Intel Corporation

41 interviews

3.6

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Started with 2 45min on College Campus interviews with Controllers. Passed initial screening and went on to on-site interviews that lasted Thurs-Friday. Thursday there was a company/benefits overview. Friday I did 3 45min interviews with controllers, then a controller/analyst happy hour. All interviews were individual, no group.

Interview Questions
No negotiating. Everyone from my school got the same offer, Intel does their homework.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2013.

Started with resume drop, phone interview then on campus interview with two interviewers, 15-30min each. They came to my school but the position location was subject to availability. They both asked similar questions, a mix of behavioral and technical/accounting/finance questions.

Interview Questions
    • Factory is at capacity, no budget left in your department for purchasing equipment, and there is incredibly high demand (beyond supply), what do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Very good hiring process. After 2 phone call interviews, they send you to Portland on Thursday, have 3 face-to-face interviews on Friday, take you out to lunch, and you get an answer on Monday.

Interview Questions
    • I have two projects: X and Y. X has a higher NPV than Y, but lower ROI than Y. Which project should I pick?   View Answers (2)
    I was told that they don't negotiate, but this could just be me or finance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Interviews began with 2 phone conversations with two difference senior finance managers, and transitioned to an all day interview with 4 or 5 different finance managers - ranging from manager to controller.

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

My first round of interviews on my schools campus went very well, that got me a second round interview on Intel's campus. Looking back I feel like I was much more confident with that interview then on Intel's campus. My interviews on Intel's campus did not go so well. Both times I was notified very quickly about my results (within days). When I was not hired I was actually able to speak to an Intel HR employee for about 30 minutes and get some valuable feedback about how my interview went.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about forecasting a new product that would be creating a new market (think along the lines of what the iPad did when it came to market).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2014.

Phone interview and one on one interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2011.

Recruited from college - two interviews at school, then invited to on-site weekend. Weekend included dinner with other recruits and some managers, 4 45-minute interviews, and lunch with a current analyst to discuss culture and area.
    Process took a couple of months, but I was still in school. If you apply with experience, it probably wouldn't take as long.

Interview Questions
    • What financial controls would you put in place for a finance team at Intel?
      If you were CFO, what would be your top 3 priorities?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Applied through my MBA school. 2 30min back to back interviews with a lot of technical questions. Both the interviewers had a list of questions to ask mostly about pricing strategies as well as situational/behavioral. The interviews were tough especially as I was coming from a different background and had no direct experience in pricing. I asked what they were looking for in a candidate and they said logic and how the candidate handles difficult situation as they will teach the new hire all the other technical skills.

Interview Questions
    • You have a product that has a fixed cost of $15 and sells for $10. What would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Mostly Behavioral questions and what you know about Intel?
    Understand NPV's, and other financial analysis stuff.
    Standard behavioral questions like describe a time you had to meet strict deadlines for a project.

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

There was 2 back to back interviews and they both had same style so it was like you were interviewing on repeat mode over and over again. It had common behaviior questions like tell me about yourself and walk me through your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Asked you alot of situation questions based on a prior project they had   Answer Question

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!