Intel Corporation Component Design Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX).

Interview

Full day technical interview with each of the 4-5 team members. Purely technical. mainly hardware design and few software related questions. i had many interviews before with basic CPU knowledge Qs. DMA, cache, virtual memory, sram vs dram,two bit counter design from scratch, frequency deviders, jtag, dfx, and writing a verilog code for a disc to tell which direction it is spinning if you have two sensors and the disc is half black and half white.

Interview Questions

• state machines, FIFOs sync and non-sync, clock domain crossing, meta stability, buses   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Component Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Easy phone interview all about basic of digital circuit, high-speed design which refer to delay and timing, low power design which refer to power consumption. After 1 month got the on site interview, 7 round, all about basic logic, STA and things/projects on resume, people are nice, interview under a friendly circumstance.

Component Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Interview Questions

• how does adding a buffer in the middle of a long wire reduce the delay? CMOS basics: PMOS and NMOS of Inverter operation region under while input varies. how to form a NOT gate using NAND gate.   1 Answer

Component Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

All day technical interview and off-campus lunch with a manager (not necessarily hiring manager). First was introduction to team and site project with principle engineer. Followed by three 45 minute technical interviews. Expect to be at the white board a lot. Lunch and general discussion. Expect to be asked about compensation and salary expectations. Afternoon was three more technical interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very rigid as in no wiggle room

Component Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, who scheduled a phone call after a few emails. I went through 2 phone screens with some technical questions, and was invited for an on-site. The on-site took all day and was mainly technical, but the interviewers were more focused on how you think and approach the problem. An offer came a week later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was really difficult, some of the personality questions caught me off-guard but I guess I did fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you go through a recruiter, make sure you negotiate hard on the salary and try and talk directly with your manager. The recruiter will severely low-ball you, and may or may not have all of the details of your position correct.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by onsite. Mainly technical questions on basics in the subject. Your resume, education, personality all matter ...not just the interview. University rankings are also very important. Some questions were on my resume and projects as well. They chose the topics for on site in which I was comfortable on phone interview. Very friendly and want to have people who can and are willing to learn.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview interspersed with behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still undergoing

Component Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Component Design Engineer - 3 rounds of interviews

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

After giving my resume to an on-campus rep. I received a phone interview that was mostly discussing my past experience. Then I was asked about my experiences with fixing instrumentation, how I felt about hands off mentoring, and how I felt about being on-call.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very difficult. Seemed very similar to what others on this site have said.   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Thorough technical knowledge required. Start prep alteast 2 weeks before.

Component Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

Interview

The interview took 4 hours, they asked technical questions and also why you want to join this company and what do you know about testing, also the famous traffic light question.