Intel Corporation

Average Difficulty
56 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had a 1 hour phone interview that was consisted of a technical and behavioral questions. After passing that interview, I had a 6 hour interview at the site that had 3 portions. Behavioral, Technical and a one on one with the senior manager. I got offered the job a week later.

Interview Question – If I told you I was thinking of a word in the dictionary and I could only answer yes or no to your questions, how would you find out the word using the least amount of questions   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – All of my salary requirements were met.

Santa Clara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2008.

Interview Details – There was an opening, but no one was really interested in filling the position with a really qualified candidate.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses   View Answer

Chandler, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2010.

Interview Details – Received an email from the hiring manager that my resume had been found on an industry website, and asked my interest in a phone interview, without any description or mention of the position being interviewed for. Phone interview was very straightforward and only asked about the research/work experiences listed on my resume. Was invited to apply for the position and invited out for an onsite interview a few weeks later. Was notified of the onsite interview date only 4 days ahead of time.

Interview Question – Describe your research project X ...   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2008.

Interview Details – Quick couple questions, we both realized that I was applying for the wrong kind of job (they wanted a user with hardware experience, and mine is 90% software). It seems like it wouldn't have been a difficult interview for someone with the proper experience. He asked me about my knowledge of page tables and caches and stuff, things that would typically be in the undergraduate introductory computer hardware courses

Interview Question – What is a page table?   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2009.

Interview Details – i was interviewed in a small conference room where a one to one interview was carried out. i was asked of several technical questions about my field. i was not quite prepared for this. i gave my answers not quite clearly.but the interviewer was really nice. he gave me quite recommendations of other employers information and where to look for jobs.

Interview Questions

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2012.

Interview Details – Talked at length with interviewers. Was told they would call back, but didn't.

Interview Question – Project you are proud of.   Answer Question

Engineering

The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2012.

Interview Details – submitted resume, was contacted for phone interview. This was a general process and mainly consisted of the hiring manager going over the details in the resume. A couple of days after I was contacted for an onsite interview. This was held about 2 weeks after the phone interview. The interview consisted of a presentation and a panel interview. The next business day I was contacted saying I have not been considered.

Interview Question – what is the application of your research   Answer Question

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – My interview, which lasted 4 hours, comprised of several 1:1 interviews with several people. The questions primarily were behavioral with a few technical questions added in occasionally. After the interview, I was told that I would hear back within 2 weeks. I sent a follow up email inquiring what my status was at the 2 week point, but was told they were finishing up interviews during week 3. 4 weeks went by until I received an email notification from HR and not the person I interviewed.

They made it appear throughout the interview that I pretty much had the job, and couldn't seem to stop talking about the benefits package, moving package, etc. The only thing they didn't mention was salary, which from what I had heard, was non-negotiable anyways from others I know who work at Intel. The manager gloated on numerous occasions about his recent expensive purchases, which I found to be rather tasteless.

Unprofessional, poor communication, misleading, and lack of modesty is how I would describe the primary interviewer.

My perception of the work culture is that it's close knit, but they expect you to work long hours, as well as remain on call 24/7, so there is a terrible life/work balance, reinforced by the manager plainly stating that he was hiring someone specifically to offload his work while he took off on his 2 month sabbatical.

I don't have any advice for other interviewers.

Interview Question – Tell me of a time when you had to resolve a conflict with a coworker?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2012.

Interview Details – Asked me why I wanted to join the company , I said It was my dream to gain exposure

Interview Question – what is a flip-flop?   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2012.

Interview Details – The overall interview experience was good. There were 5 rounds with a completely different focus on each one. Questions were pretty standard, to say typical intel questions like adders, caches, verilog, perl etc. Few tricky questions were thrown but the interviewers were nice to give you hints on how to approach it.

Interview Question – Make a Divide by 3 counter   Answer Question