Intel Corporation

Average Difficulty
54 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call from the hiring manager for a position I had not applied for, which I thought was funny (as I had applied for at least 2 dozen positions before). The phone interview was about 45 min and in the end he asked about the my availability for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was very tiring (9 AM to 4 PM). I interviewed with 9/10 managers or team members. The questions ranged from verilog, RTL design, analog design, puzzles, transistor layout questions, perl scripting, c coding.
There were a bunch of other candidates interviewing with me. They took all the candidates together for lunch which was a little awkward as everyone was trying to make an impression.
A few questions were from my resume but others wew

Interview Questions

• Was given a verilog code and was asked to guess the function of the module. It was a voltage controlled oscillator.   Answer Question
  • There was a BIG sheet of transistor layout and the interviewer wanted me to figure out the function.   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2012.

Interview Details – phone call followed by a onsite interview. Different management level and technical level colleagues had interviewed me and tested on my CV. The interview lasted for five hours as in 5 1:1 with five different people of different backgrounds working on my CV and posing various questions.

Negotiation Details – I was a recent college graduate and hence was fixed on the pay scale

Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

Interview Details – After giving my resume to an on-campus rep. I received a phone interview that was mostly discussing my past experience. Then I was asked about my experiences with fixing instrumentation, how I felt about hands off mentoring, and how I felt about being on-call.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult. Seemed very similar to what others on this site have said.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Intel Corporation

Interview Details – Component Design Engineer - 3 rounds of interviews

Interview Question – Component Design Engineer - 3 rounds of interviews   Answer Question

Interviewed at Intel Corporation

Interview Details – Thorough technical knowledge required. Start prep alteast 2 weeks before.

Interview Question – Why intel ?   View Answer

Component Design Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screening+site interview

Interview Question – Uarchitecture questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was simple

Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2010.

Interview Details – All day interview of one hour each with six different people. Each interview covered a different area of engineering including circuit design, logic circuits, computer programming, validation, and testing. Shufflled from room to room for each interview, sometimes from building to building (conference rooms can be difficult to schedule). Opportunity to ask questions of each interviewer. Some were skilled at interviewing and some were poor at it.

Interview Question – In addition to technical questions there is alos behavioral questions asked. One example is "tell me about a time when you had to do something different from what the conventional approach suggested".   View Answer

Irvine, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details – The team really was in need of a design engineer ASAP. My resume was good fit for the kind of work they were expecting so the interview was very straight forward.
The interview had few technical questions but that was to verify that I know what have on my resume.

Interview Question – There were none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered what I had asked for... No Negotiation

Component Design Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

Interview Details – The interview took 4 hours, they asked technical questions and also why you want to join this company and what do you know about testing, also the famous traffic light question.

Interview Question – the famous traffic light question.   Answer Question

Hudson, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screening and full day on-site interview.

Interview Question – Describe all the steps I would take to verify a hardware block.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They made a fair offer the same day I interviewed and I accepted.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!