Intel Corporation

Intel Corporation Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2009.

I was contacted by a technical recruiter initially, followed by a phone interview by 3 people followed by an onsite interview (full day - 5 sessions on Hardware design)

Interview Questions

I was selected but felt that the company culture was not a fit - too much expected from the employee for the pay - an RCG would be a fit but not an experienced candidate with family commitments.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2011.

The interviewer/manager called me the day before to ask if I was interested in interviewing for a HW design position. This position was an entry-level/college grad position with Intel UMG to get Intel chips into phones. Questions were mostly about hardware not overly difficult but you definitely need to know your IA and embedded systems basics. I personally got very nervous to the point that I couldn't remember some of the most rudimentary things. The guy understood that I was nervous and was very nice and gave me feedback on what he thought of my answers.

Interview Questions
    • when you open your computer, what are the parts that you see. Describe their functionality and how they all work together.   Answer Question
    • What are the differences and similarities between phone and computer hardware.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

On-site interview.
    During seven hours, I met several interviewers who have various backgrounds. I got questions about my major, electronics, almost all. Honestly, it was difficult to answer those questions because I just prepared my current research area (I'm a Ph.D. candidate) and I forgot electronics.
    Although I could not get an offer, I think that this interview is a good experience to me. I could understand what interviewers asks and how I should answer now.
    If you would be a student of an electrical and computer engineering, I recommend that you should review a book of electronics, especially a CMOS circuit.

Interview Questions
    • A simple circuit (four CMOS). If one CMOS is not working, what happens on an output?   View Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haifa (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haifa (Israel)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2008.

There are two interviews with technical engineers (most likely form same team/group). Both interviews are more a like the same with first part an intrduction about Intel and specific job descripyion. Second part is personal information questions and the last part is techinical questions from hardware fields (logic design,verification, programming skills...).

Interview Questions
    • They tend to ask loigical questions like mathmatics riddles.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2010.

Architecture questions

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Just have long (more than one hour) phone interview. Timing problem

Interview Questions
    • what is setup time and hold time? Do you know the difference?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

Apply on April?and get interview at the end of May, Intel CCDO group.

Interview Questions
    • 10.VIA, CONTACT's function in layout
      11.what is cache?and its tradeoff
      12 what's the concept of page in memory
      13.what is virtual memory
      14.what is cache replacement policy?
      15.do you know any script language? I said I know perl.Then some following questions about regular expression
      16.what is stack
      17.what is recursive
      18.what is array
      19.what is hash table?what' the difference of it and array?
      20.what is RISC & CISC?what is intel using now?
      21.what is pipeline?intel uses how many stage?
      22.do you anything about PLL, what's that for?
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2013.

Hiring Manager sent an email asking my availability. Job description was for configuring CAD tools according to requirements. He went over my resume, especially projects related to VLSI. He wanted to know if I was familiar with the whole process flow of design. Was also interested in knowing my knowledge of fabrication and asked questions based on how to reduce capacitance in interconnects (use a dielectric with low relative permittivity). Also asked a simple algorithmic question related to an IF condition. Anyway, he staged another two rounds of interview over call, this time with his team for them to assess. The first group asked questions about basics of circuit design, like what are the advantages of using CMOS design and the necessity of both NMOS and PMOS. They also ventured to ask what parallel computing is all about (since that's on my resume). Asked me how I could use MPI to optimize Cadence (weird?). Asked if I minded doing a more software based job. The next team asked more relevant questions. Question on what will be the delay if there is a resistance and a capacitance at the output of an inverter. Also a question on body biasing. Asked if I knew PERL scripting. Asked if I knew SKILL (apparently that's the language they use to optimize their CAD tools). Asked how I would go about implementing a design process (schematic, simulation, floorplanning, layout etc.). Asked if I knew UNIX (basics). Asked what is grep for.

Interview Questions
    • Fabrication related, something about the interconnect process that I can't seem to remember.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2011.

3 rounds of F2F Interview
    Round 1: 1 hour technical interview
    Round 2: 1 hour technical interview
    Round 3: 30 mins behavioral interview

Interview Questions
    • Why do we use universal gates and not other gates in VLSI circuits   View Answer
    I was offered job as Intern

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2009.

Went through a simple written test. Though all teams do not conduct this. But the team i was interviewed for had written test. Then two technical interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Technical is easy. But behavioral questions are tricky.   View Answer
    No negotiation was done.