Intel Corporation

3.1

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gainesville, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2013.

Hiring Manager sent an email asking my availability. Job description was for configuring CAD tools according to requirements. He went over my resume, especially projects related to VLSI. He wanted to know if I was familiar with the whole process flow of design. Was also interested in knowing my knowledge of fabrication and asked questions based on how to reduce capacitance in interconnects (use a dielectric with low relative permittivity). Also asked a simple algorithmic question related to an IF condition. Anyway, he staged another two rounds of interview over call, this time with his team for them to assess. The first group asked questions about basics of circuit design, like what are the advantages of using CMOS design and the necessity of both NMOS and PMOS. They also ventured to ask what parallel computing is all about (since that's on my resume). Asked me how I could use MPI to optimize Cadence (weird?). Asked if I minded doing a more software based job. The next team asked more relevant questions. Question on what will be the delay if there is a resistance and a capacitance at the output of an inverter. Also a question on body biasing. Asked if I knew PERL scripting. Asked if I knew SKILL (apparently that's the language they use to optimize their CAD tools). Asked how I would go about implementing a design process (schematic, simulation, floorplanning, layout etc.). Asked if I knew UNIX (basics). Asked what is grep for.

Interview Questions
  • Fabrication related, something about the interconnect process that I can't seem to remember.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2012.

Contacted by the group Manager by email. Was asked if I was available for a phone screen and given some days/dates as time slots to choose from. I replied back with my availability. Never received a call even after emailing to confirm.

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2012.

It was a good experience. I got an email for phone screen interview after applying online. Manager short-listed my profile and invited for onsite interview. All the arrangements for travel and accommodation were done neatly in time. Interviewers were knowledgeable and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral :
      How you would react during ambiguity, conflicts - decision making process.
      How you have proven yourself in various situations.
        Answer Question
    • Technical :
      Signal Integrity, System architecture
        Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

On-site interview.
    During seven hours, I met several interviewers who have various backgrounds. I got questions about my major, electronics, almost all. Honestly, it was difficult to answer those questions because I just prepared my current research area (I'm a Ph.D. candidate) and I forgot electronics.
    Although I could not get an offer, I think that this interview is a good experience to me. I could understand what interviewers asks and how I should answer now.
    If you would be a student of an electrical and computer engineering, I recommend that you should review a book of electronics, especially a CMOS circuit.

Interview Questions
    • A simple circuit (four CMOS). If one CMOS is not working, what happens on an output?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

Apply on April?and get interview at the end of May, Intel CCDO group.

Interview Questions
    • 10.VIA, CONTACT's function in layout
      11.what is cache?and its tradeoff
      12 what's the concept of page in memory
      13.what is virtual memory
      14.what is cache replacement policy?
      15.do you know any script language? I said I know perl.Then some following questions about regular expression
      16.what is stack
      17.what is recursive
      18.what is array
      19.what is hash table?what' the difference of it and array?
      20.what is RISC & CISC?what is intel using now?
      21.what is pipeline?intel uses how many stage?
      22.do you anything about PLL, what's that for?
        View Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2012.

They called me and did a 1 hour tech interview. The interviewer is nice.

Interview Questions
    • 1. A lot of digital design questions, like k-map, state machine, the difference between latch and flip-flop, advantage of latch   Answer Question
    • linux question, grep   Answer Question
    • Difference between DRAM and SRAM   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2011.

The interviewer/manager called me the day before to ask if I was interested in interviewing for a HW design position. This position was an entry-level/college grad position with Intel UMG to get Intel chips into phones. Questions were mostly about hardware not overly difficult but you definitely need to know your IA and embedded systems basics. I personally got very nervous to the point that I couldn't remember some of the most rudimentary things. The guy understood that I was nervous and was very nice and gave me feedback on what he thought of my answers.

Interview Questions
    • when you open your computer, what are the parts that you see. Describe their functionality and how they all work together.   Answer Question
    • What are the differences and similarities between phone and computer hardware.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

It was a phone interview for Back-end Hardware Engineer. I didn't have any into about the interviewer and thought he was an internal recruiter. It turned out he was the engineering manager and the interview was technical. It covered circuit design, setup and hold time, sizing, speed and power of transistors, buffer delay, wire delays, finite state machine, latch and flip-flop, blocking and non-blocking Verilog statements, low threshold and high threshold voltage libraries.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Went to a tech talk by the company when they were at our career fair. A very short overview of the comany followed by a more in depth view of the presenter's group and its relationship to products. A phone interview followed that, and then a day long on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest technical problem I overcame during my coursework and what made it challenging.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Just have long (more than one hour) phone interview. Timing problem

Interview Questions
    • what is setup time and hold time? Do you know the difference?   Answer Question

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!