Intel Corporation

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Folsom, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details – gang interviews. Looking for qualification that you'd already have to be in the group to have. Group seemed to have an undefined charter yet were expecting specifics in employees. Not very well organized, no real strive to impress.

Interview Question – psych questions are stupid   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – group seemed overworked

DuPont, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – I was an out of state applicant and had to go through an hour long phone screen with the Test Engineer. The questions were technical in nature and related mostly to the lab/products I woukd be working with. Some questions were overly difficult and were not related, they served two purposes; first was to see if I would imbelish about my experience (they just wanted me to say I didn't kniw things), second was to see if I could then work out the answers as I was given information & guided along. Once I passed the phone screen, I met with; the hiring manager, lead technician, one engineer, and two junior technicians with different specialties. The manager asked detailes about my work history. The lead tech asked personality questions. The engineer asked very technical questions. And the two technicians asked operational questions about best ways to collect data, setup tests, amount of experience in certain skill sets, etc.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I had was from the Test Engineer over the phone. He knew I had taken a good bit of chemistry & physics and that one of my hobbies was lesrning about the cosmos...so he asked me to generally explain the basic process of nuclear fission as it related to a star. Obviouslly nothing related to computers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – with Intel, unless you are a senior manager or very senior engineer, you get one offer. There is no negotiating, and if you turn down Intel you cannot receive another offer for 5 years.

Very Easy Interview

Gilbert, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2008.

Interview Details – Very slow hiring process after interview. They pay for everything when coming from out of town for an interview, rental car, hotel, meals...

All questions are very general HR questions. The technical questions are non-specific to their technology. They just ask question on how you would troubleshoot a problem and how you would go about having a manual corrected that is incorrect.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were fair and counter offered like I figured they would but I negotiated even more and was only $2000/yr off my offer.

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2007.

Interview Details – The interview with Intel was the most rigorous interview I have been through. After submitting a written application the process began. It started with 2 phone interviews, the first one about my prior experience contracting with Intel, the second one consisting of more technical questions. The face to face interviews were conducted one after the other, with 6 different people. These meetings were held in small cubicles in the cafeteria. Each face to face lasted about 30 minutes. The questions ranged over many topics. Several of the questions were logic puzzles, such as "Why is a manhole cover round?" and "You are in a room with 3 switches. Each switch is connected to a lightbulb located in a different room. When you leave the room with the switches the door will lock behind you. How can you set each switch so that you can tell which switch is connected to which lightbulb?" Other questions were technical, and still others were about my past work experiences. I was made an offer within a few days of the interview. After accepting the offer I had to report to a medical center for a urine analysis drug screening.

Interview Questions

• There are 25 Netware workstations on a rack, attached to one Netware server. You can only get 20 to see the network at a time. What steps do you take to troubleshoot this?   View Answers (2)
  • Describe a conflict you have had at another job and the steps that you took to resolve it.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – The only negotiation was at the very beginning of the phone interview. During this time I was asked what pay range I was interested in. The offer came after the face to face interviews, and was at the very bottom of the range I had desired. They said that you couldn't just look at base pay, that you needed to look at "T-Comp" the total compensation package. This has some value, there are fairly large bonuses and an attractive stock purchase pland, but they also figured Intel's contribution to your health plan as part of your compensation which inflates the number quite a bit.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intel Corporation

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

At Intel, we're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun playing the new Intel ChipMan game As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation Engineering Technician interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees and interview candidates.