Intel Corporation

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – A phone screen interview was initially done before being invited to come in for an in person. The on-site Interview was done with the entire team, from the manager in addition to four other people. Only one of my interviews was very technical, the others more behavioral. Response to my results and offer post interview came within one week after the in person interview.

Interview Question – How can IPC (instructions per clock) be improved in a processor   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straight forward with an offer letter. Little room for negotiation. Lower base salary than I would have liked but the total compensation package including RSUs and health benefits sealed the deal for me.

Applications Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Was invited to an interview on their facility. Initial meeting was friendly. They went straight into technical questions in another room with a whiteboard. Grilled me hard and poor reception.

Interview Question – Asked 3-5 questions. The questions were beyond my skillset at that point in time. They took poor consideration in making applicable questions based on my skills. First two questions were about digital logic, which I had not taken. The last question was creating code about a deck of cards.   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2008.

Interview Details – phone screen intelligence test, boring 10 hour day, a couple of intelligence tests, confrontation interviews were very stupid

Interview Question – mensa tests   View Answer

Negotiation Details – yes, you will not receive unless you ask

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Applications Engineer
Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

Interview Details – Online application followed by an invitation to an assessment day. The assessment day begins with an initial reception where you meet all the other candidates. This is followed by a schedule brief from the Hiring manager. You will be given a personal timetable which consists of the times/rooms for each interview and activity of the assessment day. There are two interviews: one behavioural/one technical. Then a final group assessment The behavioural interview involves drawing relevant examples from your past experience to demonstrate your approach to different situations. The Technical interview is slightly more intense than the behavioural interview as the interviewers are trying to gauge exactly how much you know and how far your skills go. You will be asked to elaborate on the technical skills listed on your CV and to demonstrate them. Your group assessment will require you assert your problem solving and team working skills. For my group assessment I was blindfolded and given 4 differently shaped and coloured objects. As a group we were told that for each candidate there should be 5 of each shape in 5 different colours. And between us, 2 of the objects are missing overall. So, we had to work together to work out what the missing objects were. I was one of the people with a missing object. We got 45mins for this exercise but it doesnt take that long.

Interview Question – The technical interview was the most demanding part of the day in comparison to everything else.During the fixed part of this interview I was shown a computer motherboard and then asked to demonstrate my knowledge of its architecture by 1) Identifying all the main components 2) Identifying the function of all the main components 3) Describing the typical boot-up sequence of a Computer (CPU, BIOS etc)
The rest of the interview was a discussion directed by the technical skills laid out in my CV.
  View Answer

Applications Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – it depends on what job you are going for. Applications engineers need to have a high level skill in every aspect of the product, nothing too far in depth. Be good at problem solving, multitasking and good with people.

Negotiation Details – My boss would not budge at all. But it didn't hurt to ask for more... you'd be stupid not to. they wont rescind the offer.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!