Intel Corporation

Component Design Engineer - 3 rounds of interviews

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

After giving my resume to an on-campus rep. I received a phone interview that was mostly discussing my past experience. Then I was asked about my experiences with fixing instrumentation, how I felt about hands off mentoring, and how I felt about being on-call.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult. Seemed very similar to what others on this site have said.   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Interview

Thorough technical knowledge required. Start prep alteast 2 weeks before.

Component Design Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

The interview took 4 hours, they asked technical questions and also why you want to join this company and what do you know about testing, also the famous traffic light question.

Component Design Engineer Interview

All day interview sessions composed of questions about basic semiconductor physics, analog circuits, RF IC, and so on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

The team really was in need of a design engineer ASAP. My resume was good fit for the kind of work they were expecting so the interview was very straight forward.
    The interview had few technical questions but that was to verify that I know what have on my resume.

I was offered what I had asked for... No Negotiation

Component Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Dropped off resume at the career fair. Had an on-campus interview the next day, followed by a 6-hour onsite interview with 4 people. All the interviews were technical in nature. They offered me a position 3 months later.

Interview Questions
    • None. Everything asked was based on resume details, coursework and research.   Answer Question
    None. This was during the recession and the salary was on the higher end of my other offers. In hindsight, I could have negotiated for a bit more, but I won't ever know!

Component Design Engineer Interview

First got phone call from the hiring manager, asking my resume and one of my project. After 1 week, got an onsite interview with 6 engineers. Everyone is trying test one knowledge domain, including scripting, CMOS basics, timing analysis, signal integrity, power analysis and digital circuits. I feel like the last person is a high-level engineer with a lot of hard questions.

Interview Questions
    • compare latch-based design and flop-based design.
      write a script to order numbers.
      describe a power regulator circuit.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2013.

It was technical phone interview. It was basically regarding all the question from resume and projects. Also they asked about interconnect delay and inverters.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2013.

I got a call from the hiring manager for a position I had not applied for, which I thought was funny (as I had applied for at least 2 dozen positions before). The phone interview was about 45 min and in the end he asked about the my availability for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was very tiring (9 AM to 4 PM). I interviewed with 9/10 managers or team members. The questions ranged from verilog, RTL design, analog design, puzzles, transistor layout questions, perl scripting, c coding.
    There were a bunch of other candidates interviewing with me. They took all the candidates together for lunch which was a little awkward as everyone was trying to make an impression.
    A few questions were from my resume but others wew

Interview Questions
    • Was given a verilog code and was asked to guess the function of the module. It was a voltage controlled oscillator.   Answer Question
    • There was a BIG sheet of transistor layout and the interviewer wanted me to figure out the function.   Answer Question