Intel Corporation Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

3.2

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Professional and thorough, asked a lot of tough questions. Went through 3 rounds of interviews, enjoyed the conversation and felt that I learned a lot about the team and the type of projects that they work on.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest obstacle I had to overcome in my previous work experience.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Fort Collins, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

1 phone interview. Mainly about my resume. on site interview with 5 different managers plus behavioural interview. Asked about verilog, synthesis, layout, computer architecture. Delay and power consumption. Different methodology for layout. Timing analysis. RC delay, charge sharing. questions about SRAM. Different components of sram. Verilog to layout using synopsis or cadence.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Fort Collins, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Went through three interviews: one on university campus, a phone interview, then on site. The on site interview was broken into five major sections each with a different engineer: computer architecture, logic, validation, software, and general personality questions. Individual questions were simple and straight forward, but the interview covered a very wide breadth of topics.

Interview Questions

• Create a test plan for a simple ALU where operands are stored on a stack.   Answer Question
    • How do you synchronize a signal between two clock domains?   Answer Question
    • Design a spice rack for the blind.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Architecture questions

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Mexico City (Mexico)).

Interview

The interview began with questions about my experience about power electronics, PCB design, DC-DC converters, and other power electronics issues. The interview was in spanish while they were reading my cv, there were two people, one asking and the second taking notes, the questions were very specific and showed a clear interest on DC-DC converter design.

Interview Questions

• Draw the buck converter schematic and explain its working principle. Do you know or have designed multilevel converters?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in December 2011.

Interview

The interviewer/manager called me the day before to ask if I was interested in interviewing for a HW design position. This position was an entry-level/college grad position with Intel UMG to get Intel chips into phones. Questions were mostly about hardware not overly difficult but you definitely need to know your IA and embedded systems basics. I personally got very nervous to the point that I couldn't remember some of the most rudimentary things. The guy understood that I was nervous and was very nice and gave me feedback on what he thought of my answers.

Interview Questions

• when you open your computer, what are the parts that you see. Describe their functionality and how they all work together.   Answer Question
    • What are the differences and similarities between phone and computer hardware.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by a technical recruiter initially, followed by a phone interview by 3 people followed by an onsite interview (full day - 5 sessions on Hardware design)

Interview Questions

I was selected but felt that the company culture was not a fit - too much expected from the employee for the pay - an RCG would be a fit but not an experienced candidate with family commitments.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

Interview

On-site interview. During seven hours, I met several interviewers who have various backgrounds. I got questions about my major, electronics, almost all. Honestly, it was difficult to answer those questions because I just prepared my current research area (I'm a Ph.D. candidate) and I forgot electronics. Although I could not get an offer, I think that this interview is a good experience to me. I could understand what interviewers asks and how I should answer now. If you would be a student of an electrical and computer engineering, I recommend that you should review a book of electronics, especially a CMOS circuit.

Interview Questions

• A simple circuit (four CMOS). If one CMOS is not working, what happens on an output?   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haifa (Israel)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Haifa (Israel)) in January 2008.

Interview

There are two interviews with technical engineers (most likely form same team/group). Both interviews are more a like the same with first part an intrduction about Intel and specific job descripyion. Second part is personal information questions and the last part is techinical questions from hardware fields (logic design,verification, programming skills...).

Interview Questions

• They tend to ask loigical questions like mathmatics riddles.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in May 2012.

Interview

Apply on April?and get interview at the end of May, Intel CCDO group.

Interview Questions

• 10.VIA, CONTACT's function in layout 11.what is cache?and its tradeoff 12 what's the concept of page in memory 13.what is virtual memory 14.what is cache replacement policy? 15.do you know any script language? I said I know perl.Then some following questions about regular expression 16.what is stack 17.what is recursive 18.what is array 19.what is hash table?what' the difference of it and array? 20.what is RISC & CISC?what is intel using now? 21.what is pipeline?intel uses how many stage? 22.do you anything about PLL, what's that for?   2 Answers