Intel Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Technical Intern Interview

Graduate Technical Intern
Hudson, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had one 1:1 phone interview with one of the team members. He asked me about my PhD research and asked me several questions about the problem I am trying to solve and the novelty of the work. He briefly described the project I was going to work on, and I asked him several questions. It was a positive experience. After a week or so, I was offered the internship.

Interview Question – A special case about my research   Answer Question

Undergrad Technical Intern Interview

Undergrad Technical Intern
Hudson, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2011.

Interview Details – Received an email request from an employee for a resume, followed by a general phone interview and then a technical phone interview. Received an offer two weeks later.

Interview Question – Questions will depend on the group you will be working with, but expect general interview questions and technical questions related to the work done by the group. Computer architecture and programming related questions.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Hudson, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was promoted internally. I had 3 interviews by 3 different area managers

Interview Question – Do you like the management style of your current manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Hudson, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2010.

Interview Details – I met with 5 employees that had similar behavioral interview questions. There were also many technical questions. The interviewers were looking for the candidates who were prepared. They wanted a lot of work related examples on when you resolved conflict or your tolerance for ambiguity. Engineering Degrees are important and how you come across in your interview is also very important. Teamwork is highly valued.

Interview Question – What is you biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation. Intel has a lot of candidates to pick from and they usually move on quickly if you play hardball.

Component Design Engineer Interview

Component Design Engineer
Hudson, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screening and full day on-site interview.

Interview Question – Describe all the steps I would take to verify a hardware block.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They made a fair offer the same day I interviewed and I accepted.

Verification Intern Interview Interview

Verification Intern Interview
Hudson, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

Interview Details – I had two interviews. The first one was a personality interview that was given by the manager. My second interview was a technical interview that was held by a senior person in the group. This interview was more technical and they asked about all the skills that I had listed on my resume.

Interview Question – What is the purpose of a capacitor and why would you want to have one or multiple on a circuit.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Intern Interview

Design Engineer Intern
Hudson, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for an Intern position at Intel,Boston,MA. I am from VLSI background. First part of the interview went with introductions(like background,interests,career goals etc.). Next, he asked me to explain one of my academic projects(Asynchronus FIFO). Then he asked some questions on the design decisions of the project and about any problems that may arise in the project. Then he concluded the interview by explaining about the position(about the team,current project, tools on which they work etc.)

Interview Question – Nothing difficult- everything from the academics   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
Hudson, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Nothing particularly difficult. Need to know your basics.

Interview Question – Are you a team player?   View Answer

Facilities Electrical Engineer Interview

Facilities Electrical Engineer
Hudson, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

Interview Details – It began with a scheduled phone interview with a manager and senior EE. It was all technical and asked about 10 technical question related to power systems etc... a few easy, few more challenging etc... then got called in for a onsite Interview with the manager and 3 staff members consisted of 2 engineers and 1 manager from another group. Each interview was one after another and lasted 30-40min long. 3 out the 4 interviews were all behavioral questions and the last interview was all technical questions to gauge how u answered the questions and your thought process. Once complete we had lunch and then did a quick 45min tour around the facility. Overall interview went well.

Interview Question – Just prepare well enough with examples and past experiences for the 20-30 behavioral questions they will ask you. When answering technical questions use common sense and good reasoning they want to see how you process info and get to a solution.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
Hudson, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2012.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews that were general. Then on site with 6-7 people all 1:1.
First interview- was shown the whole building and then was asked to operate in the lab and characterize a 2 port filter. Thought that was interesting. Only interview that didnt go well was all about computer architecture- cache organization, RAM operation etc. Was not well prepared for that one sadly. Programming interview was easy- was asked to whiteboard python code since they write everything in python now- string operations, sets, lists vs tuples, regexp etc. The next one was in detailed about IO characterization- QPI, PCIE etc. Then digital and analog design -FSM, DACs etc.

Interview Question – Overall pretty standard but i didn't remember cache organization   Answer Question

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!