Intel Corporation

3.1

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2013.

Hiring Manager sent an email asking my availability. Job description was for configuring CAD tools according to requirements. He went over my resume, especially projects related to VLSI. He wanted to know if I was familiar with the whole process flow of design. Was also interested in knowing my knowledge of fabrication and asked questions based on how to reduce capacitance in interconnects (use a dielectric with low relative permittivity). Also asked a simple algorithmic question related to an IF condition. Anyway, he staged another two rounds of interview over call, this time with his team for them to assess. The first group asked questions about basics of circuit design, like what are the advantages of using CMOS design and the necessity of both NMOS and PMOS. They also ventured to ask what parallel computing is all about (since that's on my resume). Asked me how I could use MPI to optimize Cadence (weird?). Asked if I minded doing a more software based job. The next team asked more relevant questions. Question on what will be the delay if there is a resistance and a capacitance at the output of an inverter. Also a question on body biasing. Asked if I knew PERL scripting. Asked if I knew SKILL (apparently that's the language they use to optimize their CAD tools). Asked how I would go about implementing a design process (schematic, simulation, floorplanning, layout etc.). Asked if I knew UNIX (basics). Asked what is grep for.

Interview Questions
  • Fabrication related, something about the interconnect process that I can't seem to remember.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2012.

Contacted by the group Manager by email. Was asked if I was available for a phone screen and given some days/dates as time slots to choose from. I replied back with my availability. Never received a call even after emailing to confirm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

Apply on April?and get interview at the end of May, Intel CCDO group.

Interview Questions
    • 10.VIA, CONTACT's function in layout
      11.what is cache?and its tradeoff
      12 what's the concept of page in memory
      13.what is virtual memory
      14.what is cache replacement policy?
      15.do you know any script language? I said I know perl.Then some following questions about regular expression
      16.what is stack
      17.what is recursive
      18.what is array
      19.what is hash table?what' the difference of it and array?
      20.what is RISC & CISC?what is intel using now?
      21.what is pipeline?intel uses how many stage?
      22.do you anything about PLL, what's that for?
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2011.

The interviewer/manager called me the day before to ask if I was interested in interviewing for a HW design position. This position was an entry-level/college grad position with Intel UMG to get Intel chips into phones. Questions were mostly about hardware not overly difficult but you definitely need to know your IA and embedded systems basics. I personally got very nervous to the point that I couldn't remember some of the most rudimentary things. The guy understood that I was nervous and was very nice and gave me feedback on what he thought of my answers.

Interview Questions
    • when you open your computer, what are the parts that you see. Describe their functionality and how they all work together.   Answer Question
    • What are the differences and similarities between phone and computer hardware.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Went to a tech talk by the company when they were at our career fair. A very short overview of the comany followed by a more in depth view of the presenter's group and its relationship to products. A phone interview followed that, and then a day long on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest technical problem I overcame during my coursework and what made it challenging.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2011.

I had a phone interview and was asked basics of comp arch. Then i was called for onsite and i had 7 rounds of technical interview in comp arch, verification of ASIC, logic design, circuits etc

Interview Questions
    • Design a digital logic for LRU algorithm.
      Divide clock divide by 13 circuit

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2010.

Architecture questions

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2009.

Was contacted via email by one of the engineers on the team and scheduled a phone interview. During the interview we mainly talked about my programming classes in college and then she asked a question about modification to the code of one of the projects I wrote. Also she asked the difference between global and local variables with regard to their location in memory.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2008.

I was contacted and flown out. Interview day was 6 hours and I was interviewed by 5 different folks.

All of the questions were technical and specific in nature - it was a very "typical" hardware interview - know pipeline stages, know how to make HSM diagrams, know how to simplify logic, know some facts about sizing and logical effort and fanout and speed and what makes a circuit fast or slow. Know setup and hold. Overall it was a very complete interview, but most questions were not of a "tricky" nature, and very little was behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • If you measured Vcc with a probe on the middle of a chip, what would you expect to measure? Vss?   View Answer
    I negotiated a $6500 signing bonus with no effort. I merely expressed concern at being underpaid.

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2012.

It was a good experience. I got an email for phone screen interview after applying online. Manager short-listed my profile and invited for onsite interview. All the arrangements for travel and accommodation were done neatly in time. Interviewers were knowledgeable and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral :
      How you would react during ambiguity, conflicts - decision making process.
      How you have proven yourself in various situations.
    • Technical :