Intel Corporation

Updated Sep 14, 2014

100 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Client Side Server Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2014.

It was very smooth and easy. Basic questions on Hardware, computer architecture and Operating systems which I believe everyone should know. The hardware questions involved knowledge of lab instruments like oscilloscopes , probes, and kernal debugger than asking about actual logic/chip design

Core OS Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

I was contacted in March, 2014 by a recruiter. One Engineer called me and asked OS based questions such as semaphore, interrupt controller etc. Then he called for onsite right away. Onsite interview consisted of 6 interviews. I was asked about cache coherency protocols like MSI, MESI, their state diagrams and explain each transition. Other questions include bit manipulation, optimization of algorithms, codes, operating system concepts etc.

Interview Questions
    • optimization of algorithms, codes sometimes are bit challenging   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Only one round of Phone Interview followed by background check
    Started with general info..about the available date and how long you will be available.
    1.SRAM
    2. Projects in the Resume
    3. Question on MOSFET current equations
    4. Setup and Hold time of a Flip Flop and Latch.
    5. Improving the timing of the combination path between two flops.
    6 Time borrowing

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are expected and easy and are related the job role.   View Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I had an interview in February. It went really well, they seemed impressed by the questions i asked. After sending a thank you letter I was told i didn't get to job but, to reapply for the summer position.

I applied for summer, did a conference phone interview in March and was offered the position less than a week later!

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview was difficult because people were all talking at once or quickly.   Answer Question

Mask Layout Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Extremely professional and efficient. Questions were spot-on, all interviewers were on time and on target. Opportunity to exhibit expertise well supported. Great management, great people, great company.

Interview Questions
    Very simple and satisfying.

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

gang interviews. Looking for qualification that you'd already have to be in the group to have. Group seemed to have an undefined charter yet were expecting specifics in employees. Not very well organized, no real strive to impress.

group seemed overworked

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Had a phone interview with many small questions related to computer architecture, operating systems and programming. Then offered onsite interview.

Onsite interview was with 5 different people. Each kind of tried to cover different topics. Again questions came from computer architecture (i/o, memory hierarchy etc.), operating systems (cache consistency, virtual memory etc.), programming (c,c++,assembly). Last interviewer asked more general questions what would you do if you were in this case, what do you think about future of computers etc.

Interview Questions
    • Not about being difficult but they kind of tried to focus on and ask about things that I haven't mentioned in my resume or told them on phone interview such as virtualization, assembly programming etc. If you were looking for someone who already have experience with all of those you shouldn't have invited me for onsite. Or at least do not take them into account and look whether I can learn them or not.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2014.

Applied for full time position at a university career fair. They were very interested in my PhD background. They gave me a phone interview after few days. The interview was one hour. I was asked about CS topics like: OS, Computer Architecture, Algorithms. After that I was offered an onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • OS:
      Preemptive scheduling

Linked list
        Answer Question

Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

no behavioral questions, easy but its not for full time work so it makes sense

Graphics Design Automation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Full day interview started at 8.30 am until 4.00 pm. Several rounds of interviews which included resume review, programming and scripting, VLSI (hardware), behavioral and general aptitude.

Interview Questions
    Complications due to multiple offers (base pay matching etc). Once I made my decision, it was ok.