Intel Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Engineer Manager Interview

Engineer Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – More of a conversation than a technical interview. They asked simple questions to see if you had basic knowledge. Manager not very engaged or knowledgeable. Very easy process but very long. No sense of urgency.

Interview Question – Nothing very surprising or difficult.   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by 4 hour face to face onsite interview. Interview was mostly related to past work experience and job requisition. Interview was fairly easy.

Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2009.

Interview Details – Management, org development, integration, global management, process, practices, indicators

Interview Question – What is the biggest challenge in managing global teams   Answer Question

Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2009.

Interview Details – When I applied for the job, I had an interactive interview session with the hiring managers and 3 or 4 senior leaders within the organization. Most of them have been familiar with my work since it was an internal hire. SO the interview was relatively casual and revolved around my post-mortem analysis and learnings from a massive program in which I was a critical project lead. The interviewers were singularly impressed on a successful architecture change I made seamlessly midstream in a product.. something that was unsuccesful the previous two times. My advice for interviewers is to have a single most important achievement and have the explanation ready for why it is unique. Rest of the interview will get structured around it.

Interview Question – What makes you unique compared to other candidates   Answer Question

Engineering Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2013.

Interview Details – Career Background
Elaborate 2 Key Achievements
Elaborate 2 Challenging Situations
Strengths and Weaknesses
Knowledge about IT Technologies, especially SAP CRM
Knowledge about Business Domains such as Supply Chain Mgmt
Knowledge about Software Engineering Processes, especially Agile Development Methodology
Prior Challenges and Learnings with People Management
Personal Interests
Educations Background

Interview Question – Behavioral Interview   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Manager seemed to be only handling mundane people issues, with no competence in technology or business

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!