Integrys Energy Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Gas Engineer Interview

Associate Gas Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Integrys Energy Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Talked at a job fair and then was offered an onsite interview. I thought the on-site interview went well and I was informed that I would hear back within 2-3 weeks if I received the position or not. I emailed them to thank them and check up on the process and no email back! It has been almost 2 months and I still have yet to hear anything. Very unorganized!

Interview Question – They were all basic behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Green Bay, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Integrys Energy Group.

Interview Details – The interview process was well explained when you walked into the interview. Basically, come prepared for the interview. It is mainly behavior based.

Interview Question – When was a time that you felt conflicted with your leader and what did you do?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Integrys Energy Group.

Interview Details – Experience based interview and selection process. Can be arduous. Stay positive, stay on topic. Share your strengths. All senior employees are leaders, formally or informally.

Interview Question – Questions that I had no experience for. Substituting personal experience counts when nothing else applies, but feels awkward.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Technician Interview

Technician
Rochester, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Integrys Energy Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed for Minnesota Energy Resources, part of Integrys Energy Group in Rochester, Minnesota. It is a group panel interview that is very robotic. All of them seemed very dense. They do behavioral interview questions and the questions make no sense because they do not relate to the position.

They make you bring in a signed consent form to do a background check and credit check. If you are the most qualified for this position you still won't get hired if you have very bad credit.

There seems to be a very disconnect in the whole hiring process. The corporate company (Integrys Energy Group), which owns Minnesota Energy Resources gives them a list of questions to ask.

Interview Question – Most questions did not relate to the position.   Answer Question

Engineer Co-Op Interview

Engineer Co-Op
Platteville, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Integrys Energy Group in November 2007.

Interview Details – Basically they bring you and and ask you questions based upon the STAR method. If i had known better i could of done better at the interview. The interview lasted roughly an hour and if you can think of the questions beforehand it shouldn't be hard at all.

Interview Question – Describe a project u did at school and ur role in it   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Integrys Energy Group.

Interview Details – Follows the basic STAR format. Strong emphasis on safety culture. Often times there is a long delay between rounds of interviewing. HR contacts usually respond promptly if directly contacted and seem happy to update on the application status. Overall they seem to be looking for engineers with strong people and managerial skills with less of an emphasis on the analytical side.

Interview Question – Describe an unsafe work condition you've encountered in a previous job and what you did to correct it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For the internship process, fairly straight forward. They made an hourly offer well above what I expected, but it did not seem that it was negotiable (fine by me). Start date was flexible but was encouraged to start sooner rather than later. Hours were said to be flexible but there was strong encouragement to get in early/leave early.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Integrys Energy Group in July 2009.

Interview Details – Very nice recruiter, admin staff but other employees seem very unhappy or even rude at times. Interview process seem to go in circles with no conclusion - no one was even hired for this position in the end. Company seems to be going through a lot of upheaval & is no longer considered a 'secure' employer as it was before merger. Found out that many people were let go in the Green Bay, WI office a few months ago so was very happy I did not receive a job offer from them. Insiders say it's a very political company with a strong paranoia of being litigated against.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time that you had to work with a difficult co-worker - what was the situation & what did you do to rectify the situation? What was the final outcome?   Answer Question

Worked for Integrys Energy Group? Contribute to the Community!