Insurity Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Insurity (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I was called by a recruiter regarding my resume. I was asked by the recruiter questions regard the overall practices of object-oriented design. Then I was asked where in my work experience I've used those practices. After a day or two I was asked to come in for an in-house interview with one of the Chief Architects Senior Head manager of their Product Engineering team. After interviewing with them about my experience for a little over an hour, they called me back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with service-oriented architecture?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Insurity (Hartford, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume directly to the hiring coordinator. First came a phone interview with someone from HR. General software development questions followed by personal work history, strengths, and goals questions. After that was an on-site interview with three account executives. I had a second and final on site interview with a VP and a fourth account executive. The entire process was scheduled quickly, and there were only a couple days when I was waiting on them to get back to me. The interviews went very well -- I could tell that they wanted me to be successful and "pass" the process. I feel like if you can get an interview here, you're already well on your way to an offer.

Interview Questions

• There were a few basic SDLC questions that 30 minutes on YouTube can prepare you for. The most unexpected questions were centered around my status as an industry outsider looking to get in. They wanted to know why I wanted to work here, why I wanted to work in this industry, and if I thought it would be a fulfilling choice and why. The position I interviewed for was very client focused. I imagine a more technical position would have a much more technically demanding interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The day after my last interview I received a verbal offer. I was pleasantly surprised with the details and did not negotiate. The starting salary was very competitive, and the benefits were very clearly explained even before I received an offer.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Insurity.

Interview

I interviewed with 5 highly knowledgeable people and enjoyed each and every one as well as learned something new from each interview. Everyone made me feel comfortable during the process and the feeling I got when I walked through the office help me feel at ease

Negotiation

They offered me a salary that was more than I had anticipated

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insurity (Hartford, CT) in July 2014.

Interview

Many interviews, but a smooth process overall, once they like you they try and find a fit. HR people are very friendly, interviews tend to be more about your potential and not about criticing your resume.

What I liked about the interviews was that it turned into a technology discussion unlike previous interviews with canned test there were none.

Interview Questions

• What technologies are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was above what I expected for the position.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Insurity.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview with a recruiting screener, then another with manager from recruiting. The 2nd was pretty much over before it started. She seemed very dis-interested even though I had tons of PM and industry experience. Asked very specific questions that seemed to be about their internal development processes and seemed very put off when I asked fore clarification. With and HR like this, it seems they are destined to be a 6th rate player in their market....

Interview Questions

• Asked very specific questions that seemed to be about their internal processes   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insurity (Hartford, CT) in November 2013.

Interview

I had the pleasure of interviewing with Marleen Ryan and Ken Safft. Both were very personable and informative about the position as well as the culture at Insurity. I also had the opportunity to meet with several current employees who spoke very positive about the company and the management team. The HR team has been very responsive throughout the interview process and informing me of their next steps. I'm look forward to exploring this opportunity and being a part of a winning team.

Interview Questions

• In my opinion, I didn't receive any difficult or unexpected questions during my recent interview. I would imagine the more difficult questions will follow in the next round of interviews.   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Insurity (Hartford, CT) in January 2013.

Interview

Spoke with HR Recruiter via phone who asked some basic questions in regards to experience and interest in the position. In person interview was scheduled. I came in for in person interview and met with department manager as well as department director. Both asked questions about my background/skills as well as told me more about the working environment at Insurity. After speaking with them I met with HR Recruiter who also asked some basic questions. After this interview I was called back it was offered to come in for a second interview. Came in for second interview and spoke with department manager.

A week after my second interview I was given an offer which was accepted.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any real difficult or unexpected questions throughout the interview process.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Insurity (Hartford, CT) in January 2013.

Interview

I had two interviews back-to-back, one was with a panel of senior software engineers and a portfolio manager, the second was with a VP. The interviewers were much more focused on my process of writing code and debugging rather than the exact technical skills that I possessed. They were very focused on the project that I worked on as an intern with Travelers.

I had a brief tour of the office, that was nothing terribly exciting as would be expected walking around an area filled with cubicles.

Interview Questions

• Describe the process of debugging code that you have written.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, this was my first job offer and I mistakenly jumped at it right away. I wished I had taken some time to research the salary offer because I would have realized that it was about $10,000 under the average for an entry level programmer would get in the Hartford area.

Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Insurity (Hartford, CT) in October 2011.

Interview

I had two short phone interviews, after which I was interviewed at their headquarters. I had 1:1 interviews with the head manager, the dept. manager and one of the software developers. The interview took about 2hrs. First part was general questions about me and my personality then I was tested on my knowledge of computer programming.

Interview Questions

• Technical programming question: perform a certain operation on a simple data type.   1 Answer

Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Insurity (Hartford, CT) in May 2008.

Interview

Very disappointing experience. Despite being courted by the CEO, invited in to meet with his staff, I never heard back from anyone even after following-up with the CEO and the HR rep. There was complete silence on their end, which I found very unprofessional.