Intel Corporation Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2015

3.5

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Campus Interview, networking event, 4-5 interviewees from different groups in finance.
Large number of candidates were called/flied in and also had an "orientation". Most questions wer on behavioral skills, I do not remember being asked any technical questions which was surprising for me.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do we know you will take this job this time? In the past, this job had been offered but I did not take it.
    2. Strengths/weaknesses etc
    3. Have you influenced a team in a difficult situation and how?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Came to college for brief introduction, followed up with 2 rounds of interviews in their campus.
    Round 1 -
    Case study, very relevant to their current initiatives (hint read 10K / presentations from company website)
    Case briefing for 30 min.
    30 min panel interview on previous work experience
    Round 2 -
    Mock spectator in a meeting followed by an hour of discussion on contents of that meeting. Again will help if you know what they are doing at that time.

Pretty engaged throughout the process, responsive in conveying the results back to candidates.

Interview Questions

• What are the current challenges in IOT? And what can we (intel) do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Sacramento, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Was able to sign up for this interview through on campus recruitment at a California State University. The interview started with competency questions involving finance and accounting. What is a good value for NPV? Then went on to what type of analysis you would do when choosing between alternatives. And how you would address the general manager to what changes need to be implemented. Lastly, typical personal questions of overcoming and taking leadership. And about how you use creativity in work experience to make a decision and implement.

Interview Questions

• How to respond to the general manager who tells you to expense the amount needed over budget.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Interview/Hiring process was very quick. Only one round of interviews held on campus. The interview consisted of two 45-60 minute interviews. I interviewed on a Friday morning and they called with the decision on that same Friday night. About half of the questions are behavioral questions and the other half are technical.
    Behavioral Questions:
    Tell me about a time when you were working with a group and one of your group members was not pulling his or her weight. What did you do and what was the result.
    Technical Question:
    You purchase additional capital, how does this effect your Income Statement. (hint, think of depreciation)

Interview Questions

• Your manager tells you that you need to purchase additional capital however you do not have enough capital budget, how do you go about purchasing capital and recording it as an expense. What is the effect on your financial statements.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Interview

Started with 2 45min on College Campus interviews with Controllers. Passed initial screening and went on to on-site interviews that lasted Thurs-Friday. Thursday there was a company/benefits overview. Friday I did 3 45min interviews with controllers, then a controller/analyst happy hour. All interviews were individual, no group.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. Everyone from my school got the same offer, Intel does their homework.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Started with resume drop, phone interview then on campus interview with two interviewers, 15-30min each. They came to my school but the position location was subject to availability. They both asked similar questions, a mix of behavioral and technical/accounting/finance questions.

Interview Questions

• Factory is at capacity, no budget left in your department for purchasing equipment, and there is incredibly high demand (beyond supply), what do you do?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2012.

Interview

College Relationship promotion. Phone 1:1 Interview. Panel face to face interview which include technical question of accounting knowledge, corporate finance scope and costing. Skill Assessment in term of soft skills. Good opportunity to discuss on job area preference. Overall, it is a smooth flow until you get hired and assign a buddy to help integrate into Intel's culture

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Beijing, Beijing (China)).

Interview

it is a 1 on 1 interview by the financial manager from intel.
    Firstly, you need to self-introduction, don't do it too long;
    Then, interviewer will review your CV and check some experiece with you,very easy.No need to rush into details.
    Then it is the scenario questions(2-3 financial related). Put yourself in the position and analyze what you will do under that situation. Try ro be logical.
    at last, one question for them. 30 minuts in total.

Interview Questions

• If sales director come to you for more budget based on the prediction that sales will increase 15% next year. What will you do(check) as a financial analyst?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

Very good hiring process. After 2 phone call interviews, they send you to Portland on Thursday, have 3 face-to-face interviews on Friday, take you out to lunch, and you get an answer on Monday.

Interview Questions

• I have two projects: X and Y. X has a higher NPV than Y, but lower ROI than Y. Which project should I pick?   3 Answers

Negotiation

I was told that they don't negotiate, but this could just be me or finance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in November 2011.

Interview

Interviews began with 2 phone conversations with two difference senior finance managers, and transitioned to an all day interview with 4 or 5 different finance managers - ranging from manager to controller.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation