Intel Corporation

Updated Aug 11, 2014

3.6

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Very good hiring process. After 2 phone call interviews, they send you to Portland on Thursday, have 3 face-to-face interviews on Friday, take you out to lunch, and you get an answer on Monday.

Interview Questions
  • I have two projects: X and Y. X has a higher NPV than Y, but lower ROI than Y. Which project should I pick?   View Answers (2)
I was told that they don't negotiate, but this could just be me or finance.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Interviews began with 2 phone conversations with two difference senior finance managers, and transitioned to an all day interview with 4 or 5 different finance managers - ranging from manager to controller.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

My first round of interviews on my schools campus went very well, that got me a second round interview on Intel's campus. Looking back I feel like I was much more confident with that interview then on Intel's campus. My interviews on Intel's campus did not go so well. Both times I was notified very quickly about my results (within days). When I was not hired I was actually able to speak to an Intel HR employee for about 30 minutes and get some valuable feedback about how my interview went.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about forecasting a new product that would be creating a new market (think along the lines of what the iPad did when it came to market).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2013.

Applied the application online and had 2 phone interviews. The first interview was mostly about technical questions. You really need to know about finance stuff. The second interview was mostly behavioral questions (only one finance question). After the second interview, you will received an email whether you have passed the phone interview or not.

Interview Questions
    • •Tell me about yourself.
      •Which Intel location is your most preference?
      •Tell me about a time when you have to make a quick decision.
      •If your manager wants to add 2 new budgets for next year and the board of the director said they don’t have the money to do so, what would you present to your manager?
      •How would you reduce discount rate from 15% to 7.5% annually?
      •What do you think is the most important in financial control of a company?
      •How would you explain NPV (Net Present Value) to someone in engineering who knows nothing about Finance?
      •Why audit (in finance) is important?
      •How to calculate the discount rate?
      •Intel is the leader in chipmaker industry. It has 80% of share in market. What challenges do you think Intel faces for being in such position?
      •Tell me about a time when you face some challenges and how you overcome it? (includes the unique skill set you used)
      •Tell me about a time when you face a roadblock and how you overcome it.
      •Tell me about a time when you face difficulty and what would you have done differently.
      •You are in a team of creating a product in which a lot of people are counting on you. Your manager wants the projects to have a gross margin of 43% or more. There are 3 projects that has 45% of gross margin. Which projects would you recommend to your manager? Is it possible to have a low gross margin with a high NPV?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Have a lot of experiences from past club and leaderships positions so that you can relate your experiences towards the position. Be ready to answer technical and behavioral questions and be as specific and in depth as possible because recruiters want to see how much you learned in your college career while seeing how you stand apart from your peers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had a difficult situation and how you overcame that?   Answer Question
    • Explain the importance of financial controls in a company?   Answer Question
    • How would you reduce the discount rate in half?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2010.

I applied online through their website. Got 2 phone call interviews. if you pass these 2, they will fly you to Oregon for the On site interview. Both Behavioral and technical question. Hard but not that stressful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2010.

I submited my resumee and cover letter to companys website. Then weeks letter I got this e-mail, which was saying that I was schedule for phone interview on this date and time. Interview lasted less than 5 minites. I was a personal question. And the guy old me if I am selected for further interview, I will receive a call from him again. Never get a call back then.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2010.

I applied in November for a Graduate position and didn't hear back until May, but at least I heard back! Was offered a phone interview- which was awful! It was my first time being asked technical finance questions in an interview-applying stuff I learned in the classroom to business situations. He was obviously looking for key words though, and even though I could explain what the answer was he wasn't satisfied until I finally got to that key word which made it very awkward and strained. I ended the interview sure I was out, but I was offered another one-not sure if 2 interviews is the standard or not, but it was a surprise!

Second interview went a lot better. Pretty much the same technical questions, which I now knew the answers to. And the typical situational questions and questions about Intel itself. Went a lot better and I got through to the next round-an on-site interview. Unfortunately, I was traveling when they had the on-site interviews and they had hired someone by the time I returned.

Overall it was am intense and stressful couple interviews, but once I knew what key concepts the interviewer was looking for it was easier as I did actually know the stuff. I guess thats where practice comes in handy!

Interview Questions
    • Your manager gives you the current list of projects on the cards and says that X amount needs to be cut from the budget. How do you decide what projects to cut and how do you justify it to your manager.   View Answer
    • Tell me a time when something went seriously wrong in a project you were working on and what you did to fix it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2009.

1. Resume submitted online for financial analyst position, through university's career services website.

2. First round: call from Intel; spoke with someone about my background; was asked to explain to previous internships. This was a very easy interview...they just wanted to see if you were potentially worth their time.

3. Round two: two back-to-back phone interviews with financial analysts (or managers?) at the Hillsboro, Oregon site. Format was standard...about five behavioral questions ("Give me an example of when..."), with one or two technical questions ("What considerations does a global company need to be make?", "if you had one financial statement, which would it be and why?").

4. Round three: Flown out to Hillsboro, Oregon for three on-site interviews; similar to phone interviews (mix of behavioral and technical questions); interviews conducted by financial analysts (senior and/or manager, I think).

* On-site interview was great; Intel paid for all travel (including hotel, flight, rental car, and daily spending money); they also paid for me to stay an extra two days, so candidates could check out Portland and Hillsboro.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time you influenced management to change an important decision.   View Answer
    • Would you describe Sarbanes-Oxley legislation and how you feel about it.   View Answer
    • Give an example of a time that you influenced a major decision?   Answer Question
    • You are a financial analyst supporting a project design/engineering team. There are two possible products that could be brought to market, but your budget only allows for one to be implemented. How do you choose which one to support?   View Answer
    • Give an example of when you had multiple projects due with a limited amount of time available. How did you budget your time between the two projects?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2008.

I went to the company for a seminar about their financial analyst program. It seemed very dreary and all the employees that spoke would introduce themselves followed by the amount of time they have left until their next sabbatical (vacation every 7 years). During the phone interview process, they ask extremely difficult questions followed by ones like "What does Intel Centrino mean to you?" I didn't get the job but found one with a better work environment, MUCH BETTER PAY, and awesome hours. I think I'm one of the lucky ones since Intel cut 1,000 jobs in Oregon alone.

Interview Questions
    • What does Intel Centrino mean to you?   View Answer
    • How does A/R and inventory fluctuations affect the income statement?   View Answers (2)

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!