Intel Corporation

3.1

136 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Dielectric Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2014.

Initially there was a phone interview with basic statistic questions:mean, normal distribution, standard deviation. After that interview I went to Phoenix for a face-to-face interview. Was required to do a presentation on PhD project the day before the interview. During the RUSH event they gave an interview of the company and some of the benefits. There were two-one hour interviews with two people in each of the interview rooms.

Interview Questions
    • Vacancy in crystal structure, dislocation, Arrhenius equation, Fick's law of diffusion, thermoplastic, thermoset, energy bands for metal, semiconductor, insulator.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

I was called numeorus times for phone and in person interviews. Manager trying to get headcount and did great job of keeping me warm thorughout the process. once a position was found, it was smooth sailing

Interview Questions
    • I honestly dont remember the questions, but it was all behavioual based. Multiple people, including hiring manager and direct reports of the position did interviewing.   Answer Question
    none

Softwaregraduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2014.

I applied online in intel's job portal. Got a call after 3 days asking for a time to schedule a phone interview. The recruiter said three of them would join me in a one hour technical interview. One manager and two other colleagues joined the interview. No puzzles or hard questions were asked. Some behavioral questions and mostly technical questions related to position and deep about projects in resume. If you know the basics, you are more than good.

Interview Questions
    The package is great. no need to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2014.

Applied online October 2013 and called for a phone interview in May 2014 (So don't lose hope). 20 min phone screen. Called for on-site which was 4 rounds 1v1 each 45 min- 2 tech and 2 behavioral. Interviewers were very cool and very helpful too. It was a fun and pleasant experience on my side.

Interview Questions
    • Varied behavioral questions. Technical focused on oops concepts(explain 4 pillars of OOP with examples). Was asked to write code to print the largest number in an unsorted integer array of infinite size. Although the position was for C#, they were cool about me coding in java.   View Answer

IP Blocks Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Applied online - and got the phone interview email after about 3 weeks from the date of applying. Phone interview got postponed once due to employer's busy schedule, but later it was smooth. Interview questions were in the following areas:
    Mostly on programming languages - C and C++
    A little bit about Perl
    Some general electrical engineering questions in the area of SoC, ASICs

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2014.

Applied online during the beginning of December 2013. Was contacted in early 2014 for a 20 minute phone interview. This consisted of behavioral questions, as well as asking about research background/resume info. Was invited for an onsite interview a few weeks later. Onsite interview consisted of casual discussion of different technologies used, whiteboard coding and discussion of team culture. Know your resume and know your CS basics (linked lists, OOP, memory allocation)

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Very generous hourly rate, plus eligible for full benefits as intern. Best internship compensation I was offered by a long shot.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Applied online; was offered an interview within several days.

Intel offered to have me present my thesis work the day before the interview but I needed to decline.

The interview itself was 1/2 a day, 2 rounds of interviews. Each interview was with 2 Intel employees and consisted of both technical and behavioral questions. Technical questions were not difficult, covered simple semiconductor physics and materials science questions. Behavioral questions were standard and could be looked up online ahead of time.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question:

When you are working on process control what are the names for the important limits?

Behavioral question:

Describe how you have handled conflict with a peer in the past.

Answer Question

Validation Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

The interview was a five person round table type of interview that lasted about two hours. I was offered the job before I made it back to my car in the parking lot. It was an EXCELLENT interview!

Interview Questions
    • I was prepared, and the interviewers were prepared. In context, all of the questions were “easy.”   Answer Question
    They made a generous offer right out of the gate.

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

Met a recruiter at a campus career fair. He asked broad questions like "why do you want to be an engineer?" just to get to know my personality. He was very friendly and wanted me to succeed. A few days later, there was a phone interview. The questions weren't supposed to be difficult, but they focused more on embedded design. (My studies focused on analog circuits). I thought I did pretty poorly, and the interviewer said that I wasn't proceeding in the interview process, but about 3 weeks later they flew me down to Arizona for an on-site interview.

The process was 5 one-on-one, hour long interviews. Each person asked about something different (one for behavioral, one for programming skills, one for digital logic, etc.). I had to use the whiteboard often to draw schematics or show my ideas and my thought process. I got along well with most of the interviewers but I think the actual hiring manager didn't like me. Recieved an email a few days later saying that I did not get the job.

I pointed out my lack of digital experience several times, but I'm surprised I still made it that far through the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Given this circuit, how can you redesign it to use fewer logic gates?   Answer Question

Dry Etch Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

I applied on their website and a few days later I received an email for an interview. It started off with a presentation about the company by someone from HR. There are about 40 to 50 people in the room, but split up depending on the position they're interviewing for. After the presentation, I was picked up by a pair of employees (it was a manager and one of the engineers that work for them) for an interview. The interview was composed of both behavioral and technical questions and lasted for an hour. After the hour, the interviewers left the room and another pair of interviewers came in for another interview. After this, there was a lunch between the interviewees and some of the people doing the interviews before the day was finished.

Interview Questions
    • What was an instance where holding back on communicating was beneficial for the team?   Answer Question