Intel Corporation

Getting the Interview

50 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Intel Corporation

Interview Details – Thorough technical knowledge required. Start prep alteast 2 weeks before.

Interview Question – Why intel ?   View Answer

Component Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screening+site interview

Interview Question – Uarchitecture questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was simple

Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2010.

Interview Details – All day interview of one hour each with six different people. Each interview covered a different area of engineering including circuit design, logic circuits, computer programming, validation, and testing. Shufflled from room to room for each interview, sometimes from building to building (conference rooms can be difficult to schedule). Opportunity to ask questions of each interviewer. Some were skilled at interviewing and some were poor at it.

Interview Question – In addition to technical questions there is alos behavioral questions asked. One example is "tell me about a time when you had to do something different from what the conventional approach suggested".   View Answer

Irvine, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details – The team really was in need of a design engineer ASAP. My resume was good fit for the kind of work they were expecting so the interview was very straight forward.
The interview had few technical questions but that was to verify that I know what have on my resume.

Interview Question – There were none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered what I had asked for... No Negotiation

Component Design Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

Interview Details – The interview took 4 hours, they asked technical questions and also why you want to join this company and what do you know about testing, also the famous traffic light question.

Interview Question – the famous traffic light question.   Answer Question

Hudson, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screening and full day on-site interview.

Interview Question – Describe all the steps I would take to verify a hardware block.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They made a fair offer the same day I interviewed and I accepted.

Interviewed at Intel Corporation

Interview Details – All day interview sessions composed of questions about basic semiconductor physics, analog circuits, RF IC, and so on.

Interview Question – Mostly expected questions   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Dropped off resume at the career fair. Had an on-campus interview the next day, followed by a 6-hour onsite interview with 4 people. All the interviews were technical in nature. They offered me a position 3 months later.

Interview Question – None. Everything asked was based on resume details, coursework and research.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. This was during the recession and the salary was on the higher end of my other offers. In hindsight, I could have negotiated for a bit more, but I won't ever know!

Interviewed at Intel Corporation

Interview Details – First got phone call from the hiring manager, asking my resume and one of my project. After 1 week, got an onsite interview with 6 engineers. Everyone is trying test one knowledge domain, including scripting, CMOS basics, timing analysis, signal integrity, power analysis and digital circuits. I feel like the last person is a high-level engineer with a lot of hard questions.

Interview Question – compare latch-based design and flop-based design.
write a script to order numbers.
describe a power regulator circuit.
  Answer Question

Component Design Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2011.

Interview Details – real basic circuit problems. like threshold vol. have to prepare a lot of tech problems. That's all u need to get in.

Interview Question – even though there is something u dont know about it, they will kinda teach u the concepts and basic ideas. Then ask u some problems based on what ever they just told u about it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intel Corporation

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Our world is filled with 41,000 engineers bent on turning science… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation Component Design Engineer interview questions and advice. All 50 interview reviews posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees and interview candidates.