Intel Corporation

3.2

55 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2010.

Initially I has a phone interview. Then they asked me to come to on-site for interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Component Design Engineer Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2009.

4 technical interviews.
    Device physics, circuit analysis, logic, and micro architecture.
    1 hour for each interview, 4 different people.
    No phone screening because I was already an intern.
    No behavioral questions because I was already an intern.
    Very broad scope, interviewers were helpful when struggling with technical problems.

The focus seemed to be whether I could get to the right answer, not necessarily that I could get it right the first try.

Device, circuits, and logic were more problem based questions while micro architecture tended to focus on questions about microarchitecture and the reasonings for choices made.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding hold time violations.   View Answer
    I did not attempt to negotiate. This was my first interview and first offer so I didn't feel that I had anything to negotiate with.

Component Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2011.

Computer fundamentals and architecture
    cache snooping
    bit wise programing
    3 hr interview with some group level managers
    1:1 interviews all
    asking project details which did for ur Masters
    it was easy kinda interview
    all managers are very cool and they dont make u tensed

Gud company

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2011.

Phone interview lasted for 1 hour. Questions were as follows: derive equation from FSM, K-maps, equation reduction using De-morgans law,pipelining and hazards, inverter working, how Vth varied with temp, SRAM working. 2 weeks later was called for onsite interview. Consisted of 4 rounds.
    1st round: questions related to system verilog, projects, design FSM from waveforms and conditions given. C code for converting binary to octal.
    2nd round: Given a black box and some conditions and asked to design a digital system. Design FF's. Given verilog code and asked to design gate level diagram.
    3rd round: Questions related to computer architecture. Asked project related questions.Cache write policies, write back, write through, PCI,PCI-E, arbitration, how to get faster circuits, latest INTEL chipset architecture. Remember all the questions were indirect.Logical questions.
    4th round: Timing analysis. Slew, fanout, design flow, setup and hold circuit analysis. Circuit analysis. All questions were logical,none direct.
    Hope this helps!!
    All the interviewer's were friendly and co-operative. It was basically like a discussion rather than question and answer session.

No negotiation since RCG position

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hudson, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2011.

Received 1 technical phone screen with questions derived from my resume with a few higher level what-if questions. The interviewer was on time with our agreed upon time for the phone conversation. The next step took a little longer because of the July 4th holiday weekend, but was scheduled about 3 weeks after the initial screen. The onsite interview consisted of 3 1hr 1:1s very technical in nature designed to find my breaking point. An off-site lunch with the hiring manager was nice and casual. Compensation expectations were discussed on the ride back to campus. 3 more 1hr 1:1s were scheduled with a different design group and were equally as challenging. I was impressed with the caliber of people that interviewed me and felt like I did very well answering the questions.

Interview Questions
    • In Verilog what is the difference between a blocking and non-blocking statement?   View Answer
    • Explain to me what an early clock is and on what edges you would like to clock the data on to avoid race conditions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation in the offer other than the start date. I wanted a break between jobs and to enjoy the rest of summer and got it. The base pay was slightly less than my previous job, but the whole compensation package was better.

Component Design Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2009.

I had a phone interview initally and then a on site. The interview had around 8 rounds. They interviewed in multiple areas.

Anonymous Employee  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2013.

I got a call from the hiring manager for a position I had not applied for, which I thought was funny (as I had applied for at least 2 dozen positions before). The phone interview was about 45 min and in the end he asked about the my availability for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was very tiring (9 AM to 4 PM). I interviewed with 9/10 managers or team members. The questions ranged from verilog, RTL design, analog design, puzzles, transistor layout questions, perl scripting, c coding.
    There were a bunch of other candidates interviewing with me. They took all the candidates together for lunch which was a little awkward as everyone was trying to make an impression.
    A few questions were from my resume but others wew

Interview Questions
    • Was given a verilog code and was asked to guess the function of the module. It was a voltage controlled oscillator.   Answer Question
    • There was a BIG sheet of transistor layout and the interviewer wanted me to figure out the function.   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2012.

The interview was longer than an hour, and was very detailed on each topic. I had only brushed thru most topics, but regret not getting enough time to review fundamentals. If you are through with computer architecture,C and Digital logic design, it shudnt be very hard to crack.

Interview Questions
    • Why are caches useful   View Answer
    • general operations of the Microprocessor and how it communicates with its peripherals.   Answer Question
    • Use of virtual memory and its advantages. How would you get cpu to service your request if there are no interrupts?   Answer Question
    • Difference between pass by value and Pass by reference   Answer Question
    • Difference between Linked lists and Arrays. Why is one used over other. When would you use each of it.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2008.

Had a phone interview. Was asked for information on my programming and hardware skills. The interviewer was very understanding when I did not have the correct answer. Would give me some hints and if I still didnt know the material would either move on or tell me what he was looking for. Great experience overall

Component Design Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2010.

Phone screening+site interview

it was simple

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!