Intel Corporation

Updated Nov 15, 2014

4.1

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Campus Recruiting: Two 45-minute interviews back-to-back, 7 questions in each interview for 14 total questions. Some of the questions are repetitive, but they want to see if you improve your answer the second time. I talked to two employees that work in finance, not recruiters. They called me the next day to let me know I had an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to influence your superiors.
    Tell me about a time you had a difficult group member.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Nearly all hiring into Intel Finance is either right out of undergrad or from an MBA program. Rigorous review process typically consisting of pre-screen, on-campus interviews, then on-site interview. Interview questions are behavioral and test finance technical understanding as well as soft skills.

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

Only got through 1st round -
    1st round was a campus interview
    2 - 30 minute interviews -- the second one ran super long (50 minutes)
    Interviews were very technical -- very few behavioral questions and basically zero questions relating to your interest in Intel or the industry or why you are even sitting in the interview!
    One interview was about finance and even some supply chain technical questions straight off a piece of paper.
    The second interview was a business case that used some off the concepts talked about in the previous interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to convince your manager to make an investment of $1 M and there is no room in the budget - how would you do so?
      Who would you approach with a new idea? A manager, an colleague?
      How do you decide whether a project is worth it?
      What is the WACC? When does a company use this?
      How do you calculate the cost of equity?
      Would you capitalize an investment as an expense or treat it as an asset?
      What is the difference between the 3 financial statements? Please go through each of them and talk me through how they are connected.
      What is the competitive landscape of Intel?
      If I make an investment of say $ 1 M, walk me through how this affects all the statements.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2008.

Very long and very thorough

I was happy where I was

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2008.

I had two phone interviews. They were both technical and I thought I didn't get through after the first one b/c the questions were so hard but surprisingly, I got a second interview and then flown out to their Folsom, CA location for a day of multiple interviews. I did not get an offer.

Finance Analyst Interview

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2011.

Received a call for HR that they were interested. Had two initial screening interviews that lasted an average of about 45 mins each. Interviews were pretty comfortable with a mix of behavioral and technical questions. Received a callback the same day saying I was recommended for additional interviewing. Was flown out to a campus a couple weeks later.

There was an informal networking event over dinner the day before the interview, and I was able to speak with some employees (all of whom were nice and seemed to like Intel). You also get a presentation from some finance people before the dinner.

On the interview day, they split the candidates into different rooms and have three different interviewers rotate into the rooms for 45 minute interviews with breaks in between. These interviews are also a mix of technical/case and behavioral, with some interviewers leaning more heavily on one aspect than others.

About a week and a half after the interview I received an offer.

Specific advice: Tailor your technical/case answers in a way that demonstrates you know Intel's financial and market position. If you don't they'll ask you to.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time in which you made a mistake that cost your team.   View Answer
    • If you were Intel's CFO, what would keep you up at night?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2010.

Interview with 2 employees, 1 HR and 1 Finance. There was a mix of behavioral questions, mini cases to solve, and an overview of the background. Interviewers asked for detailed examples and were a little pushy in that sense. Two 1 hour interviews, a little bit longer than necessary, in my opinion.
    Overall, nice people, but tough questions!.

Interview Questions
    • Some senior officer tries to convince you about using better, unrealistic projections, because this project is too important to be rejected. How will you respond?   Answer Question