Intel Corporation

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

3.1

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2012.

It was a good experience. I got an email for phone screen interview after applying online. Manager short-listed my profile and invited for onsite interview. All the arrangements for travel and accommodation were done neatly in time. Interviewers were knowledgeable and friendly.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral :
    How you would react during ambiguity, conflicts - decision making process.
    How you have proven yourself in various situations.

Answer Question
  • Technical :
    Signal Integrity, System architecture

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

On-site interview.
    During seven hours, I met several interviewers who have various backgrounds. I got questions about my major, electronics, almost all. Honestly, it was difficult to answer those questions because I just prepared my current research area (I'm a Ph.D. candidate) and I forgot electronics.
    Although I could not get an offer, I think that this interview is a good experience to me. I could understand what interviewers asks and how I should answer now.
    If you would be a student of an electrical and computer engineering, I recommend that you should review a book of electronics, especially a CMOS circuit.

Interview Questions
    • A simple circuit (four CMOS). If one CMOS is not working, what happens on an output?   View Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2012.

They called me and did a 1 hour tech interview. The interviewer is nice.

Interview Questions
    • 1. A lot of digital design questions, like k-map, state machine, the difference between latch and flip-flop, advantage of latch   Answer Question
    • linux question, grep   Answer Question
    • Difference between DRAM and SRAM   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Just have long (more than one hour) phone interview. Timing problem

Interview Questions
    • what is setup time and hold time? Do you know the difference?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

It was a phone interview for Back-end Hardware Engineer. I didn't have any into about the interviewer and thought he was an internal recruiter. It turned out he was the engineering manager and the interview was technical. It covered circuit design, setup and hold time, sizing, speed and power of transistors, buffer delay, wire delays, finite state machine, latch and flip-flop, blocking and non-blocking Verilog statements, low threshold and high threshold voltage libraries.

Hardware Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2011.

Applied online and had an initial phone interview that lasted an hour. Passed the phone interview and was flown to one of the main campuses to interview with several groups. Groups included transistor level engineering, digital design, verification and tools support. On site interview had 4 interviewers, 3 technical and 1 behavioral. The technical aspects of the interview are solely technical -- you aren't expected to completely ace every question -- but there is a level of expected technical competency. Overall, interviewers were generally supportive and easy to work with.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2011.

3 rounds of F2F Interview
    Round 1: 1 hour technical interview
    Round 2: 1 hour technical interview
    Round 3: 30 mins behavioral interview

Interview Questions
    • Why do we use universal gates and not other gates in VLSI circuits   View Answer
    I was offered job as Intern

Hardware Engineer Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2010.

Submitted resume, and then went through two phone interviews before an invitation was extended to go visit the Hillsboro, Oregon site. Compensation for employee meals is sent in some form of prepaid debit card, but they sent it to the wrong address and I never got it. The people there were friendly enough, but very focused on the technical problems and not especially outgoing. The workplace consisted of the stereotypical sea of cubicles, though they are renovating and putting in less dreary looking cubicles.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would dim a light form 100% to 0% using pulse width modulation when programming a PIC micro controller   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2010.

The interview consists of two sessions + offer on the second session.
    Each session is about 2 hours long and normally two interviewers are following. Sometimes one is from the verification team and one from the design team.
    Eventually an offer is taking place by the recruiting manager. You're given a week or two to decide.

Interview Questions
    • Implement a data packer which packs non-multiple of 4 bytes data streams into a 4 bytes wide RAM   Answer Question

Salary was insufficient. It consists from:
    Monthly Salary, paid 1 month ahead of time - individual
    RSU grant - individual
    Annual bonus - individual (historical average shows ~20% addition to the monthly salary)
    Employee's discounts club participation
    Small annual budget for personal enrichment (books, courses, etc..)

Hardware Engineer Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2010.

In telephonic interview, they asked me first to detail the projects that I mentioned in my resume. In face to face interview they asked more technical questions on my projects only. All the interviews are technical interviews only.