Intel Corporation Component Design Engineer Interview Questions in Oregon

Updated Jul 5, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by onsite. Mainly technical questions on basics in the subject. Your resume, education, personality all matter ...not just the interview. University rankings are also very important. Some questions were on my resume and projects as well. They chose the topics for on site in which I was comfortable on phone interview. Very friendly and want to have people who can and are willing to learn.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview interspersed with behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still undergoing

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

After giving my resume to an on-campus rep. I received a phone interview that was mostly discussing my past experience. Then I was asked about my experiences with fixing instrumentation, how I felt about hands off mentoring, and how I felt about being on-call.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very difficult. Seemed very similar to what others on this site have said.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

I got a call from the hiring manager for a position I had not applied for, which I thought was funny (as I had applied for at least 2 dozen positions before). The phone interview was about 45 min and in the end he asked about the my availability for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was very tiring (9 AM to 4 PM). I interviewed with 9/10 managers or team members. The questions ranged from verilog, RTL design, analog design, puzzles, transistor layout questions, perl scripting, c coding.
    There were a bunch of other candidates interviewing with me. They took all the candidates together for lunch which was a little awkward as everyone was trying to make an impression.
    A few questions were from my resume but others wew

Interview Questions

• Was given a verilog code and was asked to guess the function of the module. It was a voltage controlled oscillator.   Answer Question
    • There was a BIG sheet of transistor layout and the interviewer wanted me to figure out the function.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview lasted from 9am to 4pm, total 6 rounds with three different teams. The interview tested both HW & SW. HW includes timing & delay analysis, RTL coding, FSM design, basic gate topology and leakage, pass gates.etc. SW includes string manipulation, decimal to hex conversion&recursion. Both C & perl were used. In the end, I met with the hiring manager for a wrap up.

Interview Questions

• Design an FSM that can generate a single pulse after certain no. of rising clk edge. Such no. is defined by the input.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Dream company + dream team, didn't negotiation at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in July 2012.

Interview

phone call followed by a onsite interview. Different management level and technical level colleagues had interviewed me and tested on my CV. The interview lasted for five hours as in 5 1:1 with five different people of different backgrounds working on my CV and posing various questions.

Negotiation

I was a recent college graduate and hence was fixed on the pay scale