Intacct Corporation

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

3.1

Customer Support Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intacct Corporation.

I was contacted through LinkedIn and asked for a 30 minute introductory call where I was informed about the company. After this I was set up to speak to someone (some manager) for a 30 minute phone interview. The phone call went well and also seemed like another introductory phone call. I was asked just a few typical interview questions about my previous experience, how I handled difficult situations, your usual top 10 interview questions. After that I was emailed and was set up with a second 30 minute phone interview with another manager of some sort. This interview process was very robotic and dry. I was asked question after question of behavioral and analytical interview questions. I struggled with the most difficult question (see below) because I had worked with small businesses and worked very closely to bosses and colleagues, so it was hard to come up with two different flaws.

Interview Questions
    • What would your past colleagues say is an area of improvement for you? What would your bosses have to say is an area of improvement?   Answer Question

Corporate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Intacct Corporation in December 2014.

Multiple phone calls with cheerleader types. In person a few managers seemed skilled. One very arrogant. Another in over their head. Said the words but didn't make sense. I felt embarrassed. They talked about some big holes in the app. No plan to address them in next two years if ever. The answer was you need to find the right company and sell around them.

No one could say what it takes to get the job done. I don't think anyone I talked to had done it. Not able to tell me how they ramp new sales guys up. They have a loose plan of lots of fast hiring and seeing who sinks or swims. Offices were very bright green, and new. They'll probably go through their 80 mil funding pretty quick.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to know? What size companies have you sold to? How many sales do you make in a year? Do you use Salesforce?   Answer Question

Marketing Programs Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Intacct Corporation in November 2014.

I applied to this job via LinkedIn - about a week later I received a call from an internal recruiter at Intacct for a phone screen. It went well, and a few days later I had a phone interview with the hiring manager.

On the call, they wanted to set up an in person interview - which would take place a week later. I had the first round interview, meeting with the hiring manager and her VP. The interview went well, and later that day, I received a call about setting up a second interview.

The second interview took place the next day, where I met with two employees who reported to the hiring manager and an interview with another VP, and the hiring manager again. I felt like the interview was positive overall, and was optimistic about the next stage in the process.

The next day, I received a call from the recruiter saying they wanted to check my references and to see if I was still interested in the role. I was offered the position the next business day.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intacct Corporation in October 2014.

Received an email through the LinkedIn and contacted the person who posted the position. First there was a conversation with the internal recruiter and later a phone screening and two rounds of the on-site interviews.
    The first round was all technical with five very smart engineers. Some design and coding exercises including database (both SQL and data modelling). I wouldn't call the interview very difficult but some design and database related questions were challenging. The second round of about three hours long was with managers, all of them very technical.
    Interviews were very well organized; I felt comfortable and was able to ask questions about the company, the product, and the technology stack. The entire process took about two weeks and I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • It is rather unexpected than challenging; why did you choose to become a software developer.   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intacct Corporation.

A first round interview consisting of two thirty minute interviews with an account executive and then sales manager. Fairly straight forward behavioral in informational interview. Both people were very friendly and did seem to be interested in the first 15 minutes at least. Was asked to come back for final round of interview and felt confident. As long as you have a good understanding of what your skills are and what the companies it is easy.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your best friend and what would he say is your worst quality?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intacct Corporation in April 2014.

I interviewed with seven people total over a three week period. It was a great interview process and I really got a feel of the team and culture. I had a nice time speaking with everyone involved.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewed with the CEO and instead of him asking questions about me and my past experience, he wanted me to ask the questions.   Answer Question
    Career growth and stability are what's most important to me, and the executive team here really values input from their employees and the morale is always high. I wanted to be a part of that as well as the career growth that is offered within Intacct.

Customer Support Specialist-Direct Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intacct Corporation.

I was originally approached by an HR recruiter and asked if I would be interested in this position. I was informed that my past experience would be a great fit for the company so she asked if I was interested. The job description and details were later sent to me followed by a phone interview with the HR recruiter. After a telephone interview was scheduled with the Manager. After I was asked to come in for an on-site interview which was roughly 2 hours long. I met with 4 people (1 including the manager and 3 other people from the team). I was a bit intimidated and nervous but everyone was really nice. I thought all interviews went well but did not receive a call back for the last round of interview. Overall, it looks like a great company to be apart of.

Corporate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intacct Corporation in March 2014.

1.Applied thru Linked-In. 2. A few days later the Intacct Screener phoned. We chatted about an hour. Excellent questions and company knowledge. Outlined the interview process, focus, sales rep requirements & answered all my questions. Best screen ever. Set next step for Interview Coordinator to set call with hiring manager. 3. In person meet with hiring manager. Extremely experienced, excellent communicator. Straight forward honest respectful style. Next step set for Interview Coordinator to set in person meet. 5. Hiring manager in person mtg confirmed what we both suspected in the call. Next step set to meet with other mgmt team members. 6. Interview coordinator set meetings for the next two days to accommodate my schedule. 7. Met with CEO, VP Sales, VP Pro Serv., VP Sales Engring, Director Sales Enablement, Director Sales( peer of my hiring manager). Next step was next day decision. 8. Next day the Hiring manager phoned with thumbs up. Next step was was set for original screener to discuss offer and hire process. 9. Screener phoned to review offer & hire process. Step 10. I provided 2 references, filled out electronic application, was provided offer, completed background check. 10. Started the following Monday. Total time - 3 Weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Can you sell more smaller deals in shorter time frame   View Answer
    The offer was the offer that was set for the role in the organization I was taking. We could negotiate start date.

Customer Support Specialist-Direct Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intacct Corporation in March 2014.

Applied through employee referral had a screening interview with the VP of the department which was very nice letting me know that they care about who they hire, asked me about why I wanted to work there. I then had another screening interview with the recruiter who was also very nice and mostly asked me why I wanted to work there and asked a couple of questions about my last job. I then had a phone interview with the director of the department who asked me about past job experience and current knowledge of accounting. Next was the initial in person interview with 2 peers and a manager. The peers asked me questions about basic problem solving and troubleshooting steps. The manager asked me about past experience and knowledge of other software programs used for this job. The final in person interview was with the director and VP. The director asked the hardest questions about troubleshooting and what drives me in my work place environment and questions like where to you see yourself in 5 years. The VP was very relaxed and asked pretty much when I could start.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are the steps you take to troubleshoot an issue?   View Answer

Inside Sales Position (Entry Level) Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Intacct Corporation.

In a conversation with a current employee of ten years, I was given an "inside track" to employment. After applying, I was given a phone interview which I did not pass as I received a decision by email three days later. I did ask why and the answer was that there were simply other more qualified candidates for the position.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing unexpected although the interviewer seemed to be in a hurry.   Answer Question