Insurance Services Office Interview Questions in New York City, NY

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl River, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl River, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insurance Services Office.

HR was professional and informative. The manager interviewed me and we discussed my work history and the company. I then met with one of the team members to discuss the role I was interviewing for in more detail.

Interview Questions
    What I asked for was more than they typically offered. However, in considering my experience they met my request.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Insurance Services Office in October 2013.

First: 2 writing sample in 30 minutes and after that talking with hr.
    Second: Two group interviews with managers and seniors.

Senior Agile Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insurance Services Office in August 2012.

Initially contacted by a Specialist in Human Resource. I sent my resume, asked a few questions, and she arranged the next step. I was told to expect a call at 3:30 from the team. The interview would be with 3-4 PROJECT managers. Interview was via teleconference with two men that did not share their names, functions or levels within the organization.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to tell about a typical day at my recent client engagement. The work at my recent client engagement did not correlate to the role I was interviewing for. Unfortunately he continued to focus on the role, instead of asking questions about my previous engagement which was similar to the role with his organization.

Unexpected Questions: Please explain, "What is a Sprint Planning Meeting"? Please explain "Planning Poker".
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insurance Services Office in March 2012.

Went for initial interview with HR. Was asked some general questions and was also required to write two sample essays about insurance topics. They gave a pencil and some paper and said go. Not too hard just hurt my hand writing so much. Got called back for actuarial interview and met with two groups of people. About 3 ppl per group. Nothing out of the ordinary about the interview. Standard questions.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Insurance Services Office in February 2012.

I applied for the job, and got a call two days later. I interviewed with the company the next week. The first part of the interview had Excel and Word tests, and a sample email response. Then there was a short interview with the human resources person. Then I interviewed the hiring manager. The whole thing was about an hour. I drove an hour, and paid tolls. I never received a call or email rejection letter. I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be available for overtime where you would have to come in at 2 AM was one of the questions, and if I would take classes.   Answer Question

Actuarial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Insurance Services Office in March 2011.

i don't think these guys are actually hiring. i have a 3.9, 2 exams excellent interview skills and i didn't get called back after a 1-1 interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Insurance Services Office in November 2010.

The first phase of the hiring process was a phone interview. I was interviewed by two managers, which lasted for about an hour. One of the managers told me that the HR person will contact me and schedule a face-to-face interview.

The face-to-face interview consisted of a skills test, IQ test, and 2 interview sessions. This lasted for about a hours. After a few days I was given the offer and I accepted it.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me questions about the basic syntax of C# programming language and also gave a business case.   View Answer

Actuarial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Insurance Services Office in August 2010.

The Interviewer was very nice as was the rest of the staff. They offered water/coffee at first and then left me to read about the company with a pamphlet they provided. The first interview consists of a written exam/essay as well as some personal questions and questions on skill.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Insurance Services Office in May 2010.

A recruiter sent an email in March to which I responded immediately. Two months later I was contacted for a phone screening. A week later I was called for an in-person interview. I spent 1 hour taking an SAT-like test, 30 minutes waiting for my actual interview to begin, 1.5 hours with an interview panel of 3 upper level employees from various departments, and an hour in a lunch interview with two more upper level employees. I was called a week later with the job offer.

All in all, the interview process was very different than at any of the other companies I interviewed with. The interview panels made it possible for the employees to ask specific questions about the field rather than fill 20 minutes each discussing the basics of my resume. It was intimidating, but I think they got a better feel for their candidates that way.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think credit scores are sometimes used in pricing personal auto insurance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Insurance Services Office in May 2010.

GRE like question and behavior question