Intel Corporation

Intel Corporation Engineering Interview Questions

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio Rancho, NM
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio Rancho, NM

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2012.

Phone screen interview including clarifying resume and basic background questions. On site interview including technical questions and behavioral "tell us about a time when" questions. Focused on PhD candidates, almost no BS engineering candidates considered. Interviewed by experienced managers and well as experienced engineers. Doctoral candidates present thesis research and outcome presentations to small panel of employees.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2013.

phone interview and then onsite

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2013.

It was 20-25 min. telephonic interview based on my resume, course work and programming languages. Not any technical questions on first interview. Interviewer introduce with work type and team.

Engineer Interview

Beginning with an hour phone interview, the first five mins, interviewer introduce their team. The following 30 mins likes a discussion.

Interview Questions
    • there are some situation questions, they provide a real problem and ask you to solve.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2012.

Campus-visiting recruiter gave a presentation for the RET department and collected resume. Contacted by a phone on the same day 2-3 hours later the presentation finished in order to schedule a 1:1 interview for the next day. Rejected on the first interview. Successful candidates would have scheduled the full-day second on-site job interview and got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most question about the research related ( Ph. D in physics ) like "What have you study?" "What is charge density wave(CDW)?", "How does it break the degeneracy?" I didn't express myself that I'm capable of dealing with the time pressure working conditions.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2012.

Talked at length with interviewers. Was told they would call back, but didn't.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2008.

Interview process took half a day meeting about 5 different people. People were a mixture of engineers and managers. Interview questions were both behavioral and technical.

Interview Questions
    Yes. Intel will try to keep your base salary low and point out their total compensation package or Tcomp. Make sure you negotiate a base salary that's acceptable to you and don't be swayed by the Tcomp.

Engineering Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2012.

submitted resume, was contacted for phone interview. This was a general process and mainly consisted of the hiring manager going over the details in the resume. A couple of days after I was contacted for an onsite interview. This was held about 2 weeks after the phone interview. The interview consisted of a presentation and a panel interview. The next business day I was contacted saying I have not been considered.

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

My interview, which lasted 4 hours, comprised of several 1:1 interviews with several people. The questions primarily were behavioral with a few technical questions added in occasionally. After the interview, I was told that I would hear back within 2 weeks. I sent a follow up email inquiring what my status was at the 2 week point, but was told they were finishing up interviews during week 3. 4 weeks went by until I received an email notification from HR and not the person I interviewed.

They made it appear throughout the interview that I pretty much had the job, and couldn't seem to stop talking about the benefits package, moving package, etc. The only thing they didn't mention was salary, which from what I had heard, was non-negotiable anyways from others I know who work at Intel. The manager gloated on numerous occasions about his recent expensive purchases, which I found to be rather tasteless.

Unprofessional, poor communication, misleading, and lack of modesty is how I would describe the primary interviewer.

My perception of the work culture is that it's close knit, but they expect you to work long hours, as well as remain on call 24/7, so there is a terrible life/work balance, reinforced by the manager plainly stating that he was hiring someone specifically to offload his work while he took off on his 2 month sabbatical.

I don't have any advice for other interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you had to resolve a conflict with a coworker?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2011.

I applied on-line and the interview consisted of a Phone Interview, two 1:1 Interview and a Group/Panel Interview. Initial interview was with the hiring manager. At the end of the interview, I was told the decision will come in two weeks.