Intact Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intact Insurance.

Interview

Took part in a unique group interview. Had great feedback from hiring team. Called in for a second interview. Pretty straight forward, standard interview questions (behavioural in nature).

Did not get the offer as it seems that Intact prefers to hire/promote from within. In 2013-2014, 33% of current staff was hired/promoted from within the company (as disclaimed during the group interview process).

Interview Questions

• Very standard behavioural questions.
      Name a time where you encountered (a problem), how did you solve it, what was the result.

Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Intact Insurance (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through a career fair at the university.That afternoon, i got an email asking me to come in for an interview. There were 2 interviewers and neither of them smiled at me during the interview which made me so nervous. I got an email about 3 weeks later, to inform me that I didn't get the job which was expected albeit disappointing because I have always wanted to work for Intact.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Intact?
      Where do you see yourself in 2 years?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      How do you handle tight deadlines?
      Tell us about a time when you had a very short time to read a document and missed vital information. What did you do about it?
      Tell us about a time when you had an angry customer and how did you handle it?
      What was your favourite subject at school and why?
      What was your least favourite subject at school and why?
      What do you like most about your current job
      If you could change one thing about your current job what would it be?

Answer Question

Claims Representative I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Intact Insurance in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview. Following the phone interview I had to complete an online assessment. Second stage was an in-person interview with two managers. After the in-person interview I had to complete an extensive background check. Third stage was with the head of the claims department followed by a behavioural assessment online.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Interview

They start off by a phone interview, they called 2 weeks after I applied, and asked general questions. Afterwards you will have to wait for another call to confirm whether you passed the phone interview to get an interview in person.
    In person interview : they were really really nice people, and they asked a lot of questions and went into very deep questions concerning past experiences. Went through every inch of the CV. Interview lasted 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• What is the next experience/ability that you think you need to develop, as part of your knowledge or ability development?   Answer Question

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intact Insurance.

Interview

Process took quite a while, about a month after submitting resume. Phone interview then in person with HR person and manager. Interview was all questions "Describe a time when blank situation happened and how did you deal with it?".

Commercial Lines Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intact Insurance (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by the HR person at Intact. She did a 20 minute phone interview with me and informed me that I was selected for a second interview. When I arrived at the interview, I was interviewed for about 45- 60 minutes on basic behavioral questions. I was literally grilled with questions after questions. Just when I thought it was all over, they told me about a presentation i had to make in front of a group of executives. The presentation was fairly easy and they told me to give a 5 minute talk on Intact insurance. This was followed by a writing and math test which took about another 1 and a half hours.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intact Insurance.

Interview

I was contacted by phone and asked a few initial questions (eligability to work, brief work experience, and about my interests in the role and company), then I was told about the position and the company. We made a date for a second interview by phone the following week. The questions were related to insurance knowledge, about how I conduct my self in my current role, and why I would be a good claims representative. We made a date for a second interview but it never materialized because of a communication error.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good claims Representative.   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

Started with a basic phone interview. The standard behavioural type questions were asked mostly geared to your customer service experience and education. At the time the company was new so educational requirements were a little more laxed, I beleive they want university graduates now or people with insurance experience of 1-2 years already.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult questions if you are prepared and know about the company and position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Interview

phone interview

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intact Insurance (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed for intact. The claims process involved a phone interview with the HR. I was then called back 2 weeks after for a 1 on 1 interview. After passing that, I was called in 2 weeks later for a 3 on 1 management interview. Completed a background check and was provided an offer.

Interview Questions

• What's something a previous boss told you to do that was inefficient to your duties? How did you react?   Answer Question

I found another job at another company