Integenx

Relevance Date Difficulty

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Pleasanton, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Integenx in March 2012.

Interview Details – Initial communication was an email asking for a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by the hiring manager himself, and briefly asked about my reasons for leaving, my experience with certain skills, and what my expected compensation was.

An on-site interview was then scheduled, and I was asked to have a presentation prepared.

The interview went fine. They asked me about the nature of the work I currently do, and explain an instance where I solved a problem.

I was then contacted by my references, who told me they gave me good recommendations. At this point I was hopeful, since most companies only check references when they are ready to make an offer. However, they declined me, and I was glad I did not list my direct supervisor as a reference.

A few months later, they contacted me asking if I was still interested in the position. I told them I was. But then they asked if I would be willing to come on as a temp-to-hire. That was a risky arrangement for me considering that I had a stable job already, so we were trying to work out an arrangement where I would be part-time (80%) for the temp period. That didn't work out, and eventually they gave the position to someone else again.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was from a Scientist who asked me to tell him an instance of how I solved a problem. He did not seem satisfied with my answer, and kept pressing for more and I became uncomfortable and didn't know how to answer him further.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Integenx? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Integenx interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Integenx employees and interview candidates.