Intel Corporation

Intel Corporation Engineering Interview Questions

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2010.

Received an email from the hiring manager that my resume had been found on an industry website, and asked my interest in a phone interview, without any description or mention of the position being interviewed for. Phone interview was very straightforward and only asked about the research/work experiences listed on my resume. Was invited to apply for the position and invited out for an onsite interview a few weeks later. Was notified of the onsite interview date only 4 days ahead of time.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2009.

i was interviewed in a small conference room where a one to one interview was carried out. i was asked of several technical questions about my field. i was not quite prepared for this. i gave my answers not quite clearly.but the interviewer was really nice. he gave me quite recommendations of other employers information and where to look for jobs.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2008.

Quick couple questions, we both realized that I was applying for the wrong kind of job (they wanted a user with hardware experience, and mine is 90% software). It seems like it wouldn't have been a difficult interview for someone with the proper experience. He asked me about my knowledge of page tables and caches and stuff, things that would typically be in the undergraduate introductory computer hardware courses

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2008.

There was an opening, but no one was really interested in filling the position with a really qualified candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2008.

Interview process took half a day meeting about 5 different people. People were a mixture of engineers and managers. Interview questions were both behavioral and technical.

Interview Questions
    Yes. Intel will try to keep your base salary low and point out their total compensation package or Tcomp. Make sure you negotiate a base salary that's acceptable to you and don't be swayed by the Tcomp.

Engineering Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2012.

submitted resume, was contacted for phone interview. This was a general process and mainly consisted of the hiring manager going over the details in the resume. A couple of days after I was contacted for an onsite interview. This was held about 2 weeks after the phone interview. The interview consisted of a presentation and a panel interview. The next business day I was contacted saying I have not been considered.

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

My interview, which lasted 4 hours, comprised of several 1:1 interviews with several people. The questions primarily were behavioral with a few technical questions added in occasionally. After the interview, I was told that I would hear back within 2 weeks. I sent a follow up email inquiring what my status was at the 2 week point, but was told they were finishing up interviews during week 3. 4 weeks went by until I received an email notification from HR and not the person I interviewed.

They made it appear throughout the interview that I pretty much had the job, and couldn't seem to stop talking about the benefits package, moving package, etc. The only thing they didn't mention was salary, which from what I had heard, was non-negotiable anyways from others I know who work at Intel. The manager gloated on numerous occasions about his recent expensive purchases, which I found to be rather tasteless.

Unprofessional, poor communication, misleading, and lack of modesty is how I would describe the primary interviewer.

My perception of the work culture is that it's close knit, but they expect you to work long hours, as well as remain on call 24/7, so there is a terrible life/work balance, reinforced by the manager plainly stating that he was hiring someone specifically to offload his work while he took off on his 2 month sabbatical.

I don't have any advice for other interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you had to resolve a conflict with a coworker?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2012.

Asked me why I wanted to join the company , I said It was my dream to gain exposure

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2012.

Talked at length with interviewers. Was told they would call back, but didn't.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2012.

The overall interview experience was good. There were 5 rounds with a completely different focus on each one. Questions were pretty standard, to say typical intel questions like adders, caches, verilog, perl etc. Few tricky questions were thrown but the interviewers were nice to give you hints on how to approach it.