Intel Corporation

3.3

59 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2010.

Initially I has a phone interview. Then they asked me to come to on-site for interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2010.

I had a telephone interview and the questions where pretty basic ... what is a State Machine? What is a Latch? How do you construct a TFF our of a DFF? ... I passed the telephone interview and I was asked to come onsite. Everything that I studied pretty much came up in the onsite interview ... however, question began to get harder beyond the scope of what I had either put on my resume, or in the actual application. What I noticed in the paperwork was that although the position that I was applying for was for a Recent College Graduate (RCG), the paperwork showed "experience" ... I had experience as a Apps Engineer, but not as a Component Design Engineer. Given that I was applying for something entirely different (Verilog, Timing related, Synthesis related) and just had graduated from a Masters program, I still was being considered an experience candidate. Make sure that you tell them that if you apply as a RCG, that it should be that way and not as an experienced candidate.

Interview Questions
    • It was a CPU question at the gate level ... I have never seen this question in either of my Bachelors or Masters level classes. It was not a question about the CPU Architecture to be clear.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2013.

I got a call from the hiring manager for a position I had not applied for, which I thought was funny (as I had applied for at least 2 dozen positions before). The phone interview was about 45 min and in the end he asked about the my availability for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was very tiring (9 AM to 4 PM). I interviewed with 9/10 managers or team members. The questions ranged from verilog, RTL design, analog design, puzzles, transistor layout questions, perl scripting, c coding.
    There were a bunch of other candidates interviewing with me. They took all the candidates together for lunch which was a little awkward as everyone was trying to make an impression.
    A few questions were from my resume but others wew

Interview Questions
    • Was given a verilog code and was asked to guess the function of the module. It was a voltage controlled oscillator.   Answer Question
    • There was a BIG sheet of transistor layout and the interviewer wanted me to figure out the function.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2010.

Phone screening and full day on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe all the steps I would take to verify a hardware block.   View Answer
    They made a fair offer the same day I interviewed and I accepted.

Component Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2010.

Phone screening+site interview

it was simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2008.

Had a phone interview. Was asked for information on my programming and hardware skills. The interviewer was very understanding when I did not have the correct answer. Would give me some hints and if I still didnt know the material would either move on or tell me what he was looking for. Great experience overall

Component Design Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2009.

4 technical interviews.
    Device physics, circuit analysis, logic, and micro architecture.
    1 hour for each interview, 4 different people.
    No phone screening because I was already an intern.
    No behavioral questions because I was already an intern.
    Very broad scope, interviewers were helpful when struggling with technical problems.

The focus seemed to be whether I could get to the right answer, not necessarily that I could get it right the first try.

Device, circuits, and logic were more problem based questions while micro architecture tended to focus on questions about microarchitecture and the reasonings for choices made.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding hold time violations.   View Answer
    I did not attempt to negotiate. This was my first interview and first offer so I didn't feel that I had anything to negotiate with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2011.

Phone interview lasted for 1 hour. Questions were as follows: derive equation from FSM, K-maps, equation reduction using De-morgans law,pipelining and hazards, inverter working, how Vth varied with temp, SRAM working. 2 weeks later was called for onsite interview. Consisted of 4 rounds.
    1st round: questions related to system verilog, projects, design FSM from waveforms and conditions given. C code for converting binary to octal.
    2nd round: Given a black box and some conditions and asked to design a digital system. Design FF's. Given verilog code and asked to design gate level diagram.
    3rd round: Questions related to computer architecture. Asked project related questions.Cache write policies, write back, write through, PCI,PCI-E, arbitration, how to get faster circuits, latest INTEL chipset architecture. Remember all the questions were indirect.Logical questions.
    4th round: Timing analysis. Slew, fanout, design flow, setup and hold circuit analysis. Circuit analysis. All questions were logical,none direct.
    Hope this helps!!
    All the interviewer's were friendly and co-operative. It was basically like a discussion rather than question and answer session.

No negotiation since RCG position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, MA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2011.

Received 1 technical phone screen with questions derived from my resume with a few higher level what-if questions. The interviewer was on time with our agreed upon time for the phone conversation. The next step took a little longer because of the July 4th holiday weekend, but was scheduled about 3 weeks after the initial screen. The onsite interview consisted of 3 1hr 1:1s very technical in nature designed to find my breaking point. An off-site lunch with the hiring manager was nice and casual. Compensation expectations were discussed on the ride back to campus. 3 more 1hr 1:1s were scheduled with a different design group and were equally as challenging. I was impressed with the caliber of people that interviewed me and felt like I did very well answering the questions.

Interview Questions
    • In Verilog what is the difference between a blocking and non-blocking statement?   View Answer
    • Explain to me what an early clock is and on what edges you would like to clock the data on to avoid race conditions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation in the offer other than the start date. I wanted a break between jobs and to enjoy the rest of summer and got it. The base pay was slightly less than my previous job, but the whole compensation package was better.

Component Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2009.

I had a phone interview initally and then a on site. The interview had around 8 rounds. They interviewed in multiple areas.