Integrated Project Management Company Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Integrated Project Management Company

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Integrated Project Management Company (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was recommended by a consultant for the PMC role through Linkedin. The interviewing process was long which included multiple rounds of interviews with different sets of people. The employees have a friendly vibe and that speaks a lot about company culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself? Strengths, Weakness Why IPM? Culture and ethics related question   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Integrated Project Management Company (Newark, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview screening by HR followed by an in person interview with hiring manager. I did not make it to further rounds but I was told there were two additional rounds of interview. I elicited feedback and it was positive stating that there were more qualified people than myself. There were some odd aspects about this company such as the spiritualism listed on their website. In addition, I was not interviewed in the company itself but a hotel near the Newark airport which I found odd.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Integrated Project Management Company (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

My interview process consisted of 4 steps: 1) A 30 minute phone screen with an IPM Recruiter. We discussed my background, skills, experience (primarily Project Management and Leadership) and interest in IPM. Salary expectations were established early along with the IPM norms. 2) A 3rd party personality profile as well as analytical and verbal skills. 3) A 1/2 day, in person interview at the local office. I met with the Regional Director and a Manager. The primary topics of discussion centered around Leadership and Project Management with targeted STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Response) questions around conflict resolution, team leadership, motivation and resource utilization. 4) A 3/4 day, in person interview at the Chicago office. This consisted of a 1.5 hour panel presentation and interview, hour long meetings with the company President and 2 other Managers/Directors and a lunch with a Chicago Project Management Consultant. The panel interview allowed for me to present my skills, background and experience and resulted in a good, open discussion of the pros and cons of the position. All other interviews followed similar discussion lines as the local office interviews.

Interview Questions

• A typical question was: Can you tell me about a time you had to persevere through a difficult phase of a project? Can you tell me about a time you were wrong and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Integrated Project Management Company (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process at IPM has a 3 phased approach; one being a phone interview, the second a face-to-face in the regional office, and the final, a group style interview at the corporate headquarters near Chicago, IL. The duration for the process was approximately 6 weeks, however not due to IPM. I had work commitments that had me out of town with little opportunity to get to Chicago for the final round. Without those commitments, I believe the process would have been completed in a matter of 2-3 weeks. I was offered the position only 2 business days following my final interview. Each phase gets more intense as far as the interview process is concerned. The phone interview you will be asked some basic questions, the second takes a deeper dive into those answers and your experience level and personality traits. The final is long (6 hours), however it breezed by like it was a normal conversation. For the final group interview, I met with the COO, had lunch with a current PMC, had a panel presentation with 3 Sr. management team members, and the final with the founder and CEO, Mr. Panico (be forewarned, the interview with the CEO is NOT a traditional interview). By far the most difficult task for me was the presentation, not because of the topic or audience, but it was geared towards the candidate essentially "bragging" on themselves. I struggle talking about myself and moreover, really struggle with speaking and boosting my own ego; there is a difference between confidence and arrogance. As far as the interviewees, they really made me feel comfortable and the energy they portrayed gave me a level of excitement about the organization. It was an extremely positive experience for me and helped me better understand the great company that I can now call my home.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Integrated Project Management Company (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The hiring and interview process is more selective than most companies. Expect a phone screen and an in person panel interview with a variety of employees from middle to upper management. Also expect to showcase your presentation skills during the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much back and forth in my experience. The original offer provided was pretty fair.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Integrated Project Management Company.

Interview

I was referred by a recruiter Brief telephone conversation with a principal Separate in-person interviews with two staff members including principal Was kept waiting quite some time past the scheduled in-person interview time.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: In your opinion what constitutes a leader?   Answer Question

Corporate Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Integrated Project Management Company in September 2014.

Interview

The interviewing process consisted of a phone interview, individual meetings with two different members of the organization's management team, another round of interviews on a different day with interviews with senior management and a lunch interview. The process moved quickly even though there are many steps. I truly appreciated the process and felt I had a full understanding of requirements and expectations of the role and the type of organization IPM is today and plans to be in the future.

Interview Questions

• There was a big focus on me as a person rather than discussions on examples of my work product. I really appreciated this and felt it made my decision to proceed with the interviewing process an easy one.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate. I felt the offer was fair and what I expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Integrated Project Management Company (Burr Ridge, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied twice to work at Integrated Project Management. (IPM). I was referred to the company by a friend from college and became very interested in working there after speaking with him. The first time I applied I had to do a phone interview with my friend who consolidated my answers and provided them to the HR Department. Although it was a positive interview with some challenging behavioral-based questions my interview package did not move forward in the process because there were no openings in the city I wanted to work. Quite a few months later I reengaged with my friend and he passed my resume on to the HR department. I was then contacted by an HR recruiter to conduct a phone interview. She was very pleasant, professional, explained the process and was clear regarding the next steps. The following week I was then scheduled for my first round of interviews at their home office in Burr Ridge, IL. The first round of interviews consisted of spending an hour with a regional operations manager and an hour with one of the department’s directors. The meetings were scheduled back to back and following that I was provided immediate feedback from the HR recruiter regarding the next steps. The second round of interviews was scheduled the next week and consisted of a half-day worth of activities. The first activity included having lunch with a current IPM employee which was paid for by IPM. The first interview following that was for an hour with the COO and following that was an interview with the CEO for an hour. The next interview was a panel interview where I was responsible for giving a presentation. They provided me guidance for the presentation ahead of time and I was asked to speak to 3 mandatory topics and the last was my choice. I was very nervous for my presentation but the 3 people that sat in on it including the CFO were very engaging, encouraging and interested in what I had to say. For all my interviews IPM paid for and coordinated my hotel stay; I choose to drive to Chicago but they would’ve done the same for my airline flight and transportation to/from the airport. A lot of the questions were behavioral-based and they asked me for examples of what I’ve done in the past that relates to what I would be doing in the job I was applying for. My impression of the people that worked there were they were friendly, professional, a close/tight-knit group, they were very passionate about what they did/the company they worked for, and they had very high standards for the type of person they were looking for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was presented less than a week after my second round of interviews. It was a very generous offer and included information on all of my expected benefits. I immediately accepted, signed the paperwork and emailed it in. I was scheduled to start a little over 2 weeks following that.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Integrated Project Management Company (Burr Ridge, IL).

Interview

Awesome! Loved it!

Interview Questions

• Do you mind that we say the pledge of allegiance and pray at our meetings?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Integrated Project Management Company.

Interview

Hiring/Interview happened in 3 stages. 1. One-on-One interview with someone in the company. 2. A telephone interview with a Regional Operations Manager. 3. A round of second interviews at the company headquarters with one-on-ones with the Regional Operations Director, Vice President of Operations, CFO, and President/CEO. An informal lunch with an employee is also part of the second round interviews