Intel Corporation

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – Apply on April?and get interview at the end of May, Intel CCDO group.

Interview Question – 10.VIA, CONTACT's function in layout
11.what is cache?and its tradeoff
12 what's the concept of page in memory
13.what is virtual memory
14.what is cache replacement policy?
15.do you know any script language? I said I know perl.Then some following questions about regular expression
16.what is stack
17.what is recursive
18.what is array
19.what is hash table?what' the difference of it and array?
20.what is RISC & CISC?what is intel using now?
21.what is pipeline?intel uses how many stage?
22.do you anything about PLL, what's that for?
  View Answer

Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewer/manager called me the day before to ask if I was interested in interviewing for a HW design position. This position was an entry-level/college grad position with Intel UMG to get Intel chips into phones. Questions were mostly about hardware not overly difficult but you definitely need to know your IA and embedded systems basics. I personally got very nervous to the point that I couldn't remember some of the most rudimentary things. The guy understood that I was nervous and was very nice and gave me feedback on what he thought of my answers.

Interview Questions

• when you open your computer, what are the parts that you see. Describe their functionality and how they all work together.   Answer Question
  • What are the differences and similarities between phone and computer hardware.   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Interview Details – Went to a tech talk by the company when they were at our career fair. A very short overview of the comany followed by a more in depth view of the presenter's group and its relationship to products. A phone interview followed that, and then a day long on-site interview.

Interview Question – What was the biggest technical problem I overcame during my coursework and what made it challenging.   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and was asked basics of comp arch. Then i was called for onsite and i had 7 rounds of technical interview in comp arch, verification of ASIC, logic design, circuits etc

Interview Question – Design a digital logic for LRU algorithm.
Divide clock divide by 13 circuit
  Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2008.

Interview Details – I was contacted and flown out. Interview day was 6 hours and I was interviewed by 5 different folks.

All of the questions were technical and specific in nature - it was a very "typical" hardware interview - know pipeline stages, know how to make HSM diagrams, know how to simplify logic, know some facts about sizing and logical effort and fanout and speed and what makes a circuit fast or slow. Know setup and hold. Overall it was a very complete interview, but most questions were not of a "tricky" nature, and very little was behavioral.

Interview Question – If you measured Vcc with a probe on the middle of a chip, what would you expect to measure? Vss?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated a $6500 signing bonus with no effort. I merely expressed concern at being underpaid.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intel Corporation

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

At Intel, we're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun playing the new Intel ChipMan game As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation Hardware Engineer interview questions and advice in Oregon. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees and interview candidates.