Intel Corporation Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

3.2

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2015.

Interview

First got an email asking to submit my updated resume(I had submitted it at Grace Hopper maybe 3 or 4 months before), then got a phone call, and was asked about my resume. Asked some standard behavioral questions, and then also asked a couple technical questions. Nothing too challenging. Was told I would get a call back from the manager to interview me, but the next call I got was from the same hiring person, offering me a job!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with someone, how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Professional and thorough, asked a lot of tough questions. Went through 3 rounds of interviews, enjoyed the conversation and felt that I learned a lot about the team and the type of projects that they work on.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest obstacle I had to overcome in my previous work experience.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

There were several technical interviews covering various aspects of computer architecture, micro architecture, RTL, physical implementation. There were also interviews on compilers, systems, software, algorithms and programming. All interviews were professional throughout the process and allowed me to ask them questions too. They also evaluated abilities to work in a diverse team and the ability to work with remote teams.

Interview Questions

• Describe how register renaming is done and what the various options are.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Mexico City (Mexico)).

Interview

The interview began with questions about my experience about power electronics, PCB design, DC-DC converters, and other power electronics issues. The interview was in spanish while they were reading my cv, there were two people, one asking and the second taking notes, the questions were very specific and showed a clear interest on DC-DC converter design.

Interview Questions

• Draw the buck converter schematic and explain its working principle. Do you know or have designed multilevel converters?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone call for some general question. On site interview with 4 different people. First person try to make a comfortable interview atmosphere in a small meeting area. Second and third person interview me in a some room with some technique questions. Last one had a lunch interview.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Fort Collins, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

1 phone interview. Mainly about my resume. on site interview with 5 different managers plus behavioural interview. Asked about verilog, synthesis, layout, computer architecture. Delay and power consumption. Different methodology for layout. Timing analysis. RC delay, charge sharing. questions about SRAM. Different components of sram. Verilog to layout using synopsis or cadence.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Fort Collins, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Went through three interviews: one on university campus, a phone interview, then on site. The on site interview was broken into five major sections each with a different engineer: computer architecture, logic, validation, software, and general personality questions. Individual questions were simple and straight forward, but the interview covered a very wide breadth of topics.

Interview Questions

• Create a test plan for a simple ALU where operands are stored on a stack.   Answer Question
    • How do you synchronize a signal between two clock domains?   Answer Question
    • Design a spice rack for the blind.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

He asked mainly about CMOS basics, Gate tunneling, different types of power dissipation and ways to eliminate, 5 stages of pipeline, Cache Memories, SRAM & DRAM, Verification topics, System Verilog, UVM, DDR2, power area & performance optimization techniques, Physical Design such as Floorplanning, power planning, clock networks. He asked little about my projects.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Architecture questions

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Bangalore (India)) in November 2009.

Interview

Went through a simple written test. Though all teams do not conduct this. But the team i was interviewed for had written test. Then two technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• Technical is easy. But behavioral questions are tricky.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was done.