Intel Corporation

2.7

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hudson, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

I had one 1:1 phone interview with one of the team members. He asked me about my PhD research and asked me several questions about the problem I am trying to solve and the novelty of the work. He briefly described the project I was going to work on, and I asked him several questions. It was a positive experience. After a week or so, I was offered the internship.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

The interview process takes place through a phone call most of the time and it lasts for 20 min to 30 min

Interview Questions
    • Explain MESI protocol
      Cache design,Memory and Pipelining
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2013.

I had two phone interviews with two members of the team. First interview was not great but the second one was great. They asked me about the skills needed to do the internships and also about my PhD work. They needed someone for a long term internship like 9 months or more. I was OK with that.

Interview Questions
    • Before preparing for the phone screen, have a good look at the job req. Make sure you advertise those of your skill that are needed for the job. It is ok not to have all the skills. Nobody has that.   Answer Question

Graduate Intern Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2010.

My profile was passed on to a group by a recruiter I had met at a conference. I was then contacted by email to set up a phone interview. After completing the first interview, I was asked to set up a second interview with another person in the group. The two interviews were about 75 mins each, starting off with asking about broad knowledge and by the middle of the interview, became highly technical in nature. The interviewers were very smart.

Graduate Technical Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2011.

He just asked me to explain my projects.. one of the hr had forwarded my resume. he asked me in very much details as to what was my project about. how was it related to their opening. and also he asked me about my coding experience in java

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2009.

After I submitted my resume online, I got a call from the person who later became my supervisor. He asked me about the area of my interest in wireless networks. He also described the project that they are working on (WiMAX networks). Intel has developed a board for WiMAX networks and they want me to do research on it. He asked if I can do this and I said yes. Later, the person who is a reference on my resume told that the manager has asked him about me and that they were about to give me an offer. I got called later by the human resources department at Intel and they told that I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your research and area of interest. And how this relates to the project of the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2011.

The intern position was with a path-finding group with FPGAs at Intel. Major skills required were FPGA experience, Linux experience, device drivers in Linux. Had two phone interviews due to geography problems. First phone interview was mainly a resume walk through with concentration on Computer Architecture, projects, etc.
    Second phone interview was a in-depth technical interview with hardware questions.
    Q: How would you build a FIFO using BRAM?
    Q: Can you build a BRAM with one read port and one write port? Two read ports and one write port? Two read ports and two write ports? How would you expand the data width of the memory given that you only have 8-bit wide BRAMs available on the FPGA?
    Q: Do you know the MESI cache coherence protocol? How does it work? Given that a particular cache line is in <some arbitrary> state with processor 0, what happens when processor 1 requests the same cache line from memory?
    The interviewers were very willing to repeat and clarify their questions due to phone interference, and willing to provide answers to their questions once I mentioned I was unsure about the answer. Eventually, Intel froze hiring till Dec 2011 and the position was cut, thus did not receive an offer. Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Q: How would you build a FIFO using BRAM?   View Answer
    • Can you build a BRAM with one read port and one write port? Two read ports and one write port? Two read ports and two write ports? How would you expand the data width of the memory given that you only have 8-bit wide BRAMs available on the FPGA?   View Answer
    • Do you know the MESI cache coherence protocol? How does it work? Given that a particular cache line is in <some arbitrary> state with processor 0, what happens when processor 1 requests the same cache line from memory?   View Answer

Graduate Technical Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2011.

questions mainly from computer architecture and digital design
    (a) questions on pipelining and memory hierarchy
    (b) setup and hold time questions, 2's complement arithmetic, state machine design (differences between Mealy and Moore; sequence detector)
    (c) carry look ahead adder design; CMOS transistor level design questions
    (d) latch and flip-flop differences and deign questions; area-power constraints in latch-based and flip-flop based design
    (e) basic verilog code for flip-flops; blocking and non-blocking assignments sequencing and others
    (f) questions from projects and papers listed on resume

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

1. Received a mail from a member of the team that he was interested in interviewing me.
    2. Set a date for phone interview. [They were quite flexible and they had changed the schedule on request]
    3. Before ending the phone interview they told me that I stood a good chance for the next round.
    4. Directly got a call from the manager with the offer.

Interview Questions
    Pay scale was good. DId not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Interview started with basic information regarding education and past experience.It was technical interview for interns so it was not in depth.But quality of questions were good.Couple of problem solving questions were asked related to vlsi.

Interview Questions
    • A question on inverter sizing to minimize rise and fall time.   Answer Question

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!