Interview was extremely focused and specific, asked me if I had any programming skills, the answer was negative , so I was not offered the position

Interview Questions
    • Do you have programming Skills?   View Answer
    • When did you learn object oriented programming?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insurance Services Office in March 2012.

Went for initial interview with HR. Was asked some general questions and was also required to write two sample essays about insurance topics. They gave a pencil and some paper and said go. Not too hard just hurt my hand writing so much. Got called back for actuarial interview and met with two groups of people. About 3 ppl per group. Nothing out of the ordinary about the interview. Standard questions.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Insurance Services Office in February 2012.

I applied for the job, and got a call two days later. I interviewed with the company the next week. The first part of the interview had Excel and Word tests, and a sample email response. Then there was a short interview with the human resources person. Then I interviewed the hiring manager. The whole thing was about an hour. I drove an hour, and paid tolls. I never received a call or email rejection letter. I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be available for overtime where you would have to come in at 2 AM was one of the questions, and if I would take classes.   Answer Question

Worked for Insurance Services Office? Contribute to the Community!