Integrated Marketing Services

Updated Jun 10, 2014

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Integrated Marketing Services

Program Manager Interview

Generic questions. Will take you around the office to meet other employees in order to get a feel of the job description. Interview is a little long, but you'll get the sense of what your day to day would be.

Junior Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Integrated Marketing Services.

I had to give a full 360 marketing presentation when I started, which was very rough since I didn't have any marketing experience. They no longer do that, so it is a more standard interview process. The interviews tend to be more conversational, but I'd still suggest dressing to impress if you want to have the best chance to land the job!

Interview Questions
    • I would be prepared to show at least some understanding of the shopper marketing landscape. Do some research on the industry (if you aren't already working in it) to have an idea of how to respond to certain industry-related questions. Learn the different marketing vehicles (i.e. POS, digital etc.) Understand the difference between Brand, Trade and Shopper Marketing funding. All this information can assist you in giving knowledgeable answers.

Come in with an answer to: What are you looking for in an agency?

You should be looking for a company with a strong culture that encourages it's associates to grow with the company. You should be looking for an agency that is grounded in all the principles of marketing with a clear vision for the future of the industry etc. It might sound cliche, but they will gobble it up!
        Answer Question
    Very limiting. You will likely have VERY little wiggle room in negotiations, but try anyways. The worst thing they can say is NO!

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Integrated Marketing Services in March 2011.

Initial HR interview over the phone, then and in person interview where I had to present a strategic plan that I developed based upon the brief they provided. They had various director level people in person in Norwalk and on the phone around the country as part of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Provided my thought process for the plan that I developed and presented   Answer Question
    Simple, straight forward, they were open to requests (flexibility to work from home a couple days a week and being able to work 8-4:30

Account Supervisor Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Integrated Marketing Services in May 2011.

Received call from HR asking me if I was interested in the postion. I had not applied, but they found my resume on Monster or LinkedIn and thought I would be a good fit. Interviewed with HR over the phone, then I went in for a 1:1 with the VP and Account Supervisor. HR called same day to move me forward in the process. The next step was to present a marketing plan based on a hypothetical situation. I went in the following week to meet with another VP and present my marketing plan. Heard back from HR that they loved me and asked me to meet the client. Client meeting was sucessful and they offered me the position on the same afternoon.

Overall, the interviews were fairly easy, mostly asking me to describe my background at previous employer. No "tell me about a time" behavior-based questions. Plan to spend some time on the presentation and make hard copy printouts for everyone. Make sure to include shopper-based insights to set up your plan.

Interview Questions
    • How do you stay current on marketing trends?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a significant increase to the offer (30% higher), mainly because I used my recent MBA degree for leverage. Advice: HR is your friend; if they like you they will go to bat on your behalf to get you the salary you asking for.