Intel Corporation

Updated Dec 8, 2014

3.3

60 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Component Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

All day technical interview and off-campus lunch with a manager (not necessarily hiring manager). First was introduction to team and site project with principle engineer. Followed by three 45 minute technical interviews. Expect to be at the white board a lot. Lunch and general discussion. Expect to be asked about compensation and salary expectations. Afternoon was three more technical interviews.

Interview Questions
Very rigid as in no wiggle room

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2014.

Phone interview followed by onsite. Mainly technical questions on basics in the subject. Your resume, education, personality all matter ...not just the interview. University rankings are also very important. Some questions were on my resume and projects as well. They chose the topics for on site in which I was comfortable on phone interview. Very friendly and want to have people who can and are willing to learn.

Interview Questions
    • Technical interview interspersed with behavioral questions   Answer Question
    Still undergoing

Component Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I was contacted by a recruiter, who scheduled a phone call after a few emails. I went through 2 phone screens with some technical questions, and was invited for an on-site. The on-site took all day and was mainly technical, but the interviewers were more focused on how you think and approach the problem. An offer came a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really difficult, some of the personality questions caught me off-guard but I guess I did fine.   Answer Question
    If you go through a recruiter, make sure you negotiate hard on the salary and try and talk directly with your manager. The recruiter will severely low-ball you, and may or may not have all of the details of your position correct.

Component Design Engineer Interview

Was very easy and quick. A lot of the questions were asked but I answer them fine. The questions are basic you should know about. If you know your stuff, you should be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2010.

I had a telephone interview and the questions where pretty basic ... what is a State Machine? What is a Latch? How do you construct a TFF our of a DFF? ... I passed the telephone interview and I was asked to come onsite. Everything that I studied pretty much came up in the onsite interview ... however, question began to get harder beyond the scope of what I had either put on my resume, or in the actual application. What I noticed in the paperwork was that although the position that I was applying for was for a Recent College Graduate (RCG), the paperwork showed "experience" ... I had experience as a Apps Engineer, but not as a Component Design Engineer. Given that I was applying for something entirely different (Verilog, Timing related, Synthesis related) and just had graduated from a Masters program, I still was being considered an experience candidate. Make sure that you tell them that if you apply as a RCG, that it should be that way and not as an experienced candidate.

Interview Questions
    • It was a CPU question at the gate level ... I have never seen this question in either of my Bachelors or Masters level classes. It was not a question about the CPU Architecture to be clear.   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

telephonic 1 hr . bit grilling (on cmos and digital concepts). Face 2 face was focused mostly on basics and past experience.
    questioned asked was
    1. DDR interface and controller design details. basic memory concepts
    2. Basics of cmos logic. channel modeling. etc.
    3. verification mindset check. provided with PCI related system and asked what all things to take care in validating it.

not much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2013.

I got a call from the hiring manager for a position I had not applied for, which I thought was funny (as I had applied for at least 2 dozen positions before). The phone interview was about 45 min and in the end he asked about the my availability for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was very tiring (9 AM to 4 PM). I interviewed with 9/10 managers or team members. The questions ranged from verilog, RTL design, analog design, puzzles, transistor layout questions, perl scripting, c coding.
    There were a bunch of other candidates interviewing with me. They took all the candidates together for lunch which was a little awkward as everyone was trying to make an impression.
    A few questions were from my resume but others wew

Interview Questions
    • Was given a verilog code and was asked to guess the function of the module. It was a voltage controlled oscillator.   Answer Question
    • There was a BIG sheet of transistor layout and the interviewer wanted me to figure out the function.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2012.

phone call followed by a onsite interview. Different management level and technical level colleagues had interviewed me and tested on my CV. The interview lasted for five hours as in 5 1:1 with five different people of different backgrounds working on my CV and posing various questions.

I was a recent college graduate and hence was fixed on the pay scale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

After giving my resume to an on-campus rep. I received a phone interview that was mostly discussing my past experience. Then I was asked about my experiences with fixing instrumentation, how I felt about hands off mentoring, and how I felt about being on-call.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult. Seemed very similar to what others on this site have said.   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer - 3 rounds of interviews