Intel Corporation

Updated Nov 13, 2014

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Applied Online for the position also was referred by a friend for the position.The process took two to three weeks.Both rounds were telephonic.
In the first round was asked about my resume, couple of projects that I had listed on my resume and some basic question like pointers, diff between pass by value and pass by reference, and some os related questions like semaphores, scheduling algorithms.

Interview Questions
  • The second round was a week after the first one and was questioned on C/C++ basics like static, extern keyword, inheritance, polymorphism virtual functions. Also was asked some logical questions like reversing a string(how would you do it and tell some test cases for it).Identifying the the no of bits set in a char.Also some questions on virtual memory, paging segmentation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2012.

I got a call from HR and they scheduled a interview(technical). Then they called me onsite. I just got the confirmation on the same day.

Interview Questions

due to personal reasons but i still regret about my decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2012.

phone interview consisted of questions on comp arch, binary logic, basic oops concepts
    one-one consisted of comp arch, system design, behavioral questions

non negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2011.

Started with the phone call where many general questions were asked trying to see if I am at all eligible for the job. Then, after getting selected, I got the on-site interview call where I was intensively questioned on many topics by different people of the interview panel. Each tried to focus on a particular set of expertise but their questions were pretty difficult, thus ensuring that the selected candidate is completely tested in term of his/her academic credentials.

Interview Questions
    • Explain memory management in operating systems?   Answer Question
    • How critical sections can be synchronized and a variety of situations regarding it?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because I was satisfied with what I was offered. And I would definitely advice others to not let this company go because there is a plenty to learn at Intel and is a great opportunity for professional growth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2011.

1. HR contact
    2. Phone interview with hiring manager.
    3. Onstie interview with 7 engineers, including 2 managers
    4. wait for 2 weeks to get offer

Interview Questions
    • Why using C++ to write FW instead of C (relevant to my previous job), compare pros and cons   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate because I'm so eager to change a job. so I didn't get a good salary.

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gdańsk (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gdańsk (Poland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2010.

Mostly technical interview. Some managers as well as engineers asking questions on me, my background, experience, salary expectations. Technical questions, mostly C/C++ and object programming oriented. Simple English language check. Easy interview for someone with software programming experience.

Interview Questions
    • One unexpected logical-mathemathics question. Easy to answer if you think about it (so checking reasoning ability)   Answer Question
    Wasn't able to negotiate too much (like salary).