Intel Corporation

Updated Dec 8, 2014

3.3

60 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Component Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

All day technical interview and off-campus lunch with a manager (not necessarily hiring manager). First was introduction to team and site project with principle engineer. Followed by three 45 minute technical interviews. Expect to be at the white board a lot. Lunch and general discussion. Expect to be asked about compensation and salary expectations. Afternoon was three more technical interviews.

Interview Questions
Very rigid as in no wiggle room

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Component Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I was contacted by a recruiter, who scheduled a phone call after a few emails. I went through 2 phone screens with some technical questions, and was invited for an on-site. The on-site took all day and was mainly technical, but the interviewers were more focused on how you think and approach the problem. An offer came a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really difficult, some of the personality questions caught me off-guard but I guess I did fine.   Answer Question
    If you go through a recruiter, make sure you negotiate hard on the salary and try and talk directly with your manager. The recruiter will severely low-ball you, and may or may not have all of the details of your position correct.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2014.

Phone interview followed by onsite. Mainly technical questions on basics in the subject. Your resume, education, personality all matter ...not just the interview. University rankings are also very important. Some questions were on my resume and projects as well. They chose the topics for on site in which I was comfortable on phone interview. Very friendly and want to have people who can and are willing to learn.

Interview Questions
    • Technical interview interspersed with behavioral questions   Answer Question
    Still undergoing

Component Design Engineer - 3 rounds of interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

After giving my resume to an on-campus rep. I received a phone interview that was mostly discussing my past experience. Then I was asked about my experiences with fixing instrumentation, how I felt about hands off mentoring, and how I felt about being on-call.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult. Seemed very similar to what others on this site have said.   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Interview

Thorough technical knowledge required. Start prep alteast 2 weeks before.

Component Design Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

The interview took 4 hours, they asked technical questions and also why you want to join this company and what do you know about testing, also the famous traffic light question.

Component Design Engineer Interview

All day interview sessions composed of questions about basic semiconductor physics, analog circuits, RF IC, and so on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

The team really was in need of a design engineer ASAP. My resume was good fit for the kind of work they were expecting so the interview was very straight forward.
    The interview had few technical questions but that was to verify that I know what have on my resume.

I was offered what I had asked for... No Negotiation

Component Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Dropped off resume at the career fair. Had an on-campus interview the next day, followed by a 6-hour onsite interview with 4 people. All the interviews were technical in nature. They offered me a position 3 months later.

Interview Questions
    • None. Everything asked was based on resume details, coursework and research.   Answer Question
    None. This was during the recession and the salary was on the higher end of my other offers. In hindsight, I could have negotiated for a bit more, but I won't ever know!