Intel Corporation Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2015

3.5

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Campus Interview, networking event, 4-5 interviewees from different groups in finance.
Large number of candidates were called/flied in and also had an "orientation". Most questions wer on behavioral skills, I do not remember being asked any technical questions which was surprising for me.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do we know you will take this job this time? In the past, this job had been offered but I did not take it.
    2. Strengths/weaknesses etc
    3. Have you influenced a team in a difficult situation and how?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Interview/Hiring process was very quick. Only one round of interviews held on campus. The interview consisted of two 45-60 minute interviews. I interviewed on a Friday morning and they called with the decision on that same Friday night. About half of the questions are behavioral questions and the other half are technical.
    Behavioral Questions:
    Tell me about a time when you were working with a group and one of your group members was not pulling his or her weight. What did you do and what was the result.
    Technical Question:
    You purchase additional capital, how does this effect your Income Statement. (hint, think of depreciation)

Interview Questions

• Your manager tells you that you need to purchase additional capital however you do not have enough capital budget, how do you go about purchasing capital and recording it as an expense. What is the effect on your financial statements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Sacramento, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Was able to sign up for this interview through on campus recruitment at a California State University. The interview started with competency questions involving finance and accounting. What is a good value for NPV? Then went on to what type of analysis you would do when choosing between alternatives. And how you would address the general manager to what changes need to be implemented. Lastly, typical personal questions of overcoming and taking leadership. And about how you use creativity in work experience to make a decision and implement.

Interview Questions

• How to respond to the general manager who tells you to expense the amount needed over budget.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

Very good hiring process. After 2 phone call interviews, they send you to Portland on Thursday, have 3 face-to-face interviews on Friday, take you out to lunch, and you get an answer on Monday.

Interview Questions

• I have two projects: X and Y. X has a higher NPV than Y, but lower ROI than Y. Which project should I pick?   3 Answers

Negotiation

I was told that they don't negotiate, but this could just be me or finance.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview and one on one interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in November 2013.

Interview

My first round of interviews on my schools campus went very well, that got me a second round interview on Intel's campus. Looking back I feel like I was much more confident with that interview then on Intel's campus. My interviews on Intel's campus did not go so well. Both times I was notified very quickly about my results (within days). When I was not hired I was actually able to speak to an Intel HR employee for about 30 minutes and get some valuable feedback about how my interview went.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about forecasting a new product that would be creating a new market (think along the lines of what the iPad did when it came to market).   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through my MBA school. 2 30min back to back interviews with a lot of technical questions. Both the interviewers had a list of questions to ask mostly about pricing strategies as well as situational/behavioral. The interviews were tough especially as I was coming from a different background and had no direct experience in pricing. I asked what they were looking for in a candidate and they said logic and how the candidate handles difficult situation as they will teach the new hire all the other technical skills.

Interview Questions

• You have a product that has a fixed cost of $15 and sells for $10. What would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA).

Interview

Mostly Behavioral questions and what you know about Intel?
    Understand NPV's, and other financial analysis stuff.
    Standard behavioral questions like describe a time you had to meet strict deadlines for a project.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

There was 2 back to back interviews and they both had same style so it was like you were interviewing on repeat mode over and over again. It had common behaviior questions like tell me about yourself and walk me through your resume.

Interview Questions

• Asked you alot of situation questions based on a prior project they had   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Started with resume drop, phone interview then on campus interview with two interviewers, 15-30min each. They came to my school but the position location was subject to availability. They both asked similar questions, a mix of behavioral and technical/accounting/finance questions.

Interview Questions

• Factory is at capacity, no budget left in your department for purchasing equipment, and there is incredibly high demand (beyond supply), what do you do?   Answer Question