Intel Corporation

Updated Oct 29, 2014

3.6

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2008.

I went to the company for a seminar about their financial analyst program. It seemed very dreary and all the employees that spoke would introduce themselves followed by the amount of time they have left until their next sabbatical (vacation every 7 years). During the phone interview process, they ask extremely difficult questions followed by ones like "What does Intel Centrino mean to you?" I didn't get the job but found one with a better work environment, MUCH BETTER PAY, and awesome hours. I think I'm one of the lucky ones since Intel cut 1,000 jobs in Oregon alone.

Interview Questions
  • What does Intel Centrino mean to you?   View Answer
  • How does A/R and inventory fluctuations affect the income statement?   View Answers (2)

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2011.

Applied for the position through university and was offered a phone interview. I was emailed the interviewers name and position. I never received the call at the scheduled interview time. I followed up and another phone interview was scheduled. Every question asked was very technical in nature with none being behavioral. They seem to want a keyword for every question that they ask.

Interview Questions
    • What are some things to take into consideration for a pricing change?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2008.

Phone Screen with HR
    On-site Interviews (3)

Interview Questions
    • Difficult technical finance questions eg calculate ROI of a project etc   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

First round interview with 2 managers, 30 minutes each. Second round on site at Folsom, did not receive an offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I got an interview when I went to one of the career expositions which intel was present. I wasn't interviewed in an intel office so I don't know much about that. However, I did get the feeling that Intel is a very relaxed company. Once you get through to the interview stage, they want you to succeed. They were very friendly, and obviously had a lot of passion for the company. I think projecting passion for technology is a key thing that they look for. I went through two interviews back to back. Both were a mixture of technical and behavioral questions. For the technical questions you have to know basic finance. For the behavioral questions try and give a diverse range of examples. Keep it brief and try not to diverse away from the questions. On the bright side, if you do they pull you back with a follow up question. But you want to avoid that if you can.

Interview Questions
    • How are you able to identify the needs of a client so that you are able to provide the best service for them.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Got an interview through campus recruiting. Included phone screening and 2 back to back interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time when you had to do a job that was constantly changing?

We are releasing a new product and want to increase its revenue. How?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2013.

Applied the application online and had 2 phone interviews. The first interview was mostly about technical questions. You really need to know about finance stuff. The second interview was mostly behavioral questions (only one finance question). After the second interview, you will received an email whether you have passed the phone interview or not.

Interview Questions
    • •Tell me about yourself.
      •Which Intel location is your most preference?
      •Tell me about a time when you have to make a quick decision.
      •If your manager wants to add 2 new budgets for next year and the board of the director said they don’t have the money to do so, what would you present to your manager?
      •How would you reduce discount rate from 15% to 7.5% annually?
      •What do you think is the most important in financial control of a company?
      •How would you explain NPV (Net Present Value) to someone in engineering who knows nothing about Finance?
      •Why audit (in finance) is important?
      •How to calculate the discount rate?
      •Intel is the leader in chipmaker industry. It has 80% of share in market. What challenges do you think Intel faces for being in such position?
      •Tell me about a time when you face some challenges and how you overcome it? (includes the unique skill set you used)
      •Tell me about a time when you face a roadblock and how you overcome it.
      •Tell me about a time when you face difficulty and what would you have done differently.
      •You are in a team of creating a product in which a lot of people are counting on you. Your manager wants the projects to have a gross margin of 43% or more. There are 3 projects that has 45% of gross margin. Which projects would you recommend to your manager? Is it possible to have a low gross margin with a high NPV?

Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Phone screens and/or campus interviews. On site interivew if most of the day with a benefits overview

Interview Questions
    • There were not too many unknown or crazy questions. standard behavioral   Answer Question
    NO neogtiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2008.

Several rounds of interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

My first round of interviews on my schools campus went very well, that got me a second round interview on Intel's campus. Looking back I feel like I was much more confident with that interview then on Intel's campus. My interviews on Intel's campus did not go so well. Both times I was notified very quickly about my results (within days). When I was not hired I was actually able to speak to an Intel HR employee for about 30 minutes and get some valuable feedback about how my interview went.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about forecasting a new product that would be creating a new market (think along the lines of what the iPad did when it came to market).   Answer Question