Intacct Corporation

Updated Aug 24, 2014

3.1

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intacct Corporation.

A first round interview consisting of two thirty minute interviews with an account executive and then sales manager. Fairly straight forward behavioral in informational interview. Both people were very friendly and did seem to be interested in the first 15 minutes at least. Was asked to come back for final round of interview and felt confident. As long as you have a good understanding of what your skills are and what the companies it is easy.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your best friend and what would he say is your worst quality?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intacct Corporation in April 2014.

I interviewed with seven people total over a three week period. It was a great interview process and I really got a feel of the team and culture. I had a nice time speaking with everyone involved.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewed with the CEO and instead of him asking questions about me and my past experience, he wanted me to ask the questions.   Answer Question
    Career growth and stability are what's most important to me, and the executive team here really values input from their employees and the morale is always high. I wanted to be a part of that as well as the career growth that is offered within Intacct.

Customer Support Specialist-Direct Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intacct Corporation.

I was originally approached by an HR recruiter and asked if I would be interested in this position. I was informed that my past experience would be a great fit for the company so she asked if I was interested. The job description and details were later sent to me followed by a phone interview with the HR recruiter. After a telephone interview was scheduled with the Manager. After I was asked to come in for an on-site interview which was roughly 2 hours long. I met with 4 people (1 including the manager and 3 other people from the team). I was a bit intimidated and nervous but everyone was really nice. I thought all interviews went well but did not receive a call back for the last round of interview. Overall, it looks like a great company to be apart of.

Corporate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intacct Corporation in March 2014.

1.Applied thru Linked-In. 2. A few days later the Intacct Screener phoned. We chatted about an hour. Excellent questions and company knowledge. Outlined the interview process, focus, sales rep requirements & answered all my questions. Best screen ever. Set next step for Interview Coordinator to set call with hiring manager. 3. In person meet with hiring manager. Extremely experienced, excellent communicator. Straight forward honest respectful style. Next step set for Interview Coordinator to set in person meet. 5. Hiring manager in person mtg confirmed what we both suspected in the call. Next step set to meet with other mgmt team members. 6. Interview coordinator set meetings for the next two days to accommodate my schedule. 7. Met with CEO, VP Sales, VP Pro Serv., VP Sales Engring, Director Sales Enablement, Director Sales( peer of my hiring manager). Next step was next day decision. 8. Next day the Hiring manager phoned with thumbs up. Next step was was set for original screener to discuss offer and hire process. 9. Screener phoned to review offer & hire process. Step 10. I provided 2 references, filled out electronic application, was provided offer, completed background check. 10. Started the following Monday. Total time - 3 Weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Can you sell more smaller deals in shorter time frame   View Answer
    The offer was the offer that was set for the role in the organization I was taking. We could negotiate start date.

Customer Support Specialist-Direct Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intacct Corporation in March 2014.

Applied through employee referral had a screening interview with the VP of the department which was very nice letting me know that they care about who they hire, asked me about why I wanted to work there. I then had another screening interview with the recruiter who was also very nice and mostly asked me why I wanted to work there and asked a couple of questions about my last job. I then had a phone interview with the director of the department who asked me about past job experience and current knowledge of accounting. Next was the initial in person interview with 2 peers and a manager. The peers asked me questions about basic problem solving and troubleshooting steps. The manager asked me about past experience and knowledge of other software programs used for this job. The final in person interview was with the director and VP. The director asked the hardest questions about troubleshooting and what drives me in my work place environment and questions like where to you see yourself in 5 years. The VP was very relaxed and asked pretty much when I could start.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are the steps you take to troubleshoot an issue?   View Answer

Inside Sales Position (Entry Level) Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Intacct Corporation.

In a conversation with a current employee of ten years, I was given an "inside track" to employment. After applying, I was given a phone interview which I did not pass as I received a decision by email three days later. I did ask why and the answer was that there were simply other more qualified candidates for the position.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing unexpected although the interviewer seemed to be in a hurry.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Intacct Corporation.

The interview process was well organized and professional. There were several phone interviews, on-site interviews and a final interview with the CEO. Intacct called all my references and did a background check. Do advance research and be prepared to lead each interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is a misconception your fellow co-workers have about you?   View Answer

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intacct Corporation in August 2013.

I was initially approached through email by an HR recruiter, telling me about Intacct and asking for a phone interview. The phone interview was short and I answered questions about what I had done in my previous position and if I had experience with accounting. She let me know that someone would reach out to me within 24 hours to let me know if I would be moving forward in the process, and sure enough, I was emailed the next morning scheduling a time with the Support Supervisor. It was another phone interview where I was asked customer service experience questions such as "Tell me about a time....". After a week I was reached out to let me know they would like to interview in person, where I would be interviewing with people who work in the customer support team, as well as the Support Supervisor. The interviews were 30 minutes each, asking questions on how I work in a team, and aslo letting me know more about what I would be doing. I was invited back for a final round of interviews that included the CEO himself, and I was pretty nervous going in knowing he was one of the people who would be interviewing me. After this round of interviews, I was contacted almost immediately with an offer, and have loved working here.

Interview Questions
    • CEO did not ask me any questions, rather started the interview with "What would you like to know?"
      Another interview question from the team: What is the connection between the GL and the Income statement?"
      "Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer?"
        Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intacct Corporation in July 2013.

Very thorough and very professional, but not stuffy. I made several visits, meeting with 9 team members in various positions from sales development, sales, sales management and executive management. All were very enthusiastic about Intacct and the direction of the company. They were very accommodating,as I had other offers on the table and needed a quick process. It felt good to run the gauntlet and to be offered the position, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember a specific question that I was asked, but did notice a huge emphasis on me being the curious one and the one asking the questions. Be prepared, do your homework on the company and have layered questions.   Answer Question
    I was asked my parameters and told what would work for me. Process was easy, with start date, an important detail for me due to previous commitments, being very negotiable. Offer, with options, very fair and not much need for negotiation.

Senior QA Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intacct Corporation.

The whole process very smooth from start to finish. And I must say very quick too. I applied to Intacct via an online job posting. The recruiter was quick to contact me about my interest in the company. This was followed by a phone interview and then an onsite interview. I was given an verbal offer on the day I completed the onsite interview. Over all it was a very pleasant experience. Everyone was very friendly, professional through out the process.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions asked were all based on my past automation and testing experience and on SQL and JavaScript as the job requires that knowledge. I was asked to write a small program to print out day of the week, given a date.   Answer Question